Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 301

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Arstotzka] {COMPLETED}  (Read 376936 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Arstotzka]
« Reply #3450 on: June 28, 2017, 09:06:32 pm »

Daytime battles are murder, artillery destroys all.
At night, even the slightest sound can spell doom as death is rained down.
The enemy must land, to resupply, to recharge, to let the blasted Kegger kiss their rotten sands.
We must attack when they are unprepared, we must attack silently and invisibly.
Our heir's reputation still has some slivers of dignity, they must be crushed without mercy.
Catgirl Assassins
We have experience modifying wasps, we have experience manipulating birds, we have experience growing plants. It is far from ideal, but there is some hints of expertise there. Our men have been dying in droves, and it is starting to have some unfortunate effects on the home front, we have little choice but to draw from what remains. But we cannot send our womenfolk in without care, they must be trained, equipped, and resilient beyond human limits. They must be warriors without peer. Thus we will take volunteers from amongst the widows, augment their bodies to purfectly suit the silent night, and sudden death, and grant them the finest of training learned from our time with the magehunter squads. Magically, they will be augmented to possess dark fur, large, directed ears, claws for spontaneous defence and climbing to hide in otherwise impossible locations, padded feet to move silently, and large, reflective eyes for piercing the dark nights, and a flexible, expressive tail for balance and silent communication with busy hands.

Their role shall be primarily nocturnal and to observe the enemy and attack only when their foes are vulnerable, and withdraw after inflicting damage, to remain a threat and report on enemy movements.

It IS silly, but it could actualyl be very useful. Although it is admittedly a very ambitious design. Also, we need to get this done before our heir goes into the field.

Also, could someone perhaps fix the votebox, my votes were thrown away...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 02:38:34 am by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Cat Arstotzka]
« Reply #3451 on: June 28, 2017, 09:13:27 pm »

HAIL THE CULT OF CAT!

Quote from: All Hail
DESIGN
2 - AS-LFV-1 "Protector": Chiefwaffles, voidslayer
0 - AS-PSD-1 Kinetic Resistor "Blastshield":
1 - AS-R2: Andres
3 - Catgirl Assassins: RAM, FallacyofUrist, Andres(tentative)

Glory to Cat Arstotzka.

Though you forgot the tail for balance(balancing). Please add that in, for the glory of the CULT OF CAT. Also you misspelled the obligatory cat pun, purrfectly, not purefectly.

That doesn't change the fact that it's a very good design.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 09:28:35 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: June 28, 2017, 09:15:38 pm »

Hey! RAM doesn't vote for his own designs!
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: June 28, 2017, 09:18:15 pm »

Those catgirl assassins are looking pretty good.

Chiefwaffles, in exchange for a favour, I will vote for your Protector instead of Catgirl Assassins. What do you think?

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: June 28, 2017, 09:24:45 pm »

My goodness, I may actually get my greatest goal passed!

Hail the cult of cat!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: June 28, 2017, 09:35:23 pm »

DESIGN
2 - Catgirl Assassins: FallacyofUrist, Andres(tentative)

I fixed the votes. If RAM wants to break his rule he can do it himself.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: June 28, 2017, 11:46:14 pm »

Awww, but I was enjoying deliberately looking in the opposite direction while trying to look innocent...

But meh, my votes have already been delete once this time around, and it was not originally my idea, so stuff it FOR VALHALLA...

Also, I added a tail and fixed the pun. I was trying to be subtle by only using one r, that much was deliberate, but I somehow missed a massive typo right next to it and then everything fell apart in a massive disaster, and the pun was ruined... These should not be too much of a problem so Imma just edit the old proposal.

DESIGN
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 11:50:31 pm by RAM »
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: June 29, 2017, 12:26:45 am »

I didn't want to vote for another Chiefwaffles design, but we do need something to protect the prince, and, though I was thinking of writing up a proposal for prefabricated crystal bunkers, I think a tank would probably work better.
DESIGN
3 - AS-LFV-1 "Protector": Chiefwaffles, voidslayer, Kadzar
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: June 29, 2017, 12:32:30 am »

I didn't want to vote for another Chiefwaffles design, but we do need something to protect the prince, and, though I was thinking of writing up a proposal for prefabricated crystal bunkers, I think a tank would probably work better.
The Protector is not a tank, it's an APC. Its purpose is to go right up to the enemy and unload its troops to fight in melee. All the Protector will do is protect the prince as he travels into the battle, then let him go into a melee where we only hold a small advantage. The R1 would keep him well out of the thick of the fighting entirely.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: June 29, 2017, 12:38:42 am »

The Protector is not an APC. It's a fighting vehicle. Its purpose is to go right up to the enemy and unload its troops to fight in melee (where we tend to win) and provide armored support (making us win much more often).

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: June 29, 2017, 12:44:44 am »

If we make it, we should order the one the prince is in to avoid melees.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: June 29, 2017, 12:48:01 am »

Also our heir is a wizard so he would likely be piloting and powering the thing and aiming the guns, not jumping out.

So what powers are we giving the cat assassins?  What I read is silent movement, climbing and good senses at night.  When the enemy has a spell that can detect ambushes.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: June 29, 2017, 12:55:39 am »

DESIGN
4 - AS-LFV-1 "Protector": Chiefwaffles, voidslayer, Kadzar, helmacon
We must band together to fight this evil of design.

Honestly, I would much rather have a pure tank and forgo the APC stuff altogether, but I guess I have to vote protector to keep the cat girls off.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: June 29, 2017, 01:08:25 am »

So any other feedback to the Protector? I personally think an APC is more important than a tank, but feel that a fighting vehicle is very possible.

But again, feedback would be appreciated. If anyone wants me to add, remove, or tweak any aspect to/from/of the design, please say so.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: June 29, 2017, 01:48:14 am »

Also our heir is a wizard so he would likely be piloting and powering the thing and aiming the guns, not jumping out.

So what powers are we giving the cat assassins?  What I read is silent movement, climbing and good senses at night.  When the enemy has a spell that can detect ambushes.
They are more assassin than ambush predator, the detection spell should not be an issue. And they are stealthy and ought to be able to use weapons and armour as normal. I guess some stealth armour would need to be revised in to actually make use of that. I didn't really specify that they can use weapons, but I did mention that the claws were a backup weapon so hopefully the assumption that they can still do what they normally would with their hands is intact, and if they get a flaw that says otherwise then there is not much as can be done about that.

So, in short, their powers are: Better balance, less noise, better sight(especially at night), improved ability to stick to things and climb, less visible(especially at night), and better hearing. Hopefully all being in the same theme of "cat" would help with getting lots of abilities at once. Asking for greater strength, resilience, and flight-capable wings without a common theme would be asking for a lot, but just saying "more like a cat" seems like it ought to be easier, but that is just my own instincts.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 301