Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we leave planet Earth

No it is really <comfy> here :^)
Sorry what was the question?
The galaxy is a hoax, nothing exists outside of planet earth.
Why don't scientists do something useful like fix the economy instead?
We don't need to go to vacuum in space, we have vacuums here.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30

Author Topic: Stellaris: Never leave Earth  (Read 83150 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Never leave Earth
« Reply #375 on: December 23, 2017, 06:46:08 pm »

Personally I'm more interested in the NIF than the CEU. We could be watchful guardians from atop mount olympus, with our superior technology standing by to defend the galaxy. Or perhaps assert control if things start to get too unutopian for us. :P
Basically what I'm saying is we could be a fallen empire.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #376 on: December 23, 2017, 06:53:44 pm »

Personally I'm more interested in the NIF than the CEU. We could be watchful guardians from atop mount olympus, with our superior technology standing by to defend the galaxy. Or perhaps assert control if things start to get too unutopian for us. :P
Basically what I'm saying is we could be a fallen empire.
I didn't want to use the term fallen empire, because we are several leagues ahead of a fallen Empire - but I think it's accurate to say we are the precursor civilization to the next galactic cycle, and maybe many thousands of milennia later the descendants will have forgotten much of their technology and so become a fallen Empire. But yeah it checks out. Our weapons, our industry, our leisure and our careful observation and protection of the galaxy - we are becoming the Enigmatic Observer of the galaxy

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 23, 2017, 08:24:36 pm »

The only other question then, is would Mira Petrenko take control if it was offered?

I think not. If she desired power, she could take it effortlessly, but doing so would be antithetical to the ideals and principles she has spent several lifetimes defending. I see only two outcomes of Mira declaring herself God Empress. Either she will assert her will over the entire galaxy, or she will allow the political fringes to gradually diverge until the threat they pose to galactic unity becomes too great and they must be violently brought back into the fold. The former option leads only to homogeneity and stagnation, and I imagine that she, a living weapon honed by centuries of struggle, would find absolute control pretty boring in the long run. The latter turns her rule into a sick game, only maintaining the facade of innovation through the needless sacrifice of billions.

No, the time for super-humans is at an end. We did not resurrect all the diverse species and old empires only to inflict an irreproachable demigoddess upon them and ourselves. The galaxy must be free to develop and change based on the wills of all its denizens, not the whims of a single being. Yes, Olympia already wields tremendous power over the other states, but as long as that power is tempered by democracy and human mortality there will be hope for a different, perhaps better future.

As for Mira Petrenko, there is no place for her in this new age. She is a soldier without a war. She has spent her entire extended adult life in a seemingly hopeless battle for survival. She has become the most powerful and terrible being in the known universe. What further purpose can she find in a time of peace and unity? What possible role would she not be wasted in? Perhaps it is time for her to look beyond this galaxy. The Prethoryn may have spread to other galaxies besides the Milky Way, and there are sure to be similar threats to the cosmic balance lurking in the void. This is the only future I can see for Mira Petrenko. An avenging avatar of humanity, protecting those who cannot protect themselves. A horror unleashed upon those who would destroy the delicate uniquities of this Universe. A Hunter.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 23, 2017, 10:48:37 pm »

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 24, 2017, 08:18:41 am »

What will be, was.

Hak hak hak, alien scum!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 24, 2017, 10:53:34 am »

*slow clap that transitions into a standing ovation*

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 24, 2017, 06:07:22 pm »

A Hunter.

WHAT WAS WILL BE

That's the true nature of the Prethoryn. They travel from galaxy to galaxy, galvanizing societies against themselves. They pose a threat so formidable, so alien, that even the most divided peoples unite to fight them, and have no choice but to settle their petty differences. And after the galaxy behind them has developed into a totally united, technologically based utopia - they go off to the next one.

