Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 750248 times)

Arlos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #7080 on: February 07, 2018, 12:03:15 pm »

And the Dwarf clearly proved that they don't give a shit about deal anyways :/

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7081 on: February 07, 2018, 12:14:22 pm »

Somehow, I think that the dwarves have just gotten worse over the years, in pretty much all previous games, beyond one or two small things, they just kept to themselves, didn't overreact to things, and generally only took what they wanted. In fact, back waay long ago, with the whole sky iron thing, they could have just payed us to give it to them, but they actually made us something useful, when they could have taken it. I may be misremembering it, but as far as I can tell, the dwarves just got worse with age.
Did they get a new ruler, or was there some political scandal or something? Or were they always like this, just not openly?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: February 07, 2018, 12:28:07 pm »

Maybe they feel threatened by human nations now that they've started advancing out of medieval stasis? Humans destroying Zasitost would have been unthinkable not so long ago.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: February 07, 2018, 01:25:43 pm »

I think the main conflict with the Dwarves is that both Cyl and them are to stubborn and unwilling to let things go. Once we go to Leath we could probably salvage relations though. Since Leath seems to be the type that just wants to keep the peace rather than expand or get revenge like his father. At least that is how he comes off to me.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: February 07, 2018, 01:51:46 pm »

Cyl doesn't have a personality. He's us. We are him. Once Cyl dies Leath won't have a consistent personality either, he'll just be whoever is around to vote at the time.

Spamkingdom 2 ended when 3 people managed to vote for a guy that acted as an honorable and loyal vassal for almost as long as Cyl has been around to suddenly rebel against his liege over a misunderstanding, a rebellion that had absolutely no chance of success.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 01:58:41 pm by Criptfeind »

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: February 07, 2018, 02:06:24 pm »

Personally I disagree with that. By creating a loosely set procedure of how our character acts, and following the theme, the overall game becomes a little bit more enriched. Of course we're gonna be voting based on our own personal opinion, but I feel like that opinion can be molded (along with the options and situation given to us by the Haspen) by our previous actions and by extension the personality of how the character has acted.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: February 07, 2018, 02:37:32 pm »

I think the main conflict with the Dwarves is that both Cyl and them are to stubborn and unwilling to let things go. Once we go to Leath we could probably salvage relations though. Since Leath seems to be the type that just wants to keep the peace rather than expand or get revenge like his father. At least that is how he comes off to me.
+1

Cyl does not have a personality that is real or stable in the normal sense, but I have been trained by the course of his reign to play Cyl more aggressively than I would/will with Leath. This informs my pattern of votes. Thus when we did play Leath I sided against Cyl even when I think Cyl's actions were fairly defensible, because Leath's mind is not Cyl's mind. Even if you consider this sort of imputed stuff to be pointless, then mechanically Leath's charismatic trait is better suited to pursuing negotiations on every side than to losing yet another war against the dwarves.

Which surprises me that you people don't take the easy route and just butter dwarves up with cash v;
Which is why it is dangerous to omit the discussion of money in dwarven dealings. Then we are only left with an disastrous cycle of hatred.
Replacing it with an apparently endless cycle of extortion is barely more palatable, though.

And more specifically to the vote at hand, I just don't understand what purpose is served by making a history of our lands into an anti-dwarf screed. If the book has no effect (unlikely in this game) then we wasted an opportunity to glorify ourselves instead of dwelling on our enemies. If it has a bad effect, our pettiness may go so far as to trigger a third invasion, when the army is in the same shape as during the second. But what is the good effect? ??? (Serious question. I don't have a guess.)

If we must have revenge, well then revenge is a dish best served cold.
We, the brain trust of Methiant, are hardly likely to forget. We don't need to remind the NPCs before we have the means to follow through.

