Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Why do you fail to post your action within 72 hours of each update

Not even bothering to check the game thread each day to see if it updated
- 0 (0%)
Didn't even bother to subscribe to the game thread
- 0 (0%)
Waited to what other players would do first, and failed to post myself (This is a big no no)
- 0 (0%)
Mandatory real life events that render the internet inaccessible to you for over 72 consecutive hours
- 1 (50%)
Is one of the few players who actually post their action consistently
- 1 (50%)
I don't even care anymore (Or never cared)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.  (Read 24013 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree. OOC Thread.
« on: April 29, 2017, 03:11:01 pm »

Welcome to the world of Dryad Rage!

In this game, you will play as a magical creature called a Dryad; a magical humanoid creature whose life is tied to that of a tree. The greater the tree becomes, the more powerful you will get. If the tree dies, so too shall you. In order to survive, you will need to nurture your magical oak tree and protect it against wave after wave of hostile enemies. If you want to succeed you'll not only need power, but also cunning and the ability to think outside the box!

Each turn a certain amount of Mana will be created by your tree. Expending mana will allow you to do a number of essential things such as improving your characters abilities, improving your tree, healing and reviving players and possibly for casting certain powerful spells. Mana will be shared among all players and its up to you to decide how it should best be used.

To play, fill out the form over here. When you are done, Do not include information about the Locked Skilled in a post in the thread. This should instead be sent as a PM to me. As some of you may already know, I like to keep some secrets from my players. Questions about the game in general may be asked in thread.

Spoiler: Signup Sheet Info (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blank Signup Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Important Notes (click to show/hide)

IC Thread
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 04:43:39 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: A game about growing a tree.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 03:12:04 pm »

This spoiler contains the current characters which are on the wait list. If your character is not here, be sure to talk to me to find out why. The list has been arranged in alphabetical order, which is not the actual order of how players will be called to the game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Below are the characters who are no longer in the game. For active characters, please view the IC thread.

Spoiler: Hiver Frostwild (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Antler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leaf Vinehead (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aster Witheredlock (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Call (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Thorn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tesipha Oakheart (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Antherus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Scoutlocke (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Grumm-Da (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 03:21:32 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 04:21:29 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 04:45:36 pm by vishdafish »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 04:28:44 pm »

Guess I'll give this a shot.

Name: Geos
Appearance: A humanoid figure with skin that has the color of clay, with emeralds for eyes and mineral veins running through his skin to form tribal patterns. The moss on top of his head that passes for his hair is unkempt.
Skillset (Combat): Earth
Skillset (Non Combat): Terraforming
Skillset (Nature): Evolution/Adaptation
Skillset (Locked): PMed
Abilities: Geode Bomb: Launches a geode that shatters upon impact, launching sharp crystals around it in an area.

Shift Earth: When allowed to concentrate, Geos can mentally move soil, stone, and crystal from one place to another. For example, while concentrating he can shift soil from one location to pile it in a wall in another location, leaving a hole where the soil was removed.

Adapt (Minor): The selected target swiftly adapts a single quality to allow it to better survive in its environment. Examples include tougher hide, sharper claws, a differently shaped beak to allow gathering of a different food source, development of weak poison or venom, development of tolerance or immunity to weak poisons and venoms, the ability to lose and regrow a tail, etc.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 05:13:24 pm »

Name:Hikari Sandashi
Appearance: Long orangey-yellow hair, red eyes, bright yellow skin that grows some fur around her forearms and legs, feet are like paws, cat tail, white dress with faint alternating yellow and orange zig-zags going down it.
Skillset (Combat): Electricity
Skillset (Non Combat): Animals
Skillset (Nature): SunStar
Skillset (Locked): Unknown...for now.
Abilities: Spreading Jolt- An arc of electricity that doesn't deal too much damage, but temporarily paralyses the enemy. 33% chance of also hitting enemies near the target for each enemy.
Friend of Nature: She easily befriends animals and makes them her allies. They, too, gain a desire to protect the tree.
Focus Firelight: Can concentrate light coming from something combusting (including the sun) into a beam of light. Acts like an energy-based attack when concentrated enough, which depends on how much light she uses.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 07:25:56 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 06:08:10 pm »