The second invasion was just an inspection fleet, sent to make sure we had joined all civilizations into one peaceful state.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 25, 2017, 07:21:29 am »

I vote Mira Petrenko for God Empress to protect the galaxy from whoever the Prethoryn were fleeing from, however long it takes them to arrive. (Too bad they're not actually in the game)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 29, 2017, 05:05:04 pm »

So, now that we no longer desperately need the Influence given by the Spiritualist faction...

When are we going to give full rights to AI?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 29, 2017, 09:50:50 pm »

So, now that we no longer desperately need the Influence given by the Spiritualist faction...

When are we going to give full rights to AI?

HERESY!!! *blam*

Why are you opening this can of worms? I'm actually for machine rights and intelligence, but it didn't go well last time, so...
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #385 on: January 05, 2018, 08:09:28 pm »

2944:03:27: Admiral Mira Petrenko liquidates nearly all of her assets to accrue the funds needed to build a new UNO Armada, one made up of 1 of every modernized ship design available to the United Nations of Olympia's arsenal. Some like the Agincourt battleship had seen some modernization and advancement in design, allowing for twice as many super-heavy weapons to be loaded out. Others like the Malaria class supercarrier were entirely new designs, while ships like the Flagship Knox Miroslav were theoretically possible but had never been constructed by any civilization before.

President Heidi Wright, President of the Alien Reform Organization, elected President of the United Nations of Olympia and Vice President of the Union of United Nations feared only one person in this world. It was the Admiral behind the door she approached, the door opening before she even reached it.
'I knew you would be coming,' Mira said, speaking directly to her own mind. Heidi made sure not to think any fearful or improper thoughts. As far as any Olympian scientists could tell, Mira was the most powerful individual psionic ever recorded in history, and Wright wanted no embarrassments to be thought in front of so venerable an Earthling hero.
'Think to me, what is on your mind young one?' Mira said.
Heidi was 279 years old. It was funny for anyone to call her young.
'Everyone is young to me. When you are older than all of the surviving civilizations in the galaxy everyone is young to you.'
I must be frank, I am not here to discuss the pleasantries of passing time. I probably have another 30 to 50 years left to live, and when Hanisi, Chan and I are gone, I worry disaster will befall our democratic state. The disaster will be you. I want you to promise that you will never turn your back on all life, that you will never give up protecting and nurturing all the life of the galaxy, you will be the guardian for all we have fought alongside and against whatever happens to our state.
Mira calmed Heidi's mind, and thought to her this will always be done. She did not save as many friends and foes as possible from the prethoryn just to see them undone by the strife that arises in the course of eternity. Satisfied, Mira bid Heidi to leave.

Science Director-General Chan Mao, representing the Citizens for Freedom Foundation, was the next to enter.
You are unilaterally building a private armada? This is highly illegal! Chan's thinking was erratic, loud & unfocused.
'Do not fret. The armada is being built with my funds, and upon completion of a round-the-world tour, I shall turn over our ships to the Union of United Nations.'
Do you still support the UN mission? Chan thought, probing Mira's psychic aura for any emotional information she could use to determine the truth.
'I have never abandoned this ethos from the start. How can you question me? I have been elected President more times than any of you and have always served all of our galaxy's peoples, never with a thought for taking power myself. I understand you fear me running for campaign, but I will only serve as I am needed.'
Despite feeling that Mira was sincere, Chan Mao was still not satisfied.
'If you still support the UN mission, never run for Presidency of the UNO ever again, never run for Presidency of the UUN.'
Mira Petrenko felt the emanations of the shroud speak with a little ire. She thought to Chan Mao: I am more dedicated to the mission than you could ever know. I have seen centuries of despair, whole worlds consumed by the scourge, burned to glass by my ships, seen all of my friends give their lives on my orders to save the UN mission. I saw the galaxy grow dark, and for a while, only I was the light. I passed that torch, the flame of Olympia, when Earth fell. I am not the petty despot you fear I am.
Dissatisfied, Chan Mao nevertheless left.

