Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 745484 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #9315 on: April 01, 2018, 05:00:41 pm »

You consider what could be the third task. An obvious answer; the third and final task, matching with what the Wizard said, is to put the old king's body to rest.

You scoop up the bone dust from the chair and place it into the sarcophagus, and the remainder on the skull on top of the dust. You look at the chair and the two items that remain there.

Out of pure curiosity, you check the crown and the knife; the crown is ancient, and bears the marks of Kingdom of Luathbas! Whether it is ceremonial or regal crown, you're not sure, but you could claim to be restorer of Luathbas with this.

The knife, you pull out, is surely magical or at least from magical metal. It has the polish and sharpness that absolutely cannot belong to a weapon as old as the sheath and the handle would indicate, but there it is, not touched by rust or grime. You wonder if this is Sky Iron, rumored to kill monstrosities and mystical beings. After all, King Feodh did have one, from what you remember from the stories of old.

Ultimately, you decide to...

A) Keep both, Feodh's body has been already put to rest.
B) Return to crown to King Feodh, but he sure doesn't need the knife!
C) Put them both into the sarcophagus, just to be sure.
D) Seize the crown for yourself, the knife can remain here though.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 05:03:47 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9316 on: April 01, 2018, 05:03:13 pm »

C

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9317 on: April 01, 2018, 05:03:49 pm »

C

We technically could make off with both (since the crown is supposed to pass to the next king and artifacts aren't buried with their owners anyway) but I'd feel bad about stealing from someone so much worse off than ourselves.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 05:05:23 pm by Harry Baldman »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9318 on: April 01, 2018, 05:04:25 pm »

C so no grave robbing tonight then
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #9319 on: April 01, 2018, 05:05:09 pm »

B the knife isnt that important (plus its kinda one our more memorable artifacts with alot of history)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #9320 on: April 01, 2018, 05:07:00 pm »

C

Maybe we can ask the kindly Wizard whether either artifact might be safely claimed later.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9321 on: April 01, 2018, 05:10:08 pm »

C

We are not Luathbas. We are Methiant! No need for the crown.

I'm sure that Stuborn Cyl still wants to get his sword back from the dwarves, so claiming another artifact blade would be OoC for him.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9322 on: April 01, 2018, 05:10:46 pm »

C If they were buried with him taking them would likely invalidate our work of "honor."

And our own crown is superior by virtue of being imperial, which Luathbas never managed despite the nostalgia surrounding the dynasty today.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #9323 on: April 01, 2018, 05:14:32 pm »

It would provide cassus belli for an invasion though, given that we hold the crown of their ancient king, and therefore hold a claim upon Luathbas.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Arlos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9324 on: April 01, 2018, 05:18:13 pm »

C

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9325 on: April 01, 2018, 05:19:05 pm »

It would provide cassus belli for an invasion though, given that we hold the crown of their ancient king, and therefore hold a claim upon Luathbas.

We already own much of Luathbas tho. I'm not sure there is much left to invade. Koi maybe? But we already have Cassus Belli against their silver withholding master.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9326 on: April 01, 2018, 05:46:38 pm »

C.  We'll get haunted by his ghost if we take his grave goods, or the Wizard won't help us.  Bad, bad things will happen.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9327 on: April 01, 2018, 05:53:57 pm »

Ahhh SO NOOOOW YOU DONT WANT TO GRAVEROB?  Graverobbing is a time honored tradition that has never had negative consequences.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9328 on: April 01, 2018, 05:58:41 pm »

Ahhh SO NOOOOW YOU DONT WANT TO GRAVEROB?  Graverobbing is a time honored tradition that has never had negative consequences.

Yeah, but this time if we fuck it up it is our own ass physically on the line. Also, don't want to mess anything up until the wizard makes the megabeast go poof.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9329 on: April 01, 2018, 06:04:08 pm »

Ya know, it was really robbing dwarf or elf graves that caused any bother. Opening up the Tygwand (human pre-Luathbas) tomb netted us a nice ceremonial staff.

But still voting not to let down the wizard. Immortal avatars of Syrupy Goodness get so judgy sometimes.
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 1087