Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 918 919 [920] 921 922 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 745544 times)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Yoe IV of Methiant!
« Reply #13785 on: August 09, 2018, 03:04:31 pm »

good plan in the purely theoretical event of a invasion what if when we size parsian land we can give some of the parts to Gupta ;seeing as it is his rightful land; and get rewarded maybe even a alliance and we don’t even have to deal with the inevitable parsian uprising it’s a win win.

Okay, now I really don't understand: when and if Sim (Gubta no longer exists on the map, if you please) invades our sorta-client state Parsia, we also invade (calling it 'peacekeeping' or 'protection' probably) and then give the Parsian land we control to Sim?!? Why, oh why, should we expend our army and resources to spare Mahjar Sim's?

We already have multiple trade deals with Sim Empire to keep us friendly. If somehow they aren't enough – although they should be, they're funding these wars it seems – then giving away land to the currently most active expansionist only makes our position that much worse. Appeasement is not an answer to ambition. (Also, I'd have to review some of the really old Spamkingdom maps but I believe the Parsians do have the ancient claim to most if not all their current territory.)

The difference between Persia and the Sim Empire, is that while the Persians have been walked all over by many of their neighbors- us included, the Sim empire Kicked the shit out of the single biggest country in the area for stepping on their lawn, and to make it an even bigger thing- the people they kicked may soon invade us for not paying for a dead uncle who caused problems for everyone.

I think you've mixed up Sim's fight against Ysirenes (also our trading partners, BTW) with Damedian backup versus our quarrel with the Republic. Despite their mutual culture friendliness, Damedia is not the same political entity as the Damdamian Republic is not the same as the Holy Damdamian Empire.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13786 on: August 09, 2018, 03:17:11 pm »

I see your points but I really don’t want to deal with a Parsian revolt but If we can solve that problem through good traits titles or artifacts or puppet states then all Is fine I just despise civil war and revolts they are such waste of good manpower and resources and time.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 03:27:57 pm by Basil ii »

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13787 on: August 09, 2018, 03:52:45 pm »

We had a rather contentious debate about the merits of expansion vs. rebellion back when we were the ones picking on Parsia; at that time we ended up respecting their self-rule (supposedly with us appointing third-highest official in their government to keep them close, even if we see them ignore our counsel more than we see them taking it). If you don't want a people mad at you – and the Parsians are pretty good at "honor" and grudges and ancient claims – don't invade them in the first place.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13788 on: August 09, 2018, 03:57:27 pm »

We had a rather contentious debate about the merits of expansion vs. rebellion back when we were the ones picking on Parsia; at that time we ended up respecting their self-rule (supposedly with us appointing third-highest official in their government to keep them close, even if we see them ignore our counsel more than we see them taking it). If you don't want a people mad at you – and the Parsians are pretty good at "honor" and grudges and ancient claims – don't invade them in the first place.
oh no my desire to expand is greater than my fears of revolt is just think of them as solvable problems annoying ones but solveable.

Ps does anybody else think that a marriage with Gupta would be a good idea right about now?.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 03:59:11 pm by Basil ii »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #13789 on: August 09, 2018, 04:10:59 pm »

No

I mean, one of our kids marrying? Yes it is, ourselves? no

plus, expansion isn't the BEST always, for now we need access to more mountains that we can gain through settlement policy so we can access more mines or developing our regions, with exotic agriculture, glasswork, trinkets to be sold or babymaking influences

expanding right now only means more land to defend, the only thing that parsia will give us is kotton cloth maybe and more lands to defend, sandy lands to defend which is hard for us to use our fireblood equipement

damn you gave me an idea

(haspen, what about an edict that give a "incentive" ($$) for our methiantese families for each boy other than [put here actual average number of kids] that reached adulthood and is participating of the army duties and other incentive for each daughter married that got their first kids or something like that to boost babymaking?, I know that the settlement policy should be helping to increase our population to 8 but it's too slow for us to notice a difference)

Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13790 on: August 09, 2018, 04:14:01 pm »

CAA

We should be expanding North and West (and maybe South a bit too) rather than East, but it's better that we have our Eastern frontier be occupied by Parsia than Sim, doubly so if we're exerting some influence over them. Sim might be friendly now, but there's no guarantee that they'll stay that way, especially if they keep up their succession of expansionist rulers.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13791 on: August 10, 2018, 12:04:03 am »

No
I mean, one of our kids marrying? Yes it is, ourselves? no
i agree with you while I was writing that meant that our unmarried sister should marry but children works fine too it may even be better. Now that we are on the subject matter where should we marry her off?.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:08:08 am by Basil ii »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13792 on: August 10, 2018, 11:57:14 am »

aab aab 
cab
caa caa caa caa caa caa caa caa

You write two letters; one in which you use flattery to express your hopes for eternal friendship between east and west. The other is a letter of warning to the Parsian court, telling them of your agents' findings and that they should prepare for possible war with Gubta.

1194 AD, Late Autumn

You receive a reply from Mahjar Sim.

It is a short letter in he assures you that Simian Empire owes much friendship to the Empire of Methiant for helping it recover from its lows and regain its ancient glory. For this, Mahjar Sim personally views Yoean Dynasty as friends for time eternal.

1194 AD, Winter

As the news of Queen Mother Eirika's death reach your palace, the Trade advisor presents you report on the profits made from fur trade.

1to3

They were rather dissappointing. At least hard silver and golden coinage is made from the bullion.

Some courtiers wonder if you should visit Cydwyl on the occassion of Eirika's funeral.

A) I will send some courtiers as my representatives.
B) I will send my wife in my place.
C) I will go with most of my family and a grand entourage of hundred courtiers!
D) Eh, nah.
E) I will arrive with my wife, few important courtiers and some servants.
F) I will send a letter of condolences to the Cydwyllian court.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13793 on: August 10, 2018, 11:58:55 am »

E [puts on a tin foil hat] what a nice guy sim is though he could be pretending to be our friend to try and trick us.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:05:39 pm by Basil ii »

Hotfire90

« Reply #13794 on: August 10, 2018, 12:00:13 pm »

E

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13795 on: August 10, 2018, 12:03:56 pm »

E

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13796 on: August 10, 2018, 12:11:33 pm »

E.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #13797 on: August 10, 2018, 12:29:37 pm »

E
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13798 on: August 10, 2018, 12:30:13 pm »

E
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13799 on: August 10, 2018, 12:39:46 pm »

E
Pages: 1 ... 918 919 [920] 921 922 ... 1087