Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Time Paradox Mafia: Game Over, Mafia Win  (Read 40592 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Time Paradox Mafia [9/9] Day 1; Days of Future Past
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2017, 09:47:39 am »

You wouldn't happen to be EdwardDarkStar- of GameFAQs?
Awesome With Autism

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2017, 09:48:04 am »

Nope.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2017, 09:50:23 am »

TheDarkStar.

If you could know when you died, would you want to?
Awesome With Autism

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2017, 11:19:08 am »

TheDarkStar:
Everybody else: Same question, actually. It's the question on all of our minds, really. How to deal with time shenanigans.

Pictures. I'll probably keep a log for myself of all the actions that I know about and every once in a while I might post an MSPaint picture illustrating it. That way we can avoid unintended paradoxes.

Lol, MSPaint timey wimey drawings, looking forward to them. But if we were heading towards a paradox that would eliminate a suspect of yours, would you tell the town about it first or stay quiet?

Tiruin:

CAAAAAAZ ♥
MISSED YOU :3

How will you sort out a paradox, and what is your impression of massclaiming in the context of this game?

hi :D who are you again?

Not really a fan of massclaiming in general, it just seems an easy way for mafia to target power roles. Plus this being bastardmaf we can't really have a proper idea of what's a likely setup etc.

I would try to work with everyone to avoid paradoxes though. They sound grisly and a way to get rid of a lot of people in one day, which is (usually) always bad for town.

Roseheart: How many games have you played? Someone mentioned you're fairly new, which may account for some... eccentricities shown so far. I recommend quoting posts instead of copy/pasting... like someone else said earlier. You said that Tiruin 'might be innocent' then voted to lynch her. Why is this? You also seem to have a problem with answering questions. Also... Could you be trying to inflate your post count with all of these one-liners? I gotta say, inflating your post count by posting a post of others post counts is some stroke of genius.

FallacyofUrist:
I'll try to use time shenanigans to my advantage! If somebody flips town, we can kill somebody who voted them to revive them! Or block whoever killed them.

Yeah I mean this is my concern with the time mutability. It seems fairly easy to reverse a town death by killing a lynchvoter in the past. If we succeed at that once and then let the confirmed townie lead it could be a fairly easy game... which is why I'm thinking there's going to be some teamflip on death fuckery like being un-timekilled makes you cray cray or the scum have some really OP abilities.

I guess we'll see. How useful do you think the RVS is, btw?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2017, 11:28:56 am »

Quote from: Caz
hi :D who are you again?
Love you too. :P

PFP

Ok Roseheart: I'd like you to read back and address the posts others and myself did; questions too. I feel like you're trying to get impressions and expressions out, or at least making a display of yourself from stuff you posted earlier. The only problem is it doesn't help--or at least it doesn't help much, if I assume you're town. It's a lot of posts which would be better off compiled in one, and given detail just like how you can write much of your other posts and topic/threads. When others' questions or ideas aren't being addressed in turn, it doesn't give a good impression OF you or of your goals and intent; in the least for me, you're trying to be definitive about something when it's not doing much at all.

Unvote; Roseheart, give details to your thoughts.

Quote from: MoreCaz
Plus this being bastardmaf we can't really have a proper idea of what's a likely setup etc.

I would try to work with everyone to avoid paradoxes though. They sound grisly and a way to get rid of a lot of people in one day, which is (usually) always bad for town.
I've PM'd DA on the action resolution order, he didn't somehow respond that in his first response. (The first question was personal stuffs--apparently, people can act as much as their AP can allow, so say you've a night action and you start with 0AP? You can act 5 times, that being the theoretical maximum (as tonight I assume we get +1, so 1AP, and the minimum is -4Ap) and then recharge the next 4 days) :P

Deus Asmoth: More questions :3
> Does the Mafia have the Faction Mafiakill?
> Does the Faction Mafiakill follow the AP rules, or is it only once per night?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2017, 11:57:23 am »

some stroke of genius

Flattery will get you everywhen.
Awesome With Autism

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2017, 12:05:29 pm »

I believe we can agree that Roseheart has no intention of actually playing the damn game. I don't even know who is being quote by them in the post above this one because apparently quote button is too hard.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2017, 12:07:09 pm »

...Does anyone else think that Roseheart has some kind of role posting restrictions or something? I've never seen them play before but this seems beyond mere addlement.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2017, 12:07:53 pm »

