Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 301

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Arstotzka] {COMPLETED}  (Read 377874 times)

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Arstotzka]
« Reply #660 on: April 16, 2017, 07:56:06 am »

Oh, and something ebbor10 mentioned earlier: Order: Stop attacking the Desert, redirect the troops to the Jungle, and relocate the Tower of Frost there too.

Ground Wasp Swarm: 0
Revise Anti-Magic Charms to include Mathemagics: 2, Roboson, Azzuro
Explosive fireballs: 0

Order: Attack the Jungle instead of Desert, move Tower of Frost to Jungle: 1, Azzuro

I'm voting for it because it's looking like we're making zero progress on the Desert front, as it's functionally about the same as the plains. Furthermore, it's stated in the turn that one of Moskurg's remaining advantages in the Jungle is that they outnumber us there, so this will redress that. The Tower of Frost follows because we aren't using it anymore in the Desert, so it might as well follow us to the Jungle.

United Forenia Forever!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 16, 2017, 02:15:32 pm »

Revise Tower of Frost - to allow more effective control of the weather, through both heat and cold, to disrupt enemy weather magics.

Then deploy it to the jungle.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 16, 2017, 02:37:11 pm »

Revise Anti-Magic Charms to include Mathemagics: 3, Roboson, Azzuro, Tyrant Leviathan
Explosive fireballs: 1 RAM
Tower of Frost: 1, Voidslayer

Order: Move ToF to Jungle: 3, Azzuro, Voidslayer, Roboson

I'd like to propose a second order:
Order our Anti-wizard guard to capture wizards whenever possible and to recover the corpses of enemy wizards if they cannot be captured alive.
If we can get ahold of an enemy wizard, even an apprentice, we may be able to learn something from them (through diplomacy or terror).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 02:44:46 pm by Roboson »

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 16, 2017, 04:23:42 pm »

Revise Anti-Magic Charms to include Mathemagics: 3, Roboson, Azzuro, Tyrant Leviathan, Stabbymcstabstab
Explosive fireballs: 1 RAM
Tower of Frost: 1, Voidslayer

Order: Move ToF to Jungle: 3, Azzuro, Voidslayer, Roboson, Stabbymcstabstab

I'd like to propose a second order:
Order our Anti-wizard guard to capture wizards whenever possible and to recover the corpses of enemy wizards if they cannot be captured alive.
If we can get ahold of an enemy wizard, even an apprentice, we may be able to learn something from them (through diplomacy or terror).
We might want to wait till we make sure we have actually anti-magic that's reliable.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 16, 2017, 05:14:45 pm »

Revison: Mathemagics [3]
We've done it!!!

Well, Jibril Saadiya has done it.

Magical energy has a property called "wavelength" - a term Jibril made up to reflect how this property is much like the waves of the ocean.  By once again adjusting the spellwork that pulls magic from the air and collects it inside the confines of the crystal we've managed to produce a prototype that actually drains magic quickly enough to work as a counter-spell.  It had something to do with matching the "phase sequence" of the quartz to the "natural wavelength" of magical interference.  Magical energy conjured within range of the crystal is dissipated back into aether faster than it can be pulled - this dissipation was originally done through heat, but now only produces an annoying hum.  Our researchers are still trying to understand the equations that comprise this new field of mathematics - now termed "Mathemagics".

During testing the anti-magic field has been shown to extend in a small sphere around the crystal, utterly preventing magic from being cast in or on the area.  Curiously enough, it doesn't prevent fireballs from passing through the field (we extend our deepest apologies to the family of the apprentice who helped us discover this phenomenon), although it does prevent fireballs from being conjured within it.  While our mages can't effectively carry the crystals into combat, we can distribute them to our commanders to give them some measure of protection.  We are very pleased to note that the anti-magic pendants don't dispel conjured crystal constructs, likely due to the fact that it passively pulls magic from the air around it rather than actively working to break down the crystal structure.  Expensive.

Confirm Orders
A)  Capture enemy mages for interrogation if possible; if not, recover their corpses.

B)  Abandon assault on the Desert, shift troops to Jungle.  Deploy Myark and Tower of Frost here.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 16, 2017, 05:29:21 pm »

B

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 16, 2017, 06:10:18 pm »

B, although I was under the impression that both Myark's Fireball Wand and the Tower were National Efforts and could not be deployed simultaneously.

United Forenia Forever!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 16, 2017, 06:26:06 pm »

They cant be, right now the tower of frost is so shitty ONLY Myark can use it.

B I guess until we can upgrade the damn thing.

Lets make an anti mage capture team as a revision before we try A.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: April 16, 2017, 06:27:54 pm »

That is correct, Myark would be overseeing the tower.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 16, 2017, 06:29:20 pm »

B
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: April 16, 2017, 07:06:03 pm »

A If we have anti-magic charms, we can reassign the guards away from our thanes towards actually killing mages (because now they're redundant). Plus, if we outfit them with charms as well, the enemy won't be able to read their minds. At the very least if we're already using them to kill mages, we may be able to just maim one or two and capture them, or recover their bodies to see if we can learn anything from them.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: April 16, 2017, 07:22:35 pm »

A If we have anti-magic charms, we can reassign the guards away from our thanes towards actually killing mages (because now they're redundant). Plus, if we outfit them with charms as well, the enemy won't be able to read their minds. At the very least if we're already using them to kill mages, we may be able to just maim one or two and capture them, or recover their bodies to see if we can learn anything from them.
This exactly. I was actually considering reassigning the guards to our mages, but this is probably better.

Oh, and I didn't vote for explosive fireballs. One of the blessings of this thread is that folk seem to have adopted not voting fro their own stuff. I feel that you get a much more accurate result of what people actually want if you don't spread your votes out so that there is one for each set of proposals and then a couple of people who didn't nominate anything basically decide it. And then there is the terrifying threat of people with multiple accounts, not that anyone would do that.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: April 16, 2017, 10:58:51 pm »

"Calculus" ... It's still an entirely useless method of math outside of magic applications...

Also, I meant to mention this yesterday, but since we;re awaiting a combat phase, I thought I'd bring it up.  This whole bit about calculus, that was hilarious.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: April 16, 2017, 11:38:16 pm »

Combat phase is going to be tomorrow night.  In the interest of transparency, I'll be copy-pasting the raw combat results in addition to writing up combat reports. 

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: April 17, 2017, 01:30:12 am »

Well I suppose I should note that I will be joining Arstotzka next turn mainly, because crystal magic is best magic. I would have joined this turn but, having browsed through both threads I didn't want my knowledge of the other side messing with anything.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 301