Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 745556 times)

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Empress Ruberta I of Methiant!
« Reply #13035 on: July 22, 2018, 12:48:35 pm »

You arrange a grand ball for Summer time!

1143 AD, Summer

The ball is underway. Everyone is listening to great music (apparently some very talented bard is performing), and you have a dance with Cyl first. But the ball room is full of noblemen and thus full of plots and rumors.

It isn't long till you have few drinks, lose Cyl in the commotion, and end listening along several noblewomen to the lovely ballads of the bard. He is young, charming, handsome, and oh gaaaawds that soothing, melodic voice. This man is a true talent, one in a generation - or maybe the wine has dimmed your hearing.

After he finishes his bawdy 'Ballad of Ceold and Ynylla', he turns to you and tips his hat.

"Does Lady Empress of Methiant has a special request?"

You decide to...

A) Pass.
B) Ask for another song.
C) Invite him to become the court musician.
D) Ask he tours the country on your behalf, singing to soothe your subjects' minds.
a)  I don’t intend to sire bastards and mess it up for doge
Though d would be a thing ruberta would do I don’t want to waste money
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 01:00:09 pm by Basil ii »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13036 on: July 22, 2018, 12:58:55 pm »

You declare Cyl as your heir. The Advisor inscribes your decision upon the scroll, and you weakly the prepared wax seal with your royal signet.

Understandably got lost in the tons of chatter and probably doesn't even matter, but Doge won, not Cyl.

B. I mean, we're the empress, us getting some songs is pretty appropriate.

I'd ask for D but sadly I don't wanta spend the cash for right now.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13037 on: July 22, 2018, 01:00:14 pm »

B

Hotfire90

« Reply #13038 on: July 22, 2018, 01:00:28 pm »

B

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13039 on: July 22, 2018, 01:01:23 pm »

You declare Cyl as your heir. The Advisor inscribes your decision upon the scroll, and you weakly the prepared wax seal with your royal signet.

Understandably got lost in the tons of chatter and probably doesn't even matter, but Doge won, not Cyl.

B. I mean, we're the empress, us getting some songs is pretty appropriate.

I'd ask for D but sadly I don't wanta spend the cash for right now.
yep doge won fair and square 

« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 01:04:12 pm by Basil ii »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13040 on: July 22, 2018, 01:03:40 pm »

A
Nice, an update while I'm writing a post. A good one too! However, I only choose this under the assumption we are keeping up with our diet. We only just avoided death, let's not tempt fate again.

Aaaand another update. Hmmm. This seems suspicious to me. I'm going with A, but if it comes to a tie I suppose I will switch my vote to B. Actually scratch that, this just feels way too suspicious to me. Scandals are not nice in the best of times, we do not need to deal with one while we are in the middle of finally integrating Cydwyl into our empire after over 100 years of peace between us. I would say D if we had the money, but sadly we don't.

Anyway.

Can I just say I love the story being crafted here? First you have Yoe I and Yoe II, the forefathers of the kingdom of Methiant who managed to start it's swift rise to power, and Luath I, a treacherous viper who tried, successfully, to gain favour with a part of the kingdom by helping Yoe II and abdicating from the thrown, only to swiftly be proven a tyrant and defeated. Then you have Cyl the Great, the man who lead the kingdom of Methiant into becoming an empire, but suffered from a lack of love from the people despite being instrumental in Methiant's rise, only to start getting frustrated after the death of his sons and the issues caused by religion, leading to rash choices near the end of his reign. Then you have Yoe III, an average king who had little effect on the realm and only had the name of the first Yoes, but a nice break from the constant change that happened during Cyl the Great's reign. After that there's the short reign of the mad Bjern I, who is killed by Ruberta I, who saves the empire in the process. After the heroic act of saving her daughter and empire, she is chosen as the first Empress of Methiant, quickly proving to the rest of the empire that she truly cares about it, proving herself to be the first Good ruler in hundreds of years and uniting Cydwyl during her prosperous reign of peace and tranquility. Hopefully.

I'm actually kind of tempted to make a book or novel or something about the events that happen in these games, probably in the style of a history book or
something.

Edit: And yeah, Doge won.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 01:05:58 pm by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13041 on: July 22, 2018, 01:09:06 pm »

A
Nice, an update while I'm writing a post. A good one too! However, I only choose this under the assumption we are keeping up with our diet. We only just avoided death, let's not tempt fate again.

Aaaand another update. Hmmm. This seems suspicious to me. I'm going with A, but if it comes to a tie I suppose I will switch my vote to B. Actually scratch that, this just feels way too suspicious to me. Scandals are not nice in the best of times, we do not need to deal with one while we are in the middle of finally integrating Cydwyl into our empire after over 100 years of peace between us. I would say D if we had the money, but sadly we don't.

Anyway.

