Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 920 921 [922] 923 924 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 750332 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Yoe IV of Methiant!
« Reply #13815 on: August 11, 2018, 06:19:24 am »

I swear, this is the bestest negative trait I ever came up with <3

Yeah, give us some non-lust things relating to hedonism dammit!
Does anybody else think that hedonism is the worst negative trait
Honestly, this is more plain old lust than hedonism. >.>
A
Haspen, why are you doing this to us... WHYYYYYYY YOU MONSTER
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13816 on: August 11, 2018, 06:35:49 am »

I swear, this is the bestest negative trait I ever came up with <3

Yeah, give us some non-lust things relating to hedonism dammit!
Does anybody else think that hedonism is the worst negative trait
Honestly, this is more plain old lust than hedonism. >.>
Haspen, why are you doing this to us... WHYYYYYYY YOU MONSTER
geez man you don’t have to be rude about it if you disagree with us present your argument on why it’s bad.  [sorry if you were sarcastic I just can’t see sarcasm online]
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 06:37:31 am by Basil ii »

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13817 on: August 11, 2018, 07:14:50 am »

A

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13818 on: August 11, 2018, 07:23:41 am »

Does anybody else think that hedonism is the worst bad trait in comparison to the other bad traits we had in our family I mean houlandin I didn’t have it nearly as rough of a time as doge currently has?.

Houlandin I didn't live long enough for us to get the full effect of playing a Homosexual character.

I will say that Doge's hedonism seems worse than both of Cyl I' s negative traits combined. ...But on the other hand it would not be a big deal at all if we chose not to get married or were not in a position where our inheritance of of the North is contingent upon our good behavior.

A

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13819 on: August 11, 2018, 07:49:07 am »

I think Haspen just really wanted to screw us around a bit and have fun with this character getting fucked over after the last character did so well but somewhat boringly, which is why it's so bad.

A

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13820 on: August 11, 2018, 08:04:53 am »

I think Haspen just really wanted to screw us around a bit and have fun with this character getting fucked over after the last character did so well but somewhat boringly, which is why it's so bad.
now that I think about it we only had two decent characters the rest were a mix up between blindingly average and pure garbage.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13821 on: August 11, 2018, 08:12:03 am »

You apologize to Reinhar for your behavior, and explain that you have a marraige oath to uphold. He laughs, apologizes for himself and wishes you well.

The next day a messenger arrives with a letter from your court at Methe.

That bloodthirsty Mahjar Sim has declared war against Parsia, to reconquer the lawful Gubtan territories taken few decades ago by Shapur!

Your court is asking that you decide on Methiantese involvement and that you return quickly to the capital.

As for your return...

A) Duh!
B) Nah.

As for Methiantese involvement...

A) We will protect our Parsian friends! Mahjar Sim will regret this day! To war!!
B) I will write a letter in which I ask him to reconsider and turn his armies back, lest Methiant gets involved.
C) We won't be getting involved, Parsians are on their own now.

As for potential Cydwyl help...

A) Let's not drag Cydwyllians into this mess.
B) Let's find dad and ask him for Cydwyllian support also!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #13822 on: August 11, 2018, 08:14:59 am »

It will screw us? It will, but I am having fun enough

and SHHHHH, don't make him remember the other aspects of hedonism, otherwise we will attract other bad traits like "fat" or whatever

A

Let's not involve in this war, I don't know the state of our army and we will only get involved if the parsians deserve it or swear vassalage. he has a de jure casus belli afterall
BCA

(and god damn, that Sim is cleaning the empire's name, he is winning back every lost war)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 08:22:28 am by omada »
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13823 on: August 11, 2018, 08:18:35 am »

A A B switching votes

Let's show off our other traits for a while.

----------

For me, it's less the messing-with-us factor of our negative trait as it is the frequency of its action that feels one-dimensional. Cyl I's reclusivesness, for comparison, came much later in his life and usually just meant one of the other adults in the palace dealt with the problem du jour: what was done was done, and often not too badly even though losing control of 'our' character was frustrating at the time. Yoe IV is having close to half his choices it seems be about his loins – 3 or 4 pop-ups per year about 'us' losing or barely keeping control – and I feel this is close to turning into SPAMHORNDOG: Don't Get Caught!. Granted the emperor's exploits have repercussions beyond his own bedroom, but my preference would be to dial back on how often these sorts of events appear if the prophecy regarding his long life means we're dealing with this trait for several decades. (Or at least give us a decent chance to more permanently deal with it, I wasn't entirely joking about buying him some underwear with a matching key for his wife.)

« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 10:01:57 am by mightymushroom »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13824 on: August 11, 2018, 08:35:52 am »

Hmmm, okay, it might be too frequent ;v

Let's say it was hormones ruling this year! :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13825 on: August 11, 2018, 08:44:44 am »

ABB changed my vote
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 11:26:59 am by Basil ii »

Hotfire90

« Reply #13826 on: August 11, 2018, 08:44:57 am »

ABB Sending them a letter warning them of our intervention might be enough to make them reconsider.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 10:47:36 am by Hotfire90 »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13827 on: August 11, 2018, 08:49:40 am »

ABB

We can't afford to look weak and let Gubta screw OUR bitch, but let us not rush into things. Let's write a letter and give them a warning... Or better yet have our Charismatic father write the letter.

If the letter does not work, we should go to war. We should drag Cydwyll along, so that their skeptical leaders can witness our genius in battle.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13828 on: August 11, 2018, 08:52:16 am »

We can't afford to look weak and let Gubta screw OUR bitch, but let us not rush into things. Let's write a letter and give them a warning...
and what if the republic invades and forms a practically impossible to defeat alliancepolitical block with Gupta? We need strong allies.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 09:32:12 am by Basil ii »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13829 on: August 11, 2018, 08:58:38 am »

AAA Parsia is ours and everyone knows it so Sim should have known we'd get involved. Also let's hold off getting Cydwyl involved unless we really need their support or we need their help for defense purposes after the war when we might be a bit weaker militarily. It's obvious that people have forgot the might and honor of the Methiantese army and that can not stand! If there was ever a ruler to be a aggressive warlord with it's Yoe IV with his martial genius!
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 ... 920 921 [922] 923 924 ... 1087