Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 189066 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #1785 on: May 13, 2017, 09:46:11 am »

If we get the adamantium working we should be able to easily add all types of enchantment onto anything

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: May 13, 2017, 12:36:02 pm »

If we get the adamantium working we should be able to easily add all types of enchantment onto anything
...How does 'Better metal' mean 'easy enchantments on all types of enchantments onto any thing we want to enchant'? I don't get this line of logic.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: May 13, 2017, 12:39:40 pm »

The Alsamma Safina (0):
Adamantium (4): Devastator, Detoxicated, Crazyabe, Happerry
War Pegasi (4): Kashyyk, NUKE9.13, Taricus, S34N1C
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: May 13, 2017, 12:58:10 pm »

Because it was stated in my design proposotion, its a transmutational spell turning iron into adamantium. A harder and more easily enchanted metal.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: May 13, 2017, 12:59:03 pm »

The Alsamma Safina (0):
Adamantium (4): Devastator, Detoxicated, Crazyabe, Happerry
War Pegasi (5): Kashyyk, NUKE9.13, Taricus, S34N1C, Madman198237
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: May 13, 2017, 01:12:10 pm »

"more easily enchanted metal."

That was explicitly not in my design proposal.  The more features we add, the more penalties there are added to the roll, and enchanting objects is already quite easy.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: May 13, 2017, 01:20:03 pm »

"more easily enchanted metal."

That was explicitly not in my design proposal.  The more features we add, the more penalties there are added to the roll, and enchanting objects is already quite easy.
post your design then

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: May 13, 2017, 01:36:58 pm »

Adamantium.
It is known that Allah created all that exists on this world, from the greatest to the smallest.  It is also known that the divinity is on our side, as His support for our mages, our magic, and our cause is well known.  At this time, we have need of some of his holy powers of creation, and seek to combine them with our skills in enchantment, to create a spell that renders ordinary earthly steel into a superior metal of His own creation, that is anchored in this world unlike the crystals of the heathen Arstotzkans.

Sure I am willing to switch to this.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: May 13, 2017, 06:20:15 pm »

The Alsamma Safina (0):
Adamantium (5): Devastator, Detoxicated, Crazyabe, Happerry, Sosoku234
War Pegasi (5): Kashyyk, NUKE9.13, Taricus, S34N1C, Madman198237
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: May 16, 2017, 06:03:31 pm »

After a bit of a break, I think I'll give Wands Race another chance.  If you guys are up for picking this back up, then I am too.

That being said, I have a new-found intolerance of whining, so please respect Rule #2 in the Salt Addendum.

It seems like the vote is tied.  Unless that changes soon, I'll flip a coin and roll up the design for the winner.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: May 16, 2017, 06:18:56 pm »

Definitely up for it. Honestly, I'd just as soon get into it. I'd say just flip the coin, roll for Arstotzka if possible, then let's see if we can get people in here for a sort of fresh start.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: May 16, 2017, 09:12:51 pm »

Design: War Pegasi [1+2, 1+2, 2]

Well, we've run into the same problem again.

Applying more than one spell enchantment is something we've never tried before, so it's a bit difficult getting the (now rather complex) prayers, hymns, legends, verses, and holy words woven into the carpet.  The spell weaving is also time consuming, and requires golden thread to be woven throughout the carpet.  We can do it...but the more of Allah we call into the carpet, the more independent they get.

Much like the Spear of Allah, we have difficulty getting the carpets to obey their masters.  They will obey more mundane orders - rise, lower, forward, back - but more complex orders result in the carpet literally bucking their riders off.  This occurs when the carpet moves at more than a walking pace, rising too high, or when the rider attempts to turn or stop.  After much philosophical debate, our Researcher Priests conclude that much like lightning, a carpet has no problem performing its function; it's when we attempt to exert more control over the divine nature of flight it rebels.  That's not to say we can't get it to do what we want...probably.  We just need to figure out some way to...trick it into doing what we want.

Preliminary tests show that the carpet could perform much better than we want - perhaps even rising above longbow range, or moving without the rider casting Gust of Wind.  They just rebel when we attempt to control them too heavily.

The additional spellwork makes the new carpets Very Expensive.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: May 16, 2017, 09:24:30 pm »

This was a particularly unfortunate roll.  Sorry about that.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: May 16, 2017, 09:24:53 pm »

Nah, it's fine. No need to apologise.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 217