All my posts are wells of information.
Awesome With Autism

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2017, 12:18:06 pm »

Someone looked a bit too closely into the time vortex methinks.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2017, 12:22:26 pm »

You have no idea.
Awesome With Autism

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2017, 01:55:12 pm »

Votecount:
TheDarkStar
BlackHeartKabal
Tiruin (1): Roseheart
juicebox
Teneb
Roseheart (1): Teneb
FallacyOfUrist
roo
caz (1): FOU

I've PM'd DA on the action resolution order, he didn't somehow respond that in his first response. (The first question was personal stuffs--apparently, people can act as much as their AP can allow, so say you've a night action and you start with 0AP? You can act 5 times, that being the theoretical maximum (as tonight I assume we get +1, so 1AP, and the minimum is -4Ap) and then recharge the next 4 days) :P

Deus Asmoth: More questions :3
> Does the Mafia have the Faction Mafiakill?
> Does the Faction Mafiakill follow the AP rules, or is it only once per night?
All actions follow AP rules, including any kills. Also worth noting is that you gain 1AP at the end of the night, not the beginning; so you'll still be on 0AP when submitting actions.

On action order, the game is reasonably close to standard action resolution, with protects/blocks etc. going before kills, inspects and so on. A couple of special actions go before protects.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2017, 05:17:18 pm »

During the night, you gain a 1-shot kill ability. At the end of each night other than the night you receive the ability, you have a 50% chance of loosing the ability. There are 3 people you have varying suspicions of of being scum, and your own role ability is the ability to role block somebody. What do?
And how would the asking of this question or the answering of it help you find scum?
Reasoning based on their answer. I'm not sure how yet.

Frankly, RVS isn't really the best way of finding scum, but it's better than nothing.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2017, 10:02:39 am »

Teneb, juicebox, caz: How are you going to deal with the time shenanigans in this game?
Everybody else: Same question, actually. It's the question on all of our minds, really. How to deal with time shenanigans.

I'm going to try and figure out how to use it to my advantage.

Ignore them. It's out of my hands, so I'll just work with everyone and let whatever screwed action resolution eventually, well, resolve itself.

Fallacy - Answer your own question?
Everybody else - I suspect that the majority of town are very strong power roles, and the mafia have time manipulation to account for this. What are your theories about the game?
Roseheart - Strawberry shakes are horrendous.

I think this is the kind of game where everyone has a power role. I can't really speculate as to how strong they are though

Fallacy- Suppose you have a one shot protect and have the option of going back to save either a townie with a role inspect, or a vanille townie who is a strong scumhunter. Which do you choose?

Roseheart- You've been asked several questions already and haven't answered a single one of them. Can you please answer them, or even post something that's actually useful. Do either of those things and I'll be happy to remove my vote.

BHK-
BHK
Ignore them. It's out of my hands, so I'll just work with everyone and let whatever screwed action resolution eventually, well, resolve itself.

Fallacy - Answer your own question?
Everybody else - I suspect that the majority of town are very strong power roles, and the mafia have time manipulation to account for this. What are your theories about the game?
Roseheart - Strawberry shakes are horrendous.
*looks at own role*
Power is relative :V [/attractingheat]

I theorize that since this is the first ever instance of this game happening, DA is making it heavy-light; this means that this is convoluted enough to be fun, but also simple enough to be fun. :P

This RVS seems pretty light in particular, to be coincidental.
Do you feel it is better for you to focus on actions or behavior, BHK?
I can garner a generalist idea in my view of how people behave and then guess what actions they'll take from that, I'm just not good at actually doing the guessing. Behavior, I suppose. You?

But a change in behavior doesn't always denote a change in alignment. How do you determine whether a change in their behavior is due to their alignment changing or due to some other factor?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2017, 04:03:35 pm »

Fallacy- Suppose you have a one shot protect and have the option of going back to save either a townie with a role inspect, or a vanille townie who is a strong scumhunter. Which do you choose?
Well, there is the hidden third option of waiting to see if a better townie dies later, but ignoring that, I'd go with the townie with the role inspect. Even if he doesn't get alignment from the inspect results, there's still the possibility of determining if someone is scum based off their role(if they have mafiakill special abilities, it's a dead giveaway, another possibility is having much more power than average).
~~~
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18