Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 745456 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #7245 on: February 09, 2018, 10:43:25 pm »

A

I didn't realize we had married leath to someone so stupid. If there's nothing in the letter, we can just read it right here then, huh?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7246 on: February 10, 2018, 03:08:03 am »

you're going to get us the paranoid trait again :|

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7247 on: February 10, 2018, 03:57:54 am »

You demand answers from her. Abis, in response, takes the letter, breaks the seal and tosses it at you in disgust, before leaving.

You roll open the scroll and begin to read.

'Father, it is just as you feared. The insanity of this man knows no bounds! He carelessly kills off his own progeny, and now sent his most valuable heir and son and my husband, Leath, to death. Is he so power-hungry that he believes he will sit on the throne all the time, and therefore there's no need for someone to replace him? What will happen when he will run out of children to succeed him?

And instead of mending relations with dwarves, burying them in money they so love, he burns bridge after bridge each time an opportunity appears. I'm sure you heard of his sacriledgeous deed with their tomb few years ago.

And now he threw the final insult upon me and my house. He removed my beloved Anwyn from inheritance, instead placing his disfigured son, Houlandin, as heir to Methiant. Cyl is the Emperor, and that apparently means no law is sacred for him. What is next, I cannot fathom, but I fear for the lives of me and my children. Leath always said his father was reasonable and just, but maybe it was Leath's devotion to Cyl that blinded him.

Please Father, make an excuse for which I can leave this accursed palace of this equally accursed Emperor and visit your house again. I will take my children, and never come back here.

Abis, your beloved daughter.'

A) Treason! Treason! To dungeon with her kids, and off with her head!
B) She ain't going anywhere. To dungeon with her!
C) Maybe I should really apologize to her. This one time.
D) Proof-less scribbling, this is. Fireplace is where this letter belongs!
E) She can go, take the kids, and hopefully I won't see her again.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 06:37:50 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #7248 on: February 10, 2018, 04:02:11 am »

Hmm. On the one hand, letting her leave looks real bad for us, and deprives us of backup heirs if Houlandin bites it. She's supposed to be Menthiant nobility now.

On the other, if we let her go (which is probably what happens with C, though we might be able to salvage it on a good roll) it gets a potential enemy and spy out of our midst.

This entire situation is pretty bad, though. We really don't want Parsia to act on the casus belli we kinda handed to them.

C, for now. It would establish us as a somewhat more reasonable man.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7249 on: February 10, 2018, 04:04:46 am »

C

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7250 on: February 10, 2018, 04:05:25 am »

C

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7251 on: February 10, 2018, 04:07:14 am »

B
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7252 on: February 10, 2018, 04:57:05 am »

Clearly she doesn't understand what being nobility is. The average length of rule of a spam character is less then 9 years. Sometimes that's bad choices, but mostly that's a nature of the rng system of the spam games. Our sons are nearing their thirties, and became active somewhere in their early teens... Frankly, they are living about as long or longer then should be expected, and probably about as long as average for nobility (well, no, who are we kidding, the npcs don't have nearly as harsh or as opportunity filled lives as our characters do, but that's not our fault. If the npcs had to roll a 1d6 every year and they die on a 1, I doubt they'd be so upset about our sons dying.)

I'm going to abstain because all the options are insane. We don't owe her an apology, you can't fucking judge someone for being paranoid and crazy when you're going around their back and doing this sorta thing. This is Yoe all over again really. On the other hand all the other options are just being spiteful. I think she should be let go, if that's what she wants, but we aren't wrong and don't owe her an apology. She's secretly badmouthing us to other kings and trying to turn them against us.

Also Leath asked to go. The whole thing was his idea... And he's a grown ass man on the noble council isn't he? It's not like we really had that great a right to refuse his request.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 05:06:59 am by Criptfeind »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7253 on: February 10, 2018, 05:13:58 am »

Like Criptfeid, I reject all these options.

E - Tell her she can leave with her children if she wants to, but she does not get and does not deserve an apology from us for Leath's decisions.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7254 on: February 10, 2018, 06:13:32 am »

She absolutely deserves an apology. Not for Leath's decisions, no, but for ours.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7255 on: February 10, 2018, 06:31:15 am »

E - Tell her she can leave with her children if she wants to, but she does not get and does not deserve an apology from us for Leath's decisions.

Oh yeh I knew I was forgetting something 'v.

* Haspen le adds.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7256 on: February 10, 2018, 06:59:38 am »

C
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7257 on: February 10, 2018, 07:00:42 am »

F

She can leave if she wants to, but our grandchildren, royal princes and princess of the primary line of succession, are going to be staying here.

Honestly, she is kind of ridiculous.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7258 on: February 10, 2018, 07:03:55 am »

C

She's wildly out of line, certainly, but she's also grieving and enraged about the succession matter. Maybe we can somehow repair the rift by not completely failing a roll somehow. It's a stretch, but it could happen!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7259 on: February 10, 2018, 07:18:28 am »

Proposal: Put Abis's son next in line after Houlandin, have Houlandin's son married to one of her daughters (maybe the one born the same season) to unite the lines, PROBLEM SOLVED.
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 1087