Governor Hanisi Tshonyane and Vice-Director Antonietta Giordano were the next to arrive, representing the Internal Growth Association & the Non-Interventionist Forum. Both only wanted the assurance that Admiral Mira Petrenko would wage no wars and maintain peace; satisfied that Mira was not waging war on the technosphere or the Adnori, they left.

Chief Science Officer Marcia Longfield arrived next, representing the Citizen Elite Union.
Mira Petrenko expected Marcia Longfield to supplicate before her, pleading her to seize control of the UN headquarters and so establish herself as the immortal Empress of Olympia until the end of eternity. Surprisingly, she did not.
'Why are you here? If not to plot abominable murder? Get out before I make all of your followers believe they are fanatic egalitarians.' Mira asked.
'Delightful! But you misunderstand.' Thoughts: Confusion?
Marcia projected an image: It was her.
Admiral Mira Petrenko, Admiral of the United Nations of Earth, President of the United Nations of Earth, Grand Admiral of the Bright Entente, President of the United Nations of Olympia, Admiral of the United Nations of Olympia, Grand Admiral of the Union of United Nations, Mother of the Church of Spiritual Philosophy, the Immortal general, beloved war hero and the Chosen One of the shroud, the great negotiator between the material and psionic planes, the Admiral who spoke to the gods and rejected their demands.
Marcia thought: You do not need to seize power, Admiral Petrenko. You already have it all. What use are the elections when no one can argue against you? Your will forces all to obey the UN mission, makes them willfully obey the tenets of freedom. I am here to propose a closer alliance between our factions, but is that really necessary? A thousand years from now, you will still be here, you will still be running our government. You cannot be anything but our leader, and the galaxy will prosper because of you. Marcia Longfield took her leave, replaced by Himari Amano.

All of them do not see the true threat, Himani Amano thought. We have served the galaxy so faithfully and it is about time we serve humanity.
Mira interjected: To serve the health of the whole galaxy is to serve humanity. I hope you can see that.
Amano retorted: What of the humans who have been nerve stapled? This is a clear violation of the UN charter on human rights. Aliens have turned millions of humans into obedient drones, some even into living cattle! Will we stand by idly while supporting a contemptible federation, using our funds and our technology to build an army that will undo us?
Mira responded: Your points are not invalid, your methods are. If I cannot convince you to tolerate the Kraxroz and their more unpalatable habits, then I shall simply have you ponder on how we are supposed to end atrocities upon human populations through your methods - supremacy will not help humanity. Now go.

Fabiana Diaz arrived next, to Mira's surprise. She was an Admiral, and a faithful follower & student of hers.
I won't turn the UN into a theocracy, if that's what you want, Mira thought jokingly.
Why not? Fabiana replied.
Answering everyone's prayers would leave me with no spare time, Mira thought. More seriously she pondered... I would be able to steer the UN of Olympia away from the false whisperings in the shroud. I don't think I am ready to be a god though, I should quite like to die one day.
'I don't understand?' Fabiana was confused. 'Why would an immortal want to die?'
Mira thought back: Why would an immortal want to live? Nobody wants to die, but few seriously have to think about living forever.
I was born in a time where the Earthlings achieved Utopia, and the galaxy was getting better. I was born in a time where people stopped talking, but started thinking. One whole planet and I was born into it, a psionic child in a psionic world, can you imagine babies used to be born without mental links to their parents? And yet, the old humans still had some sort of link between parent and babe. I wanted to be an Olympian - you see, back then, we had Olympic games, and the winners were called Olympians. It's a funny coincidence, but I stopped believing in coincidences centuries ago. I certainly stopped believing in them when I heard the shroud. I was a good swimmer you see? Very good at it. When the Prethoryn invaded Earth I was 26, and I was a great swimmer. My family were not so good, but have you ever seen a prethoryn swim? It doesn't take them too long to learn, you see. I lost my family then. Some may have survived, but after this many centuries... We had no idea where all of our defence forces had gone, all of our generals were gone. The world went dark, the prethoryn were everywhere, you'd spend nights just hoping they'd miss your shelter and find someone else instead. A lot of people gave up then, but I didn't. Our armies and generals returned to counter-attack, and the government announced everyone would be leaving right? A lot of people do their best to help evacuate, a lot choose to remain put, fortifying Earth - they knew they couldn't stop the prethoryn, they were ready to go with Earth. I joined the Navy, I got promoted to Admiral by the age of 35, they liked my ability to organize long-range logistics, repair and resupply away from spaceports. Which was great, because often our spaceport was destroyed by the prethoryn. When I was 37 the President asked me if I was ready to make the ultimate sacrifice. A tiny, superdense concentration of psychic energy had been found, and I was the human most likely to survive its absorption without mutating into a ball of malevolent plasma. I became the Chosen One.
I saw Earth burn, and everyone I know die, I saw it twice. Once in the shroud, another over the skies of Earth, I was immured within the Avatar of the shroud - a ball of baleful psychic energy, and even I could not overcome the prethoryn. I was 77 years old when I first elected President, and did my best to make Olympia work. I rebuilt the United Nations from scratch! Not bad, but definitely not where I thought I'd be when I was a child, on the other end of the galaxy rebuilding the world.

