Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: Time Paradox Mafia: Game Over, Mafia Win  (Read 40495 times)

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Time Paradox Mafia [9/9] Day 1; Days of Future Past
« Reply #135 on: August 03, 2017, 08:56:40 pm »

Extend
Oh great, you lynched Extend. Now we can't extend the day anymore. [/joke]
~~~
So... what are we going to use our extra time on? More RVS?

I'd prefer to use it on actual scumhunting, but unfortunately we don't have much to go on right now

Fallacy, why don't you try to generate some content to try get out of RVS?

juicebox

An initial review of the thread. I feel stuck. mostly because I can't be bothered to read read. I merely looked at the posts. everyone is focused on roseheart. it's the same mistake everyone makes on this site. they don't know it so they kill it. I wouldn't mind it if the next day was used to look at persons motives and reasons, but even then it feels like everyone resets as if the last day was a one off and it begins again the questions that lead nowhere. I am gonna vote juice box their blatant and significantly worse sin of demanding content without providing any. I am curious why Fallacy didn't say anything even with his post of posing a what now. It certainly does feel woe is us type post. but I am more interested in juicebox atm. If rose is gonna die today so be it. I will be hunting scum. anyone care to join me?

Wow, just wow. You can't be bothered to read the thread before posting?

First of all, the reason we were voting roseheart was to pressure him into actually posting something useful

Secondly, my vote on fallacy was a reaction vote. In other words: it was meant to generate content. I at least thought that was pretty obvious.

So in short: roo stop being lazy and actually read the thread before voting

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 03, 2017, 08:58:42 pm »

BHK-
BHK
Everybody else: Same question, actually. It's the question on all of our minds, really. How to deal with time shenanigans.
Ignore them. It's out of my hands, so I'll just work with everyone and let whatever screwed action resolution eventually, well, resolve itself.

Fallacy - Answer your own question?
Everybody else - I suspect that the majority of town are very strong power roles, and the mafia have time manipulation to account for this. What are your theories about the game?
Roseheart - Strawberry shakes are horrendous.
*looks at own role*
Power is relative :V [/attractingheat]

I theorize that since this is the first ever instance of this game happening, DA is making it heavy-light; this means that this is convoluted enough to be fun, but also simple enough to be fun. :P

This RVS seems pretty light in particular, to be coincidental.
Do you feel it is better for you to focus on actions or behavior, BHK?
I can garner a generalist idea in my view of how people behave and then guess what actions they'll take from that, I'm just not good at actually doing the guessing. Behavior, I suppose. You?

But a change in behavior doesn't always denote a change in alignment. How do you determine whether a change in their behavior is due to their alignment changing or due to some other factor?
If they don't change their behavior? I don't, unfortunately. If you're referring to alignment changing as conversion from town or mafia or TP to another party, a conversion mechanic is unlikely in this game, so I'd suppose that's irrelevant here.
Extend
Oh great, you lynched Extend. Now we can't extend the day anymore. [/joke]
~~~
So... what are we going to use our extra time on? More RVS?

I'd prefer to use it on actual scumhunting, but unfortunately we don't have much to go on right now

Fallacy, why don't you try to generate some content to try get out of RVS?

juicebox
Reason?

By a change in alignment I actually meant between games, as in someone is townie in one game and mafia the next.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 03, 2017, 09:02:08 pm »

An initial review of the thread. I feel stuck. mostly because I can't be bothered to read read. I merely looked at the posts. everyone is focused on roseheart. it's the same mistake everyone makes on this site. they don't know it so they kill it. I wouldn't mind it if the next day was used to look at persons motives and reasons, but even then it feels like everyone resets as if the last day was a one off and it begins again the questions that lead nowhere. I am gonna vote juice box their blatant and significantly worse sin of demanding content without providing any. I am curious why Fallacy didn't say anything even with his post of posing a what now. It certainly does feel woe is us type post. but I am more interested in juicebox atm. If rose is gonna die today so be it. I will be hunting scum. anyone care to join me?
You kinda outlined the problem in your idea. You didn't read :P
And merely gleaned and stuck to the idea that 'people are focused on roseheart' when context pretty much is obvious :P ...that people are more curious ABOUT him rather than 'OMG LYNCH DED'

What do you think about rose?
Compared to your current target?

PFP
Oh also Caz is ok with playing; all confirmation should come from her :p

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 03, 2017, 09:27:26 pm »

And merely gleaned and stuck to the idea that 'people are focused on roseheart' when context pretty much is obvious :P ...that people are more curious ABOUT him rather than 'OMG LYNCH DED'

PFP

you misread :^)

I said I didn't read read. like 10th grade where teach tells you to read actively instead of passively.

tldr; I read the entire thread, but wasn't actively looking for anything what I did see didn't impress me. still I don't see where my analysis is incorrect. Context only matters when you had to extend the day rather than end it, correct me if I'm wrong but would rose be dead or alive if the day ended. You can be as curious as you want as long as we're not counting votes.

I'll say it again:

everyone is focused on rose
Juicebox made the sin of voting for someone to generate content whilst not making any himself and now explains it was a reactions vote and now votes me for not being scum but for being dumb and voting him I mean come on.
If rose is gonna die today so be it.

in regards to rose well if we're all about context it is fairly obvious :^)

I like my current target. the omgus it makes me like it even more.
Or not it's cool.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2017, 09:35:14 pm »

But there is no context
HMPH :I
Foin. I:

But I'm PRETTY sure there are no jesters (in the kill me I win hah case) :P
Also I'm betting roo is posting by phone, which explains his everything in his posts thus far :V

On Juicebox, of his 7 in-game posts, none of them are an OMGUS, as he's voting you over something he perceived rather than you voting him or anything :p Although you do have a point in that it can really seem like a reaction vote back to you voting him.

