Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 750517 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #5295 on: December 27, 2017, 04:13:14 pm »

You decide the best place to host Utvak will be your own palace.

Within two weeks, he arrives at your palace. You quickly learn that he does not speak local language and amongst your courtiers and staff there are few who know the Agaresian language good enough to hold any conversation with him. Already however he seems unimpressed with most things in the palace, including your guards and your women ("soft and like each other, they are").

In the meanwhile the gemstones, silver and gold arrive at your court.

Unfortunately, the local prices for iron and other common metals were low this year and thus your metal mines didn't provide any profits.

1132 AD, Midwinter

Like a Phoenix from the ashes, an old traditional nemesis of the regional warlods, have risen! The Kashite King, Shapur, has, after unitying his peoples and selling Gubta-populated regions in far east to their original owners, crowned himself the King of Parsians, establishing new Kingdom of Parsia. Already he has proclaimed to 'make Parsia great again', and almost whole of his court and subjects pledged loyalty to the old, royal golden falcon that Shapur's courtiers dug out from some old tomb or another.

Your own courtiers are deeply disturbed by this development. In past decades, Gubta, Kashites and Shahshans formed their own brand of warring states which kept Ceodwell safe, but now that this region borders two big players in th east, some worry that war looms over the horizon.

A) We ought to send military east and refurbish old garrisons in Ceodwell asap!
B) Why wage war while we can make friends? Let's send a letter to good and brave King Shapur.
C) This doesn't concern me, at least for now.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5296 on: December 27, 2017, 04:14:59 pm »

A

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: December 27, 2017, 04:18:19 pm »

It doesn't seem like A and B need to be mutually exclusive, but I guess I'm leaning B.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: December 27, 2017, 04:18:52 pm »

B

Might as well give it a shot. If he is friendly, we can align with him against Gubta. If he is not, then our next conquest becomes clear.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: December 27, 2017, 04:20:37 pm »

A

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: December 27, 2017, 04:20:57 pm »

A - beating up Parsians is an ancient Lauthbas tradition.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5301 on: December 27, 2017, 04:23:08 pm »

B

Might as well give it a shot. If he is friendly, we can align with him against Gubta. If he is not, then our next conquest becomes clear.
I kinda doubt the king who's pledged to reclaim the lands we currently hold is going to be looking to make nice with us... Or that we'll be able to turn him against Gutba, who he just sold his contested land too. If we could vote A and B I would, but A seems a lot more likely to be useful.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: December 27, 2017, 04:23:26 pm »

A Garrisons are good.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5303 on: December 27, 2017, 04:23:35 pm »

...Parsia's back? PARSIA IS BACK! :D

A, we beat these guys up like a bunch of drugged up gauls beat up romans.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Arlos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5304 on: December 27, 2017, 04:39:50 pm »

A

Luathbas back when?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5305 on: December 27, 2017, 04:45:33 pm »

Luathbas back when?

[22:41] Hatkitty: get kois, ankurvat and southern peices of cydwyl first because Methiant is much more easternly than original Luathbas was v;
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5306 on: December 27, 2017, 04:50:10 pm »

A

Luathbas back when?

As nostalgic as it might be for you people who were active in the first Spamkingdom game, I'd rather not bring back Luathbas. Our neighbors to the south are scary enough as is without us having to adopt the identity of their historical enemy.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: December 27, 2017, 04:53:34 pm »

...Parsia's back? PARSIA IS BACK! :D

A, we beat these guys up like a bunch of drugged up gauls beat up romans.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
B.  The fact that he actually sold off sizeable chunks of his land based on ethnic grounds before claiming the crown instead of simply claiming the crown and still keeping the land doesn't suggest an expansionist outlook to me.  It's a slightly surreal fact, and I'm still inclined to renovate the defensive garrisons, but peace seems like something to at least give a try. 

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5308 on: December 27, 2017, 05:14:35 pm »

A

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5309 on: December 27, 2017, 05:20:02 pm »

We do overlap the original Luathbas pretty perfectly right now. Drop Ceodwell and we're practically Luathbas as it started in the first game if I recall. But tbh I don't care about the name that much. So, w/e.

B.  The fact that he actually sold off sizeable chunks of his land based on ethnic grounds before claiming the crown instead of simply claiming the crown and still keeping the land doesn't suggest an expansionist outlook to me.  It's a slightly surreal fact, and I'm still inclined to renovate the defensive garrisons, but peace seems like something to at least give a try. 

I dunno, giving his stated goals of remaking Parsia, I don't think making peace with Gutba should be a good sign for us. Despite Gutba originally biting off a large chunk of them and being ancestral enemies, Over the past few hundred years Gutbas borders have somehow slowly shifted south, they no longer seem to own any original Parsian Lands (or more then a small fringe) Ceodwell and Kashite seems to have taken control of those areas for the most part, and then we took them when we took Ceodwell. Selling this land to Gutba seems to do three things, all quite worrying, making peace with an old enemy, removing said enemies Casus Belli against them, and giving them a ton of funds that they can spend on... Whatever it is they want. Possibly making an army to attack us, which they all but promised to do, since we own like half of old Parsia.
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 1087