I could do it. I could be this world's god, protector and guide. Do you want to know something classified? My science division did some research, and they confirmed my worst fears. Every time I have been elected, support for the Freedom and Xenoist factions increases dramatically! Why? My talents are mostly for war, I am not actually that charismatic of a speaker. Yet the effect I have is reliable and observable, so much so, that my science division made a breakthrough in applied psionic theory and found the effect of my ambient psionic power over everyone's free will is 60% as powerful as an orbital mind-control laser. And you know what? An orbital mind-control laser can only affect one planet. My power knows no such limits.
I have built the perfect Utopia in the stars and no soul can refuse me, no soul can be unhappy in my world.
The people of this universe are making me their god and I cannot stop them. I'd be better than one of the gods from the shroud fucking everything up, but that doesn't make deciding any less difficult. And I don't think any of this is a coincidence. I have survived too many coincidences, too many close calls, I have seen that fate exists. Just think that for a moment, every species alive today owes its survival to me. What are the chances that something, or someone meant for me to find that psychic energy? What if there is someone trying to use me to control the cosmos?
'You should kill them,' Fabiana thought.
Perhaps, Mira concurred, perhaps she should find them and ask some questions, and kill them if needs be.
Questions, questions, Mira was often questioning
To be or not to be, what was will be...?

Spoiler: 2945:09:25 (click to show/hide)
Admiral Mira Petrenko's armada was assembled in a year. Ships believed to be theoretical in construction were manifested in reality, brimming with superheavy kinetic ordnance, arc-emitters, graviton lances, ultra-cannons, prethoryn strike craft, plasma weapons, missiles, photon torpedoes and gauss weapons.

Spoiler: 2946:05:10 (click to show/hide)
After commissioning a few more Agincourt battleships out of nostalgic fondness for the workhorse of the Peacekeeping fleet, Admiral Mira Petrenko set forth her fleet for a round-the-galaxy tour of every Capital world, celebrating the era of cosmic utopia!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #386 on: January 06, 2018, 09:31:24 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Admiral Mira Petrenko set forth with 407k worth of fleetpower; respectable, but not domineering, a showcase of Olympian advancements in engineering & psionics. Their crystal-plated hulls, engineering crews and optimized psionic shields made them so durable, it was speculated they could endure even the most concentrated barrages of lance fire, kinetic artillery or shroud energies. But there was no war or crisis to end, and there was something altogether pleasing in having these large engineering marvels peacefully sail between the stars. War is a memory of the past, the five Federations are united in cause, spirit and people.