Probably going to join this, give me a while to think about what I want to do
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 06:09:58 pm »

Name: Hiver Frostwild
Appearance: Hiver is not an average dryad, which often represents spring or summer. Hiver is a winter dryad, a spirit of autumn and winter. He is lithe with skin like white birch. His hair is made of barren twigs and ice. His eyes are a flawless white. His "hair" only sprouts leaves in autumn, and they only come in fall colors, only to fall out a week or two later.
Skillset (Combat): Winter
Skillset (Non Combat): Autumn
Skillset (Nature): Weather
Skillset (Locked): sending PM
Abilities:
Combat:
Winter: Hiver is able to create a magical freezing mist to damage and immobile foes.
Noncombat:
Autumn: Hiver is able to prepare plants and animals for winter, even if they don't normally. This causes them to shed their leaves, wilt, or fall into hibernation.
Nature:
Weather manipulation: Hiver is able to influence the nearby weather.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 06:40:36 pm by Roboson »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 06:31:35 pm »

Spoiler: Aster Witheredlock (click to show/hide)
Edited, Again...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 11:53:48 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 07:10:00 pm »

There are a couple of tweaks that I need to make at this point.

First of all, for Hikari Sandashi I want to change the name of the "Sun" skillset to "Star". This is due to the fact that fantasy universes created by me tend to be completely alien to our reality and the name "Sun" refers specifically to the star that the planet earth revolves around. No actual modifications need to be made to this application for it to be accepted, this is just me nitpicking.

For Aster Witheredlock, I am going to say that Mind Manipulation is not classified as a Noncombat skillset. So that would require change.

Also, someone asked me a couple of questions. First of all, I suppose that the magical tree does not necessarily need to be an Oak tree for the game to work. The players would need to agree on what else it would be if you want that changed because you're sharing the tree.

Also, as much as I like the idea of Druids, Dryad is the only playable race in this game.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 07:45:49 pm »

((Can we have a cedar tree? The horrible allergies from the pollen might help to keep people away. Or give them a reason to kill it. Probably one of those two, if people in Supernerd's world have cedar allergies.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 07:48:48 pm »

I'd like a giant willow tree personally. Perhaps we can have a Dryad tree which is completely unique from other trees and has aspects agreed upon by the dryads who protect it?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2017, 12:03:37 pm »

I have decided to put up a poll to help decide what kind of tree we are going to use for the game.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2017, 06:42:47 pm »

I have taken a look at the modified application for Aster Witheredlock. Illusions could potentially make sense as a non-combat skillset, however Sensory Disconnection would not quite qualify as being a non combat ability as it would be directly used against a hostile entity to gain an advantage in combat. If you really want to make that particular ability work, you could give it the condition that it requires a target to be unconscious or something? I would probably recommend replacing it altogether though.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2017, 07:03:51 pm »

Name: Bob
Appearance: This Dryad has weird growths all over it, which change types, sizes, and positions from day to day. Sometimes they become tentacles, eyes, and other things of that sort. It's kind of creepy.
Skillset (Combat): Entropy
Skillset (Non Combat): Transmutation
Skillset (Nature): Growth
Skillset (Locked): Pm'd
Abilities:
Inevitable Decay: An enemy receives a minor penalty to all actions for the rest of the battle (something like "whenever you attempt an action (that involves a die roll or random chance), roll a d2; if the d2 shows a 1, receive a -1 to your action"). This spell stacks if used multiple times on the same target, eventually causing them to be unable to do almost anything.
Wild Shape: Assume the form of an animal that has a volume no greater than that of your tree.
Growth: Causes something to grow to twice its size. The effects of this ability ignore the Square-Cubed Law.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2017, 07:49:39 pm »

Bob? Really, ATHATH? At least make some small modification to it. Beub? Broeb? Banu-Ober-Bygt?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27