Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 347235 times)

Hotfire90

Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1755 on: July 14, 2019, 05:34:56 pm »

Increase strength to +1 for 10 mana. Also have the ship doctor properly treat the gash wound.
Spoiler: Robert Grant (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: July 14, 2019, 05:44:16 pm »

I edited y action

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: July 14, 2019, 05:47:24 pm »

(If you're going to fight, I wouldn't mind providing you with a reward for doing so, naturegirl.  Are you interested in having that discussion?)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: July 14, 2019, 06:38:16 pm »

(I’m not sure if Eve is ready for a fight. She will fight if she has to, though, what discussion is this?)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: July 14, 2019, 08:12:55 pm »

Try to whistle some songs while waiting for Nina to finish.

Spoiler: Randolf Osborn (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: July 14, 2019, 10:30:47 pm »

(I'm asking if you want to come and fight, and saying that if you do come down, should get something for it.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: July 15, 2019, 04:11:39 am »

(Sure, maybe the wheel and rope can be used as improvised weaponry)
After acquiring silver wire from the jeweler, head to where the troops are heading

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: July 15, 2019, 04:50:02 am »

(Or with your medical supplies and good ability to fix people up.  Plus there might be spirit stuff happening with them.)

"Oh, you're coming too?  That's great.

Would you like anything special for helping out?  I put a spell on the other mage who is helping out."

"If you don't, that's fine, just promise to come see me when we're finished and I'll come up with something to give you."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: July 15, 2019, 05:46:28 am »

“Ok, I can’t think of a spell I’d want at the moment. Thank you. Do you happen to have or know where to find mercury?”

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: July 15, 2019, 08:08:54 am »

"Dunno.  Somewhere where there are mines?  Maybe Bromcresol, way northeast of here."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: July 15, 2019, 08:15:42 am »

“Thank you”

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1766 on: July 16, 2019, 04:14:20 pm »

"Dis-tant...", feeling my mouth forming words is weird... "I guess I am... or was? a gestalt. This... is weird. Like i'm just kinda... riding in my body. Like... things don't seem to matter a lot, though... I'm still interested, and care, it's... weird."
Answer, and see what else seems different now. This... this is weird.

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
The interrogator runs through dozens of questions, through which you come to discover that while you might feel very distant and disconnected from your body, your ideas, morals, and desires seem to be the same, albeit now lacking much enthusiasm or drive.  You come to the conclusion that you seem to be the same person however lack emotion or at least have greatly reduced emotion in general. The interrogator, after some consideration, says that Adam must have been acting to supplement or even completely compensate for your otherwise lacking emotions, while also not effecting your cognitive choices, at least to any real noticeable degree.

Finally they conclude that you and Adam being together is not a danger and that you are free to take him back if you choose to  and continue on with mage breaker training.

Try to whistle some songs while waiting for Nina to finish.

Spoiler: Randolf Osborn (click to show/hide)
The interrogator comes out first and leaves the door open so you can go see Nina.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
give the ring back to the shopkeeper
“Thank you for letting me see the ring. Do you happen to know where some silver wire can be found? I don’t have money to purchase the ring, I just wanted to get a look at it. Thank you for your time.”

Listen to the shopkeeper and see if they know any place silver wire can be found. After she answers, thank them for their time and leave the shop, then try to figure out if the spirit is still here, then try to summon aluminum to sell it to get the money for the silver wire

(Thanks for the message tip)
The shop keeper informs you that silver wire might be able to be found at a shop that makes jewelry.

[7v4] [-4 mana]
You summon up a rough chunk of pure lightsilver about the size of your head.
[7v6]
You take the metal nugget around and try to sell it to several places until taking it to a jeweler who offers you a whole spool of silver wire and 50 gold for it.

Attempt to pry the stone corner open, by hand. If I struggle, cast FORCE to buff my efforts. spend one mana. That ought to be enough to replicate using a lever, right? If THAT doesn't work, I'll bring out my trump Material and cast PORCELAIN on the stone to turn it into a more fragile, but prettier, version of itself. 3 mana, aimed primarily at wherever the stone seems to be sticking the most.

Spoiler: Felix Testimony (click to show/hide)
[2v10]
You struggle valiantly against the inanimate object, swearing and jerking and striking as best you can, but it remains unmoved.

Since the system doesn't allow you to say "Spend 1 mana" We will instead do a d4 sized spell based on Endurance; with the intention of shoving the stone off. 
[7v2][-2 mana]
You use a minor spell to basically push kinetic energy between the corner block and those around it, popping it free like a wine cork.

You hold the glowing orb, which you've been using for light down here,  over the hole and peer inside. There is a floor maybe 10 feet down, and old furniture, badly rotted and rusted; there's also a stairwell heading deeper in.

Paint Saeko's umbrella for her.  After that's done, buy a pair of shields (they're in the rules doc as a "great" item, equivalent with d6 armor and weapons).  He'll spend a bit of the day around Benedict, interacting with the creautre and sketching him from various angles.  Then, Ekrov will spend his evening painting a stylized emblem of Benedict onto whichever shield looks better.  Keep it overnight, Saeko doesn't need it yet.

Spoiler: NEEEEERRD (click to show/hide)
We can assume you do all that without rolls for the sake of time. Since I mean...you could just try again and again till you got it.  The shields are 35 gold bought in a pair like that, assuming you're ok with wooden shields with metal bands instead of pure metal shields.

