Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33

Author Topic: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2)  (Read 55514 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 1)
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2017, 12:54:12 pm »

wait for them to catch up.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2017, 08:27:38 pm »

-_-

Is there any potential cover that we can see?

[Intelligence: 5]

If you were to get down on your belly and crawl around, you could probably use some of the rocks as cover.

Ignore the symbiotes, put on my suit and step out, cane in hand. Look around and use my prodigious insight: Is there anything around here that looks terribly dangerous.

[Insight: 7+1]

You don't like the look of the ground Doc, Vladimir, and Juniper are on. It looks like it's... throbbing. Up ahead of them, you see some lumps on the ground that you also feel very uneasy about.

Confirming your suspicions, you see some shapes attack a couple of your teammates who ventured out past the rocks.

Continue moving along behind the others. Be wary of threats.

You move out behind August and Juniper, who have started walking towards your objective.

[Insight: 3-2]
[Endurance: 7]

You hear a slight popping noise. Huh, you think, as something slams into your side, knocking you prone! Fortunately, nothing feels broken, but with whatever... thing just hit you might be changing that very quickly.

Okay. Walk out in the general direction of our objective.

[Insight: 5-2]
[Endurance: 3]

Before you can even react, a dark shape bursts out from the ground straight into your face! With enough force to knock you off balance, you see a thick, meaty shape, all organs and teeth scratching at your helmet. And even more disconcertingly, you see a big, thick crack in your helmet. Oh dear.

Follow the others.

[Insight: 10-2]
[Dexterity: 8-2]

Sensing some movement on the ground, you narrowly dodge away from a shape springing up out of the ground straight for you! You whip your head around to see what charged at you: a pulsating, wet mess of tissue and muscle, throbbing on the strangely meaty ground. This is the fuel of nightmares right here.

wait for them to catch up.

You wait for INVICTUS to catch up, while you see two of your compatriots suddenly fall on the ground, and a third narrowly dodging some sort of shape. Oh my.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2017, 08:33:47 pm »

Yeah, no. I'm not crawling on that ground. In fact...
Get to more solid ground (avoid meaty-looking stuff) and fire on the thing attacking Rauth.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2017, 08:39:22 pm »

Ask pAI what the hell the creature is. Without waiting for an answer, plant my hands firmly on its back and release a shock.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2017, 08:52:16 pm »

sprint-tackle the closest of the three creatures and slice them up with my vibrio-knife!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2017, 09:35:03 pm »

Fire the laser pistol at the thing attacking me.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2017, 08:55:25 am »

"Aah! Bloody heck!"

Stand up. Knife. Shank it. Shank it dead! Dead!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2017, 09:31:26 am »

Yeah, no. I'm not crawling on that ground. In fact...
Get to more solid ground (avoid meaty-looking stuff) and fire on the thing attacking Rauth.

You scramble back towards the ship, before taking aim with your sniper rifle at the meaty thing attacking August.

[Conventional Weapons: 8+1]

Boom. Headshot.

[-2s Ammo]

Ask pAI what the hell the creature is. Without waiting for an answer, plant my hands firmly on its back and release a shock.

As the pAI begins processing your request, you turn your palms onto the beastie.

[Alien Weapons: 10+1]
[? Dexterity: 2+?]

Fortunately, it appears that the hands of your T.A. suit conduct electricity quite well. Cackling madly, you begin to pump an ungodly amount of electricity into the meat-thing. It screams, then blackens, that begins to crumble away into nothingness, disintegrating from the pure raw power you pump into it!

Then you feel an odd twinge in your gut, around where the doctors put the symbiote in.

[Endurance: 5-2]

A jolt of electricity shoots up your spine, as your entire body stiffens up and crashes to the ground!

[Endurance: 9-2]

You don't feel anything broken, but with a horrible realization you find you cannot feel your legs!

*beep boop collected intel suggests it is some of the local wildlife, severely mutated to the point of near-unrecognizability*

sprint-tackle the closest of the three creatures and slice them up with my vibrio-knife!

Well, the creatures around Juniper and August seem to be being taken care of, so you charge for the one going for Darwin. Also, Darwin appears to have stabbed himself, so it would probably be a good idea to help him out.

[Unconventional Weapons: 10]

You charge forward, hacking away at the beast! Blood spurts out all over the ground as you stab away. But when you go in for one final blow, you lose your balance and stab Darwin in his good leg! Oh dear. Looking up at you in shock, he promptly passes out.

Fire the laser pistol at the thing attacking me.

You wildly grab for your pistol, taking aim at the creature when it suddenly explodes into a fine red mist! Gross.

"Aah! Bloody heck!"

Stand up. Knife. Shank it. Shank it dead! Dead!

[Unconventional Weapons: 1-2]

You raise your knife high, but when you move in for the kill you miss completely, swinging around wildly and accidentally stabbing yourself in the leg! Fortunately, Doc is charging up to help. He hacks away at the monster, but in his wild fervor he stabs you in the other leg!

[Endurance: 1]

You pass out from the pain!
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2017, 09:36:35 am »

(Well this seems oddly familiar)

Drag Juniper back towards the ship.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2017, 11:15:33 am »

Eliminate any remaining hostiles, then return to the ship.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2017, 11:39:00 am »

Juniper panickedly demands pAI to tell her what happened to her body.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2017, 02:24:12 pm »

(Well this seems oddly familiar)

Drag Juniper back towards the ship.

[Strength: 7-2]

You heave Juniper halfway back towards the ship. How is this girl so heavy?

Eliminate any remaining hostiles, then return to the ship.

Not seeing any more hostile entities, you return to the ship.

Juniper panickedly demands pAI to tell her what happened to her body.

As August starts dragging you back to the shuttle, you babble at the pAI for help.

*beep boop it appears your lower half has been paralyzed. Please consult a medical expert for additional help.*

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2017, 02:29:03 pm »

"I need help! Which one of you is the medic?!"

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2017, 02:59:33 pm »

"I need help! Which one of you is the medic?!"
"Don't look at me, i'm a mechanic!"
drag the guy I just stabbed accidentally back to the ship. Apply pressure to the wounds to slow the bleeding when I get him to safety.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2017, 03:16:47 pm »

"Well, I'm not exactly sure what I could do either. Let's patch our friends up and figure out an actual strategy in the ship, got it everyone?"

Get Juniper into the ship.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33