Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33

Author Topic: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2)  (Read 55511 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 1)
« Reply #150 on: July 27, 2017, 06:49:09 pm »

Stop moving. Hope nothing horrible happens.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #151 on: July 27, 2017, 07:53:39 pm »

Fine. Form the cane into a platform with legs, like a chair but one that can walk. Ride after my disposable teammates. Try not to touch the ground and utilize my metal to protect myself. Prioritize self protection rather than violence. 

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 28, 2017, 01:39:34 pm »

...keep advancing. Very, very carefully.

You slow your gait to a shuffle, and go on high alert for any change. The rumbling grows louder and louder, until the ground beneath you starts to tremble and quake in massive subterranean tremors! This could be very, very bad.

Go on overwatch, stop moving.

Shortly after you stop moving, the rumbling growling noise grows louder and louder, as the ground quakes extremely violently!

Dig a little bit of the ground away. Investigate the layer below the immediate surface. Is it normal, or "corrupted"?

As the ground begins quaking, you bend down and start digging down to see the earth below the fleshy ground. You notice as you dig deeper, the fleshy texture of the ground only seems to grow. In fact, once you get a fist's length deep into the ground, it appears to start bleeding at the bottom. Gross.

Anyway, the rumbling of the ground causes you to have to stop digging due to the violent tremors.

pick up the drone, then double time! This mission needs to be over with fast or we're all gonna die!

You pick up the drone pieces, and then start sprinting for the white shape in the distance! You notice as you get farther away that the shaking earth seems to lessen the farther away you get from the group.

Fine. Form the cane into a platform with legs, like a chair but one that can walk. Ride after my disposable teammates. Try not to touch the ground and utilize my metal to protect myself. Prioritize self protection rather than violence. 

Your cane shifts as it transforms into a chair-like shape with legs around 3 feet tall, and a handle so that you can maintain contact with it. As you lift up into the air, you will the chair to skitter forward, the legs moving up and down as if they were legs. While this is certainly useful, you will have to maintain full concentration on the chair to make it continue moving the way it does now.

Thanks to the chair's long legs, you manage to skitter all the way to the huddled group, where you notice the shaking, trembling meat-ground which quivers as the reverberations of earth grow in strength.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 28, 2017, 01:41:40 pm »

faster! Faster! We got to get out of here asap!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 28, 2017, 01:43:35 pm »

Run towards the building

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 28, 2017, 01:46:26 pm »

Um. Sure.
Try to get to the building quickly without neglecting my ability to know what's around me. That is, don't just ignore my surroundings, and be cognizant of if any enemies arrive.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 28, 2017, 06:11:26 pm »

Right, get to the building.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2017, 07:04:05 pm »

Dismount chair, turn metal into a sort of cloak that covers my head, neck, chest, shoulders and back. Get into the building and carefully look around.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2017, 12:33:17 am »

Just run after the others. Not a hard call.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2017, 10:21:50 am »

faster! Faster! We got to get out of here asap!
Run towards the building
Right, get to the building.
Just run after the others. Not a hard call.

The lot of you make a mad dash for the white building, as a massive shape erupts from the ground behind you! You all can make out a looming shape of teeth, flesh, and gristle before you manage to enter an open door and dash inside.

However, once you are inside you realize that this... is definitely not a building. For one, the walls are far too bulbous and transparent. Two, there don't appear to be any rooms, simply this one long pathway heading deeper into the structure. Three, if you look closely at the walls you swear that it looks like they are filled with water, or some other liquid-like substance.

Weird.

Anyway, there are only two directions to go: back out towards the beast you just saw, or deeper into this strange structure.

Um. Sure.
Try to get to the building quickly without neglecting my ability to know what's around me. That is, don't just ignore my surroundings, and be cognizant of if any enemies arrive.

As you follow the group, you take a quick glance over your shoulder to see whatever the hell just burst out of the ground.

[Intelligence: 9]

Holy crap, that thing is terrifying. And huge.

Yeah, you feel that running inside is a pretty damn good idea. You dash inside of the structure to meet up with the rest of the group.

Dismount chair, turn metal into a sort of cloak that covers my head, neck, chest, shoulders and back. Get into the building and carefully look around.

You dismount your chair and will the metal to form a protective cloak around your entire body, and dash inside the "building" with the rest of the group as the terrible beast bursts from beneath the ground.

[Insight: 6+2]

As you look at the walls of the strange tunnel you are in, you quickly realize that this is not any sort of man-made structure at all. In fact, it rather reminds you of a blister, or an engorged pimple grown to massive size.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 29, 2017, 10:34:55 am »

or an engorged pimple grown to massive size.
You suck, you know that, right?

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 29, 2017, 10:42:02 am »

or an engorged pimple grown to massive size.
You suck, you know that, right?
In my defense, I planned it to be like this before you mentioned the whole pimple thing.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 29, 2017, 11:00:40 am »

Let's just go forward then.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 29, 2017, 11:01:37 am »

*Groans*
Fine.
Forward. It's the direction I'm going. Keep watch.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 29, 2017, 11:35:06 am »

Building, now.
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33