Keep on keeping on. Resisting/focusing, that is.

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)
[6+1v3]
You suddenly stagger and look around. You're back  out in front of that door...now closed...and the hall to your right is all burnt up and smoldering. What is going on here?

Alright. Is there a max you wanna make or just convert everything you have?
1100 is good. Make some more poison to re-poison the bugman if needed. Also, since I missed another turn, could I get another shot at that antidote?

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
[9v2]
Consider the stuff converted, your poison made, and what you think is an antidote to the gas created.

Increase strength to +1 for 10 mana. Also have the ship doctor properly treat the gash wound.
Spoiler: Robert Grant (click to show/hide)
Done! Your muscles visibly bulge and increase with a faint glow.

The doctor sees to your injury, stitching it up and reapplying the bandages.

The barge is back underway, heading towards the distant town on the other side of the flux lake.  At this point if you sleep, they'll probably wake up when they reach it.

(Umbrella was rolled for, 1d6 spell for strengthened reverse view, 1d10 for strengthened expand.  Total cost, 4 mana.  Should still have camo painted on it.)

That's odd.  I though mana was life, and bigger, stronger things had more life, and hence mana.  Maybe old Eggsy hasn't been big for long enough to build up that mana store.

Give the umbrella to Ekrov, to paint camo on the upper surface of it, as that's the part that gets seen from the odd bubble effect.  Let him know to give it to the magebreakers when he's finished, as it's what's going to block the view of the people under it.

Try to figure out what's wrong with Benedict, by taking a good examination of his mental space and speculating if anything's wrong with him.  If nothing seems apparent, give him two mana and see if that reveals any hidden drain effects or anything.  If there still isn't anything, put one of the endurance-boosting amulets on him for his nap, as their timers are already running.  Also, assess if there's enough space in his mind to accomodate a defensive spirit to be summoned into there with orders to protect his mindspace.

Rest.  Tomorrow is going to be the attack day.  Everyone ready?  Any issues from the 'breakers about the quantity of mana drained yet?.

Done.
[1v5] You have no idea. You cannot find anything specific that is wrong with him. You give him two mana and it perks him up a bit though so you don't think there's any sort of draining effect active on him. You give him an amulet (works more as a bracelet on him). As per the spirit, you believe there's room in him for that. He's not currently haunted so he shouldn't be too difficult to stick a spirit in.

Resting. And no, the Breakers are fine with whats going on so far. They don't mind it as long as its consensual and acknowledged.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: July 16, 2019, 04:43:12 pm »

Accept the offer and do the trade, then thank the jeweler and head to the entrance to under the lake
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 05:37:15 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: July 16, 2019, 11:45:37 pm »

And here we go.

Wake up Benedict, and see how he's feeling.  Take back the amulet.  If he's still down, give him another point of mana.

Cast a temporary (1 day) d10 Strengthen Ape spell to summon an ape-spirit into his brain.  Since it's a summon, it should follow my orders, so tell it to protect catbird's head from any intruders who aren't me, preferrably by a punch to the face, followed by jumping into the attacker's mindspace and apeing it up.  If it fails, but not critically, retry at d8 difficulty, then d6.  (If a hostile spirit is summoned, try to beat it into submission teamed up with Benedict, although if it just wants a bribe, listen to the offer instead.)

After that, hopefully, go head towards the mine and make a speech.  Give the magebreaker their umbrella, and their buff pills if not already done so.  Give the machineguns out too.

Try to get everyone enthusiastic and pumped up for the battle with the speech.  Then try to find a space in the mineshaft, very near the entrance.  Pass out the pills, make sure everyone gets and takes one, and try to hug up to twelve people who are under too-strong emotions and haven't been drained in the last day. (Since it takes a minute, don't want to delay the attack too long.) Pass out the amulets, one to go with the group holding the entrance, and one to go with the capture group.  Take our pills once everyone's done, including my gryphon and my two guards.

Bring the spyglass too, but someone else can carry it if desired.

Then go down myself, right behind Benedict, very near the rear of the group, save for perhaps a handful of others.  If Benedict gets stuck, use a reverse-strengthen spell to weaken the weakest of the Strengthen Grow spells on him an appropriate amount for him to squeeze through.)

Spoiler: Saeko Hirahara (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 07:55:34 pm by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: July 17, 2019, 03:32:50 am »

I'm fine with wooden shields.  I'd assume they're mechanically the same as metal shields, just vulnerable to fire and such, since you can't really make mechanically *worse* shields.

Anyway, give the painted shield to Saeko as she prepares, and equip the unpainted one.  Then stick with her and chomp one of the will pills while listening to her speech.  It gives one level of bonus will, right?  D6->d8?

Edit:  Oh.  Discuss plans with the mage breakers.  According to Dev, Saeko isn't really directing them, so... what are they doing?  Where are they going?  How will they be supporting everyone else?  We're going up against a mage who can control minds, which I'd think is something they're good at shutting down, so are they leaving anyone to protect crucial people?  In particular, the machine gun emplacement really ought to have a good defense against mind control, if that gets taken over everyone else is... well, machine guns are terrifying.  Especially when most people are merely armed with, like, swords and pistols.
Spoiler: NEEEEERRD (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 203