Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 745555 times)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #7710 on: February 20, 2018, 05:46:17 pm »

Speaking of Passage Tax, did we remember to put up "Welcome to Methiant" signs around the mountains on our side?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7711 on: February 20, 2018, 05:47:56 pm »

Speaking of Passage Tax, did we remember to put up "Welcome to Methiant" signs around the mountains on our side?

I'd assume that our 'camp the choke point' decision we made upon first discovering the cave involved setting up a permanent military installation, where we can collect the tax.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7712 on: February 20, 2018, 06:25:06 pm »

Well, I'd assume the "Ironbone" mountains would be a worthwhile claim even without magic portals to another world.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7713 on: February 20, 2018, 06:35:10 pm »

A. We are not in a position to compete with Parsian, Gubta, or worse Damdamian expeditions. Our claim to the region the portal is in is tenuous, and we can't afford to have foreign expeditions trying to pile in through it before we better establish our own foothold on the other side.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Arlos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7714 on: February 20, 2018, 07:01:08 pm »

A

The Iron mountain certainly aren’t Methianese, revealing the existence of the portal and expecting neighborhing to just accept isn’t really what I want to do.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7715 on: February 20, 2018, 07:02:40 pm »

A

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7716 on: February 20, 2018, 07:15:42 pm »

A. We are not in a position to compete with Parsian, Gubta, or worse Damdamian expeditions. Our claim to the region the portal is in is tenuous, and we can't afford to have foreign expeditions trying to pile in through it before we better establish our own foothold on the other side.

I don't disagree with the logic behind the people voting A, but there are two points that lead me to believe B is the better play.:

1: A's chance of actually working is a coin flip at best. B we at least get something out of the deal.
2: We control the choke-point leading into the cave. I'm pretty sure our neighbors would literally have to make war upon us to get in without our blessing. Hopefully none of our neighbors are dumb enough to attack an Emperor known for conquests and disproportionate retribution over a bunch of nomads and wastelands.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7717 on: February 20, 2018, 07:33:49 pm »

To get to maximum ceiling of 12 (equalling to about 35-40k of soldiers with current scaling)

So if the conversion rate is linear, our 9 should translate into something like 30k. They're spread around the Empire and the new world, but still I think that's enough to be competitive when we already hold the ground.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7718 on: February 20, 2018, 07:41:47 pm »

To get to maximum ceiling of 12 (equalling to about 35-40k of soldiers with current scaling)

So if the conversion rate is linear, our 9 should translate into something like 30k. They're spread around the Empire and the new world, but still I think that's enough to be competitive when we already hold the ground.

I believe we still have an alliance with our son-in-law as well, and can call on him if somebody wants a piece of us. Not to mention superior fire-blood machines and martial sons. If the Damdamians decide to throw the full weight of their empire into chasing us from the mountains, we may have to back off, but otherwise we should be fine.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7719 on: February 20, 2018, 09:38:33 pm »

Probably not linear, since at 4 army size we had 5k. But even so 9 army doesn't seem too bad. Who's going to want to fight though the mountains for a wasteland anyway?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7720 on: February 21, 2018, 02:07:52 pm »

aaaaaa
bbbbbbbb

You decide to not supress the knowledge; instead, notes are sent to scribes around Methiant that a new world has been discovered, with new lands and new species and new stars on the sky to chart.

1148 AD, Autumn

Scholars from around the region and beyond come to the Ironbone Mountains. Locals have a great time, serving as guides and mercenaries for heavy coin as the scholars furiously scribble down rumors, hearsays and reports from those on the other side, and few even brave to check the new world themselves (off course, staying put in the fortified camp on the other side). You can bet many books and scrolls will be written in next years. Who knows, maybe the proliferation of written works and abundance of traveling scholars might trigger some intellectual growth in the Empire?

And now for something different; the king of Lametania has died, and his son, after taking upon the regnal name Dann, has converted publicly with his courtiers to Damed, the Father. Even now your nobles and high clerics mumble about threat of a 'crusade' launched against northern kingdoms that still preach various other faiths.

You're being urged to do something.

A) We don't have anything to do, silly oafs! Damedian faith is already spreading in Methiant because we allow for religious freedom. Why would they attack a nation filled with their own brothers in faith?
B) Truly, this Dann is an enemy and a threat to the stability in the region. Converting like that, he is clearly plotting something! My agents should go and find a way to 'remove' him!
C) Lametania slips away from its northern roots and traditional faith day by day. It's about time we forcibly 'save' the Lametanians from certain doom. To arms!!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 02:13:40 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #7721 on: February 21, 2018, 02:10:23 pm »

A.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7722 on: February 21, 2018, 02:10:39 pm »

A, not quite the right tone but certainly the least objectionable course of action. Besides, if they want more Damdamian temples around these parts they're welcome to come in and build them if they like. Passage Tax is all the religion we need, baby.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7723 on: February 21, 2018, 02:13:41 pm »

a
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7724 on: February 21, 2018, 02:14:44 pm »

A

Although in this instance, I wish we had the option to send assassins.
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 1087