Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 750443 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #6435 on: January 23, 2018, 07:27:38 am »

A, Eirika's letter might inform our perusal of Cidric's.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: January 23, 2018, 07:27:46 am »

A
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: January 23, 2018, 09:08:55 am »

You decide to keep a lid on this for now, maybe somewhere in the future you can use this to your advantage. You dismiss the Spymaster and the Advisor, and return your attention to the letters.

Only now you notice a certain difference; the letter from Cidric is signed with royal seal of Cydwyl, while the one from Eirika uses a simple wax seal. The one from your sister is most possibly a personal letter.

A) Family before state affairs!
B) State affairs before family!

Since when did our daughter become our sister? Did we secretly shag our mum at some point?

Anyway, A.

Come on Cyl, I know that Segeda had some nice hips but this is too much
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

GM_3826

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: January 23, 2018, 09:15:26 am »

A.
Quote from: Albert Einstein
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Quote from: Albert Einstein, as well
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: January 23, 2018, 09:21:36 am »

You decide to keep a lid on this for now, maybe somewhere in the future you can use this to your advantage. You dismiss the Spymaster and the Advisor, and return your attention to the letters.

Only now you notice a certain difference; the letter from Cidric is signed with royal seal of Cydwyl, while the one from Eirika uses a simple wax seal. The one from your sister is most possibly a personal letter.

A) Family before state affairs!
B) State affairs before family!

Since when did our daughter become our sister? Did we secretly shag our mum at some point?

Anyway, A.

Come on Cyl, I know that Segeda had some nice hips but this is too much

On a side note, it would be cool to get an update on what the emperor's mother is up to. Is she still alive?

No way in hell we'd get the option, but I have half a mind to try and rope her back into the game as an ally at some point. She was very persistent in sticking up for young Cyl, and since she hasn't once tried to manipulate or ask favors of us since we took the throne, I'd say it is safe to assume this is because she actually cared about us and not for some selfish reason.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6440 on: January 23, 2018, 10:11:14 am »

A, and I'm pretty sure she died about ten years ago?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6441 on: January 23, 2018, 11:01:03 am »

Idk if she died, but still, fuck Segeda.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6442 on: January 23, 2018, 11:03:06 am »

A. also, Segeda did nothing wrong.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: January 23, 2018, 11:25:27 am »

fuck Segeda.

Said every man in Yoe II's court! Ayooooooooo!

But seriously, the majority of her agenda was sticking up for the kid who would go on to become the greatest character we would ever control. I was not team Cyl during the civil war, and I hated Segeda big time back then, but I think fictional history has thoroughly vindicated her.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6444 on: January 23, 2018, 12:54:32 pm »

Well, she did want to void the marriage that secured Elran's friendship while he lived and gave us all these great kids.

My recollection is that Queen Auga's death was announced. Segeda is probably still alive, though after Cyl rebuked her by marrying Esta she seems to have retired to some estate to sulk.

I was not team Cyl during the civil war, and I hated Segeda big time back then, but I think fictional history has thoroughly vindicated her.

I was team Cyl during the civil war, and I hated Segeda big time back then. :P Yes, she did stand up for Cyl's interests—which were inherently aligned to her own fortunes, whatever you like to think—and possibly would again; but to what bit of politics or diplomacy should we entrust her (in-)famously sharp tongue when we have a charismatic son to use?

A

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: January 23, 2018, 01:16:47 pm »

Well, she did want to void the marriage that secured Elran's friendship while he lived and gave us all these great kids.

My recollection is that Queen Auga's death was announced. Segeda is probably still alive, though after Cyl rebuked her by marrying Esta she seems to have retired to some estate to sulk.

I was not team Cyl during the civil war, and I hated Segeda big time back then, but I think fictional history has thoroughly vindicated her.

I was team Cyl during the civil war, and I hated Segeda big time back then. :P Yes, she did stand up for Cyl's interests—which were inherently aligned to her own fortunes, whatever you like to think—and possibly would again; but to what bit of politics or diplomacy should we entrust her (in-)famously sharp tongue when we have a charismatic son to use?

A

I'm not 100% sure I'd trust our charismatic son not to fall apart on a long-term diplomatic assignment. He has caused us more issues than any of his brothers, and now has a drug history to boot. Even if Leath is trusted, we have a bunch of neighbors it might be worth sending ambassadors to.

Honestly, we know Cidric is kinda dumb. We also know he kinda likes us. We can deduce that somebody in his court has an Anti-Methiant streak and talked him into giving us back the money we gave him. If these letters reveal our son-in-law (or worse our daughter) is being nagged or bullied to act against our interests, I fully support sending in the mother to nag and bully them in the other direction.

Alternatively, next time the peasants get uppity, we could wheel her out to lecture them into submission. Either she solves the problem, or all of us get the cathartic release of hearing how an angry mob has torn Segeda to bits! Win-win!

I agree that the marriage did us far more good than harm, but clearly she wasn't completely misguided in not wanting to get too tied up in Elran's family.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 01:19:35 pm by Weirdsound »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6446 on: January 23, 2018, 01:55:40 pm »

YOu read a letter from your daughter.

In the letter, Eirika complains about her life at Cidric's court. She has all the pleasures she could ask for, of course, but Cidric isn't exactly a perfect husband. He prefers to go hunting, fighting with squires and drinking with his uncles rather than help with kids or spend time with Eirika. Cidric at least doesn't keep his eyes at other ladies and buys Eirika expensive gifts from time to time, but still she wished you've found her a more attentive husband.

In second part of her letter she complains about Cidric's uncles. They're the most nosy, rude and otherwise ratty people she has ever met. And what's worse, Cidric even seems to be in their clutches, if not willingly, then at least unknowingly. Everything they say or even suggest, her husband takes as best idea and tries to implement. She believes that Cidric's uncles might've had history with meddling with Cydwyl court as far as during Talon's short and rather unspectacular reign, as she found out from lower ranking courtiers that he was quite complacent and relies on his brothers to do governing around most of the time (except economical matters, as he kept a constant check on the pulse there).

Eirika concludes her letter with a hope that you can persuade Cidric to, as she puts it, 'man up and sober up', or at least one of these things.

A) Well a court life is never a perfect life, she should get used to it!
B) Hmm, how about I arrange a visit to Cydwyl capital?
C) Time to send my son-in-law a verbose and honest letter with some tips on governing.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 01:57:23 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6447 on: January 23, 2018, 01:57:21 pm »

Hmmm...
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: January 23, 2018, 01:57:30 pm »

B
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6449 on: January 23, 2018, 01:58:26 pm »

Hmmm...

Stop hmmm'ing and vote already, and if you have nothing to vote for, remain silent ;V
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 1087