Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 750329 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Yoe II of Methiant!
« Reply #2055 on: October 21, 2017, 11:45:45 am »

A.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: October 21, 2017, 12:05:55 pm »

Radio the Alldivines!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: October 21, 2017, 12:09:56 pm »

A
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: October 21, 2017, 12:10:52 pm »

Radio the Alldivines!

Shhh, our space bombardment should only be used against the raven king stealer of eggs our family arch-enemy

A best get some numbers
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: October 21, 2017, 01:50:40 pm »

A
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: October 21, 2017, 02:12:15 pm »

A. Rich and weak isn't a very good combination.
+1
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: October 21, 2017, 04:22:55 pm »

You send a messenger to the Cloister, requesting mercenaries in exchange for your money.

1098 AD, Spring

Your Army has begun moving again in the Donuth lands as the weather weakened and snows melted somewhat. There's not much to do, though, as only few raider parties are found. Cydwyl soldiers met in the ravaged land report that their main forces are now siegeing the capital city, still held by few hundred of Donuth loyalists.

A new caravan of spices arrives!

1to2*

People buy the roots and flowers and powders readily, earning Treasury a neat profit.

Few days later, your wife gives birth to her first child! Your courtiers are thrilled to learn that its a girl! Segeda names her 'Gea', after her mother, and your courtiers host a really enthusiastic feast to celebrate this most joyous of moments. You feel they're a bit sarcastic.

The morning after the feast, Battlebrother Gnarl arrives at your court.

"Greetings, King Yoe! We have heard your call for our services, and we heed it with great pleasure, but our Cloistermasters believe that it is time for closer ties to develop between our faithful and your military."

"What are you suggesting?"

"That Alldivine faith becomes the national religion of Methiant. Convert along with your court, and we shall move in to your castles and keeps, spreading our knowledge of matters both military and mystical amongst your faithful subjects."

SLAM! Goes the door as the Marshal jumps in, his cape fluttering behind him.

"My liege! Foreign philosophies should remain apart from our own beliefs. Ought we upset the soldiers by forcing them to abandon their personal Pantheonist or Singularist creeds and replace them with teachings they might not wish to follow? Nay I say!"

A) "The Marshal speaks right. We ought to keep our relationship with the Cloisters on the level of purchasing their mercenary services."
B) "It's about time we unite together in body in soul! Bring the philosophers and veterans and commandants, we shall call them brothers in arms and faith!"
C) "A mere mention of such a proposal turns my stomach, Battlebrother Gnarl! Begone, as I shall not need Alldivine warrior-priests after all.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 04:24:44 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: October 21, 2017, 04:31:31 pm »

Isn't the whole thing with the all divines that All the faiths are legitimately divine?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: October 21, 2017, 04:38:31 pm »

Isn't the whole thing with the all divines that All the faiths are legitimately divine?

Ye but so far they had no government actually replacing their traditional faith with them. They're just like, self-caring, philosophy-founded, mercenary guilds for poor and homeless at the moment ;v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: October 21, 2017, 04:46:58 pm »

A notion started by a ex-soldier turned philosopher, the Alldivines saw all various deities of various pantheons as 'concepts' that were divine and worthy of praise no matter their origin,

I don't see how this would create friction. Tolerance is literally a core concept of the faith.

B

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: October 21, 2017, 05:06:32 pm »

D - Request mercenary aid this year, but request them to come back in a year so that you can have some scholars run the army and try and figure out how disruptive the faith would be to our soldiers, then make a more informed decision.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: October 21, 2017, 05:21:25 pm »

B! Our military is at an all time low and our happiness is at an all time high, it's time to do some goddamn military reforms!

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: October 21, 2017, 06:17:40 pm »

What is our official religion, currently? Yoe I & II have seemed pretty tolerant Duedes already . . .

A notion started by a ex-soldier turned philosopher, the Alldivines saw all various deities of various pantheons as 'concepts' that were divine and worthy of praise no matter their origin,

I don't see how this would create friction. Tolerance is literally a core concept of the faith.

And the risk is less the Alldivines leading a purge than the common people distrusting new, "foreign" ideas, I think.
I mean, we've made no progress at all on changing the succession laws . . .

Hey, what's the Alldivine policy toward queens?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 06:24:00 pm by mightymushroom »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: October 21, 2017, 06:58:27 pm »

Well, they have been serving alongside them for years in the military, and they have numerous enclaves as well as that fort we gave them, so they probably have at least a moderate familiarity with our people.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: October 21, 2017, 08:37:36 pm »

Hmmm, trade hapiness for their military boost seems nice, it's worth and we can continue to increase hapiness till we get 10 happiness but... i don't know, ah...fuck it B
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 1087