Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r2  (Read 820231 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: DFHack 0.43.05-r1
« Reply #150 on: July 09, 2017, 06:56:26 pm »

I found that DT has hard-coded the default base address for win32, that explains the value 0x13fc00000: it is actually the difference between the default base addresses for win32 and win64. If I change this value, it should work with layout from the script.

Code: [Select]
m_base_addr = base_addr - 0x00400000;
That's technically correct for 32-bit processes (and is the same thing DFHack uses - see "include/Memory.h"), but for 64-bit ones it should subtract 0x140000000 instead.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Algorithman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 12, 2017, 03:17:21 pm »

I wonder if it is possible to get all sitemaps of a world through dfhack (Heightmap, vegetation and such) exported. Maybe in adventurer mode? I wouldn't care about performance and no need (yet) for below ground information.

If someone has an idea how to accomplish that, pls tell me :)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 12, 2017, 05:42:32 pm »

On the world tile level it's easy and has basically been done (as PSV data), but I take it you want to go down to the detailed level? If so you'd have to somehow get DF to load each site one at a time and then dump the data in the detailed structure that's populated only when in that region (or one of the 8 surrounding ones). If you were to manually move to each place in adventurer mode the dumping itself would be fairly straightforward (you could do it in fortress mode as well, but I assume it's easier to move around in adventurer mode). If you're satisfied with less detailed info Legends Mode can provide site maps.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #153 on: July 12, 2017, 06:11:05 pm »

Don't know about "heightmap, vegetation and such", but I've done tile-level world exports before http://mifki.com/df/bigmap/

Algorithman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2017, 11:16:42 pm »

mifki, that's kinda the thing i need. you did it via twbt, right? i want to get a step further and save the data of each tile. like if there is a fortress wall, which kind of rock it's made of and of course its z coordinate. Would this be doable via a script plugin?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2017, 11:43:09 pm »

mifki, that's kinda the thing i need. you did it via twbt, right? i want to get a step further and save the data of each tile. like if there is a fortress wall, which kind of rock it's made of and of course its z coordinate. Would this be doable via a script plugin?

It was a custom code based on twbt. It's in worldmapexport branch, but it's a terrible mess, so I probably need to try running it again first and tell you how to use/modify it.

Algorithman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 13, 2017, 12:03:57 am »

To be more clear about my goal:

I want to create a 1st person walkable worldmap with UE4. it's mostly a learning project for me, to get a hold of the coding traps for a open world game (map chunking/LOD stuff etc). To show different tree types and ground vegetation, maybe even fauna out of the map data would be so awesome :)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 13, 2017, 12:05:53 am »

I want to create a 1st person walkable worldmap with UE4. it's mostly a learning project for me, to get a hold of the coding traps for a open world game (map chunking/LOD stuff etc). To show different tree types and ground vegetation, maybe even fauna out of the map data would be so awesome :)

Have you looked at Armok Vision?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #158 on: July 13, 2017, 12:06:07 am »

Yeah, that was my ultimate goal too, so I'm happy to assist.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 13, 2017, 12:11:32 am »

Ok so, Atkana is fucking awesome apparently. I saw the script they set up to manipulate appearance and such during adventurer creation and thought "wow, I bet that could be gotten into gm-unit" and tried but failed at getting it fully working so I showed them right?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164709.msg7501676#msg7501676
Got attribute editor folded into the mix, it's really damn convenient having all these accessible from a single interface, btw.
https://github.com/maxthyme/scripts/blob/master/gui/gm-unit.lua
Note that most of the work adding those was Atkana, not me, I just got the attributes hacked into place earlier.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
For simplicity I just had the max set to 2x the entered/raised/lowered attribute value.

Algorithman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 13, 2017, 12:38:26 am »

Have you looked at Armok Vision?

Yes, i Know Armok Vision. But I want the whole world and not necessarily in-game (probably wouldn't work anyway with the amount of data given). And I don't want it to look like mine craft, not blocky, more sloping landscapes.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 13, 2017, 12:58:28 am »

Hm... There's ways to go about this, but I think this may not be the right thread. Anybody feel like starting a thread for the project, or should I?

Algorithman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 13, 2017, 01:16:24 am »

@mifki: that would be great

@japa: We need to think of a name first?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 13, 2017, 01:21:02 am »

Bulwersator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 13, 2017, 03:00:37 am »

Is there existing tool that shows relationships ("Friendly terms", "Passing Acquaintance", "Pet", "Deity" etc?) or dumps this data for further processing? As many other things in DF there is a nice and interesting complexity there hidden by unwanted complexity of horrible interface and I thought that relationship viewer would be interesting and relatively simple to write.

I found https://github.com/DFHack/scripts/blob/master/gui/family-affairs.lua that would be easily adapted for listing marriages but no evidence that listing other relationships is possible (hopefully I am mistaken, I also found no open issue for that on https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues).
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 243