-snip-
What do you assume exists in game? :O A voting mechanic seems a bit far fetched.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2017, 09:45:22 pm »

But there is no context
Foin. I:

Also I'm betting roo is posting by phone, which explains his everything in his posts thus far :V

On Juicebox, of his 7 in-game posts, none of them are an OMGUS, as he's voting you over something he perceived rather than you voting him or anything :p Although you do have a point in that it can really seem like a reaction vote back to you voting him.

-snip-
What do you assume exists in game? :O A voting mechanic seems a bit far fetched.

Now we're getting somewhere. I say let rose die, be as curious as you want I mean why bother talking it out and explaining why someone is likely scum. Hey as long as we're all curious it should be fine.

The point isn't that I voted him first. The point is I called him out on his post. he backed off fallacy and quickly voted me with the suprise "wow just wow". As in I can't believe what I just read. I'm totally befuddled by the words strung together and outragd by their conclusion. I don't buy it. I say kill juice box with fire.
Or not it's cool.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • You got this. —Dad
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #141 on: August 04, 2017, 12:03:15 am »

Alright. My goal is to set a trap. Let's see how I do.
Awesome With Autism

You are a kind and gentle spirit.. You are not the bad things you feel about yourself. —Mom

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 04, 2017, 12:56:58 am »

Alright. My goal is to set a trap. Let's see how I do.

God, roseheart's starting to reach org levels of annoying.

Anyways, on to roo.

PFP

you misread :^)

I said I didn't read read. like 10th grade where teach tells you to read actively instead of passively.

tldr; I read the entire thread, but wasn't actively looking for anything what I did see didn't impress me. still I don't see where my analysis is incorrect. Context only matters when you had to extend the day rather than end it, correct me if I'm wrong but would rose be dead or alive if the day ended. You can be as curious as you want as long as we're not counting votes.

If that was what you meant then you should have made it more clear in you original post. The way you wrote the original post makes it easy for someone to misread it as you didn't read the entire thread before posting.

I'll say it again:

everyone is focused on rose

There's a reason everyone is focused on rose. It's because they're essential shitposting, and therefore contributing nothing to the game. A person like that is quite worthless to town

Juicebox made the sin of voting for someone to generate content whilst not making any himself and now explains it was a reactions vote and now votes me for not being scum but for being dumb and voting him I mean come on.
If rose is gonna die today so be it.

I like my current target. the omgus it makes me like it even more.

Let me explain my vote again. My vote was a reactionary vote. That means, its primary purpose was to create content. and hey look I succeeded. I didn't get a reaction from the person that I was targeting, but I got one nonetheless.

Also, I voted you because I thought you were being lazy and voting before you read the entire thread, which is a legitimate reason, because that's also harmful to town.
But there is no context
Foin. I:

-snip-

Now we're getting somewhere. I say let rose die, be as curious as you want I mean why bother talking it out and explaining why someone is likely scum. Hey as long as we're all curious it should be fine.

The point isn't that I voted him first. The point is I called him out on his post. he backed off fallacy and quickly voted me with the suprise "wow just wow". As in I can't believe what I just read. I'm totally befuddled by the words strung together and outragd by their conclusion. I don't buy it. I say kill juice box with fire.

Yeah, I couldn't believe that you were so lazy as to vote somebody without even reading the thread. and now that that misunderstanding's been cleared up. roseheart's been attracing a lot of attention that could be going into actual scumhunting, and I think town would be much better off without him.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • You got this. —Dad
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #143 on: August 04, 2017, 09:50:38 am »

I will make this point. Noobish, strange, my behavior has been what it has been.

Only a mafia would have conviction that it must be a bad thing.
Awesome With Autism

You are a kind and gentle spirit.. You are not the bad things you feel about yourself. —Mom

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • You got this. —Dad
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #144 on: August 04, 2017, 09:53:05 am »

Do I seem like a person with a lot of allies?
Awesome With Autism

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 04, 2017, 09:57:48 am »

Only a mafia would have conviction that it must be a bad thing.
Typically, in a 9 player setup, there are only two mafia. Three players are voting you.
Also, you haven't given any justification for that being true.

Do I seem like a person with a lot of allies?
Caz.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • You got this. —Dad
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #146 on: August 04, 2017, 10:03:32 am »

I am perfectly prepared to die. It is the safest place to hide from the web ahead. Go ahead, make me a martyr, risk making me a god.
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • You got this. —Dad
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #147 on: August 04, 2017, 10:15:41 am »

I am the allegentless. I am the defender. I am the canarie.

Tonight you will here my death song and know.

The mine is poisonous.

Trust not, those quick to silence me.

Fallacy, Tiruin, Teneb.

I rest.
Awesome With Autism

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 04, 2017, 04:55:40 pm »

I am the allegentless. I am the defender. I am the canarie.

Tonight you will here my death song and know.

The mine is poisonous.

Trust not, those quick to silence me.

Fallacy, Tiruin, Teneb.

I rest.
Sure, act like you are the hero or whatever is going through your head. See, the reason I am lynching you is this: mafia or town, you are playing badly. Not roo levels of laconic, just straight up bad. As such, it would be a Bad Thing if you get to a situation like MYLO or LYLO because how the hell can I even tell what your alignment is? Furthermore, you say Tiruin is innocent (without even saying why) and then... vote her? wat.jpg.

Nice attempt at trying to demonize me, though.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 04, 2017, 05:08:38 pm »

Also I'm fairly sure Tiruin isn't voting you.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18