Can I just say I love the story being crafted here? First you have Yoe I and Yoe II, the forefathers of the kingdom of Methiant who managed to start it's swift rise to power, and Luath I, a treacherous viper who tried, successfully, to gain favour with a part of the kingdom by helping Yoe II and abdicating from the thrown, only to swiftly be proven a tyrant and defeated. Then you have Cyl the Great, the man who lead the kingdom of Methiant into becoming an empire, but suffered from a lack of love from the people despite being instrumental in Methiant's rise, only to start getting frustrated after the death of his sons and the issues caused by religion, leading to rash choices near the end of his reign. Then you have Yoe III, an average king who had little effect on the realm and only had the name of the first Yoes, but a nice break from the constant change that happened during Cyl the Great's reign. After that there's the short reign of the mad Bjern I, who is killed by Ruberta I, who saves the empire in the process. After the heroic act of saving her daughter and empire, she is chosen as the first Empress of Methiant, quickly proving to the rest of the empire that she truly cares about it, proving herself to be the first Good ruler in hundreds of years and uniting Cydwyl during her prosperous reign of peace and tranquility. Hopefully.

I'm actually kind of tempted to make a book or novel or something about the events that happen in these games, probably in the style of a history book or
something.

Edit: And yeah, Doge won.
this right here is what made me love spamkingdom

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13042 on: July 22, 2018, 01:11:54 pm »

I'm actually kind of tempted to make a book or novel or something about the events that happen in these games, probably in the style of a history book or something.

Start with first SPAMKINGDOM as proper book, then make a novel about SPAMKINGDOM+, and finally 50% thicker sequel book that is SPAMKINGDOM#

You can do it, I believe in you :3
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13043 on: July 22, 2018, 01:17:01 pm »

I'm actually kind of tempted to make a book or novel or something about the events that happen in these games, probably in the style of a history book or something.

Start with first SPAMKINGDOM as proper book, then make a novel about SPAMKINGDOM+, and finally 50% thicker sequel book that is SPAMKINGDOM#

You can do it, I believe in you :3
1+

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13044 on: July 22, 2018, 01:17:31 pm »

Replace that second bit with "Luath I, a noble hero who tried to rule justly and fairly and managed to successfully hold the nation together under the insanity of his brother and even cure him and peacefully pass back the reigns of power when he could have stayed king, only to regretfully have to rally the free people of methiant to fight against a despotic take over of the country by the evil queen mother after the death of her husband (probably at her hand tbh) but his noble rebellion was cruelty crushed by the forces of evil, leading to years of ineffective governance by the regency that eventually culminated in Cyl the Great, the man who took command of the kingdom during a surge of technological innovation and used that to forge a bloody empire build on the subjugation and genocide of his neighbors and deaths of a majority of his family line. The empire was military somewhat successful at first, folding in a number of neighbors, eventually crumbled under the weight of it's accumulated enemies and internal discontent, being forced to give up a number of it's military gains and after the Iron Fist of Cyl passed into the next world, was almost brought to a rebellious ruin by the incompetent and insane sons of Cyl, only saved by control of the empire passing away from his descendants and into the hands of the faithful and competent Ruberta I"

#Luathdidnothingwrong
#Aethledwasawitch
#Neverforget

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13045 on: July 22, 2018, 01:22:14 pm »

Replace that second bit with "Luath I, a noble hero who tried to rule justly and fairly and managed to successfully hold the nation together under the insanity of his brother and even cure him and peacefully pass back the reigns of power when he could have stayed king, only to regretfully have to rally the free people of methiant to fight against a despotic take over of the country by the evil queen mother after the death of her husband (probably at her hand tbh) but his noble rebellion was cruelty crushed by the forces of evil, leading to years of ineffective governance by the regency that eventually culminated in Cyl the Great, the man who took command of the kingdom during a surge of technological innovation and used that to forge a bloody empire build on the subjugation and genocide of his neighbors and deaths of a majority of his family line. The empire was military somewhat successful at first, folding in a number of neighbors, eventually crumbled under the weight of it's accumulated enemies and internal discontent, being forced to give up a number of it's military gains and after the Iron Fist of Cyl passed into the next world, was almost brought to a rebellious ruin by the incompetent and insane sons of Cyl, only saved by control of the empire passing away from his descendants and into the hands of the faithful and competent Ruberta I"

#Luathdidnothingwrong
#Aethledwasawitch
#Neverforget
#luathnotevenonce
#cylforlife
#segedathetruequeen
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 01:39:39 pm by Basil ii »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13046 on: July 22, 2018, 01:23:05 pm »

#Luathdidnothingwrong
#Aethledwasawitch
#Neverforget
#+1

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13047 on: July 22, 2018, 01:25:21 pm »

Who the heck is Aethled though v:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13048 on: July 22, 2018, 01:27:40 pm »

Who the heck is Aethled though v:
was that not cyl mother.?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13049 on: July 22, 2018, 01:29:04 pm »

Cyls sister, misread the family tree.

#Segedawasawitch
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 1087