Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Things have not gone well  (Read 8352 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Things have not gone well
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2017, 12:54:14 pm »

((Soooorry!))

Bark a lot. Make quite a bit of noise, then book it after the pup (PaPaj)
Run's into the alleyway

((i have an idea,a risky one but its a one))

Puppy runs as fast as his unsteady legs lets him, occasionally stumbling along. Meanwhile the adult one stays behind barking loudly at the punks and sprinting away before they reach her. She grabs the puppy by neck when she catches up with it and picks up speed.

"Fucking loud shit!" One of them declares. All three of them run after the confused body snatchers. Clearly they have no intentions to let them go.

Unfortunately the alley appears to be another dead end. The dog drops puppy next a large trashbin, and he crawls under it before punks can see it. Meanwhile she runs deeper in and turns around, unintentionally growling a bit. This is it. Flight is no longer an option. Time to fight.

Two punks approach her while third one stays slightly behind. They charge in, blades swinging dangerously close her nose as the bitch jumps aside. Third one joins in the fray and together they pressure her into corner. Baring her teeths she lunges at the tallest one's throat, but he drunkenly sways aside just in time to dodge. Her landing could be better, but she doesn't let it bother her. Instead she lunges in again, this time attempting to tear tendons in ankles, but once again they manage drunkely avoid and actually cut deep gash into her shoulder. She pays attention to the wound just long enough to notice it isn't healing. At least not as noticeably fast as when she took over this one.

Punks get a little too excited for their successful attack, laughing how they are going to skin her alive, too careless, which gives the dog window of opportunity she needs. She charges in making it look like she would jump at their throats again, but instead slips between their legs, biting and tearing tendons off. The punk falls screaming and swearing and other two just freeze. The bitch bites her teeths deep into exposed throat of the fallen punk and shakes him around hard, tearing important arteries open and snapping his neck.

She backs away from them and the puppy in hiding, fresh red blood dripping from her growling mouth and wounded shoulder. She fakes limp as she backs away deeper into the alley, inviting them to follow. And they do, very angrily! Fortunately this situation leaves both the new corpse and hiding puppy behind them.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2017, 01:04:59 pm »

Jumps into the newly dead body
Oh boy lets just hope this works out
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2017, 01:30:36 pm »

Am I rested yet? If so, lets go find the other two.
Otherwise, I'll keep resting.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2017, 03:07:31 pm »

Follow Glass monkey monster.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2017, 02:08:35 pm »

Jumps into the newly dead body
Oh boy lets just hope this works out

Leaving the puppy behind you jump the distance of five meters into the fresh corpse. It's neck snaps back in place, tendons heal and torn throat knits itself back together as your after-possession-regeneration kicks in. You quietly stand up and pick the knife your new host dropped before. It's nice to have a proper host. Really nice. For some reason it feels like you are home at last.

But first things first, there's a battle to participate in!

The two remaining humans don't even notice when you step in and stab one of them into back, pushing the blade as deep as it goes, straight into his heart. The other one realizes something is wrong when his companion gurgles in middle of searing and turns to see what's wrong. You give him a gleaming smile pulling your blade out and letting the punk fall on ground dead. This gives opportunity for the dog to attack in turn. With tables turned you soon have another corpse in your feets, this one with bad looking lacerations on his neck and couple new stabbing wounds.

Looks like most immediate problem of getting better hosts is mostly solved. Only mostly because you would need to find fourth host so everyone would have human body.

Follow Glass monkey monster.
Am I rested yet? If so, lets go find the other two.
Otherwise, I'll keep resting.

The little hairy man turns on his stomach and slowly pushes himself up. And whoah, he really don't feel like running anywhere. The puppy takes lead of backtracking and finding the other two, and the monkeyish one follows as fast as his tired legs can push him, which is not very fast at all. It doesn't take long before the puppy catches familiar whiff of dogs and humans. You trace it until you head sounds of humans swearing death threats and then it quickly gets quiet. You reach mouth of the dead end alley just in time to see end of the combat.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2017, 02:15:37 pm »

Looks like our deal is done Mr. Ugly

Take over one of human bodies.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2017, 02:29:34 pm »

It fells nice to be back...well maybe it isnt my body,but i won't be to picky
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2017, 02:41:18 pm »

Take over the more physically fit seeming of the two dead bodies.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2017, 03:42:00 pm »

*Deep breathing*
Good to see you mates are alright.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2017, 12:28:21 pm »

The one still possessing a puppy leaps from it into closest human corpse, leaving the puppy turning into dust. Stab wound on his back heals in a mere moment and he stands up, flexing his new arms. Fine motor control is perfect, everything moves as expected. Better. Right. He nods and feels the beard on his new face. It reminds him of that one movie superhero. Who was it again? The guy in big metal suit? Or was he wearing a cape? Though you don't feel this face can pull it off as well.

The one who did most of the job in securing these new hosts leaves the wounded dog and takes on the only remaining body. Not as buff as he would like it to be, but it has to do for now. Maybe later he can secure better body. As he stands up he feels not only like he's right where he belongs, but also a little bit stronger. Not physically stronger or in any measurable manner, but slightly more like himself. More what he's supposed to be. It's... kind of unexplainable feeling. Stronger, but not really.

Either way, most pressing problem is now handled. All four have a body that's considerably stronger than a puppy and can actually communicate with other living beings with words. That's quite important bit, communication. New hosts probably come with their own problems, but you have no way of knowing those. It would be better to select and prepare new host carefully so you could easily take over without raising any suspicions, but this time it cannot be avoided. You probably should avoid people in this area for now.

There's one problem left to solve: your past. And your future, cant' forget that. It's at least equally important, if not even more.
Old sigs.
Games.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2017, 01:48:58 pm »

So.
We should probably get the hell out of dodge.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2017, 02:15:32 pm »

True that

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2017, 02:34:45 pm »

Do that.
Stealthily.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2017, 03:18:20 pm »

Follow, checking my pockets.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2017, 01:18:33 pm »

Follow, checking my pockets.

All you have in your pockets is a small sealable plastic bag with 3 round blue pillers. They have smiley face engraved on one side, but are otherwise unmarked.

The group of confused body snatchers decide to leg it, just in case. The best way of hiding is to hide in plain sight, and that's basically a must–have skill for all body snatchers, skinwalkers and shapeshifters: if you can't act like you belong people will start paying attention, and then soon heads start rolling. And if one doesn't learn that early, they won't survive long. This group however knows this and act their part while they wander dark streets towards less active parts of the city. The one possessing the hairy monkey thing has a bit more troubles with that, but he learns to use his host's SEP field ability effectively enough to avoid being noticed. Otherwise it would be hard to explain not only his appearance, but the bloody rags he's wearing as well. Not that the rest don't have blood on their clothes either...

After walking hearly a hour they come across unlocked warehouse. It got number of old graffitis painted on, but otherwise it seems fairly unused. Not the best hiding place one could hope for, but it will do for now. If nothing else, it gives them necessary privacy to decide what to do in immediate future. And an opporunity to decide their names, assuming they can't remember what it used to be before.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7