Maybe they feel threatened by human nations now that they've started advancing out of medieval stasis? Humans destroying Zasitost would have been unthinkable not so long ago.
And I would suggest that Zonalath seems to be a softer target than Ankurvat in case our future bends toward a more dwarf challenging status. And when Ankurvat has no backup . . . . We'd have to be very strong but we are innovating.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: February 07, 2018, 02:57:23 pm »

Personally I disagree with that. By creating a loosely set procedure of how our character acts, and following the theme, the overall game becomes a little bit more enriched. Of course we're gonna be voting based on our own personal opinion, but I feel like that opinion can be molded (along with the options and situation given to us by the Haspen) by our previous actions and by extension the personality of how the character has acted.

Feel free to vote however you want and whatever you think makes sense given the situation. I just find the argument that the character we control has any set personality to follow pretty hollow. It's just whatever the players want, and not always even the same players. Unless we get a negative trait that forces us to take certain options.

But what is the good effect? ??? (Serious question. I don't have a guess.)

It's hard to tell if there's a possible good effect, but I suggest that sometimes roleplaying and following ones goals is worth more then taking the always mechanically expedient option :P

More seriously: Turning the other kingdoms against the dwarves would be highly beneficial. It might be hard for us to kill them ourselves, but if we could get a real coalition together I think we could take them out (and who better to bring together such a group then a Charismatic Emperor...) Also there's been mechanical bonuses to racism before. In spamkingdom 1 we fought a bunch of human supremacists that got bonuses against our non human forces because of their fervor.

Also who knows, maybe we'll somehow get the attention the elves. Traditionally they aren't that great, but if they'd actually help us fight the dwarves that could go a long way towards negating the dwarven magical advantage.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: February 07, 2018, 03:00:05 pm »

And more specifically to the vote at hand, I just don't understand what purpose is served by making a history of our lands into an anti-dwarf screed. If the book has no effect (unlikely in this game) then we wasted an opportunity to glorify ourselves instead of dwelling on our enemies. If it has a bad effect, our pettiness may go so far as to trigger a third invasion, when the army is in the same shape as during the second. But what is the good effect? ??? (Serious question. I don't have a guess.)

If we must have revenge, well then revenge is a dish best served cold.
We, the brain trust of Methiant, are hardly likely to forget. We don't need to remind the NPCs before we have the means to follow through.

I'm convinced. Changing my vote to DF.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7089 on: February 07, 2018, 03:55:56 pm »

DF.

We could, possibly, refuse to make any kind of deal with the dwarves from now on, refuse them any kind of trade or even recognition that they exist once we've finished paying them off. That generally tends to have a very clear and lasting affect on people, the dwarves possibly even more so, since wpif we only talk about the dwarves behind closed doors, and silently curse them under our breath while barely noticing them, that means less money from trade or crafting from people who refuse to see them.
Random thought, though it'll probably never happen.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: February 07, 2018, 04:29:44 pm »

bg bg
ca ac ac
fg fg fg
df df df df
ge ge eg
dg dg
ce
bd
cd
ad

You ask him to concentrate on the new inventions and reforms pushed in the region by your dynasty, as well as the continuing process of unification of the local peoples under your dynasty's wise and just rule.

"It will take few years to complete, but the moment my masterpiece is finished, a copy shall be transcribed and sent to you, your Majesty." The historian bows and leaves to begin his writing work.

1142 AD, Winter

Gemstones and gold arrive in your Treasury, the silver is sent to dwarves.

1, 1

It's been bad year for trading, though; metals provide no profits while glass does not sell well either.

1142 AD, Midwinter

Another wave of riots have occured in Methiant! This time, the unrest is at southern lands, near border with Lametania. Numerous folk there are 'enraged' by the state's inability to protect their native Pantheonist beliefs from outside influences, as well as inability to get things done over the years.

Really, those are some rather uncouth types rioting down there.

A) Another day of work for Leath it seems!
B) I will write a letter and then will calm down.
C) Oh, some target practice for the Army!
D) Eh, I can afford to ignore those riots.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7091 on: February 07, 2018, 04:31:15 pm »

A

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: February 07, 2018, 04:32:07 pm »

A

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7093 on: February 07, 2018, 04:33:50 pm »

A worked last time.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7094 on: February 07, 2018, 04:35:22 pm »

A. Words are for people we'd rather not kill.
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 1087