The Olympian Admiralty and its attached cadres of dignitaries, citizens & officers were entertained nobly whichever capital they arrived at, inspecting the efforts of the successor states of the galaxy to make their own Utopias in the stars. The Xeltek seen here were one of the first state capitals to be visited on the galactic tour; they were praised for their engineering innovations, being one of the few successor states to construct their own advanced prototypes, instead of utilizing old prethoryn-campaign era designs... Mostly anyways. Most of all though, they were like most other states, praised for their civil engineering projects, so many orbital habitats popping up throughout the galaxy to vastly expand the interior living space of the world.

A visit to planets like the Lagin'Chuuz controlled Republic of Bucktryx Tymcrix revealed a story common to many planets: Slight annoyance at unusual and unpleasant weather owing to ongoing terraforming. It seems that given the choice between living in the native climate of their ancestors, or living in the climate of a gaia world - every state has unanimously embarked upon the path of universal gaia climates for every planet. Also of note, the Cybernetic-Psions of the Republic of Bucktryx Tymcrix are attracted to both materialism and spiritualism, a most interesting synthesis!

In the United Nations of Neuva Sonora, a habitat orbiting a molten giant held within its walls millions of Mandasura, Humans and Adnori, living together in friendship and industry. Its two armadas greeted the Olympian armada, showing off their multilateral ties, traditions and bants. The United Nations of Nueva Sonora had begun there as a small prethoryn outpost, intended to stop the scourge from reestablishing itself in the void; Nueva Sonora was subsequently used to relocate all the rescued refugee pops planetside, where they could begin preparing the recolonization mission to reclaim their worlds. Now Nueva Sonora was its own prosperous state, a union of so many peoples - fortunately, this is not remarkable, but typical of every state in the galaxy without exception.

Passing by the legacy Fortresses of the Solar system was a humbling experience, as many Olympians saw the ancestral homeland of humanity for the first time. Others saw home, and the fleet stopped for two weeks more, just to linger a little while in the spaceports of Earth and Mars, some even descending planetside to see how much had changed, and how little had changed. Admiral Petrenko considered never leaving Earth, but like an Olympian, had more of the galaxy to see.

Some states like the Mandasurans inherited fortress arrays from the prethoryn wars, and instead of dismantling them, kept them for their own use. As the Olympian fleet approached, the garrisons hailed a salutation at the fleet: Where centuries ago Mandasuran and Human had contested control for the void, now it was open to all: Pax Utopia.

Some like the Estwani, had prospered under the new incarnation of the galaxy more than they had before the wars! I suppose everyone having an equal start would do that for you.

The Adnoran Democratic Suns welcomed us with pomp and flair, Petrenko found it unthinkable that she would live to see the day where the Adnori were building orbital habitats for other aliens to live in. Yet sure enough, the Adnori welcomed all that day!

The Belmacosans, living on their ancestral homeworld for the first time in so long, were at peace with their ancient enemy. Adnori and Belmacosa alike lived upon the new habitats being built, one endless expanse from one end of the galaxy to the other, of habitats and gaia worlds suited for all living things. Trade, immigration, exchange and interaction between the galaxy's peoples is occurring on a scale like never before, the stability of Utopia is ironclad.

The Seban State was the first state after the UN of Olympia to begin constructing a Dyson Sphere. In fact, by the time the Olympian tour was completed, in total four states were building their own dyson spheres. This development causes some consternation amongst Olympian ranks, but otherwise is treated as a significant milestone in the development of the successor states.

The Presidency of the Union of United Nations was at the time of the tour held by the Caloctora Union. As the largest federation in the galaxy, the UUN also boasted the largest multilateral peacekeeping force, the bane to prethoryn and pirates anywhere. Its fleet strength was 2.5M and rising, being the most powerful fleet ever recorded, even more powerful than the entire prethoryn scourge at the peak of its power.

The Peacekeeping fleet at last returned to Olympia, inspecting its defences. Instead of relying on St. Vincent and Acheron class legacy Fortresses, wherever resources permitted it, the legacy Fortresses were replaced with state of the art citadels, and in the heart of the Elthior configuration, a single, vast headquarters, brimming with superheavy weapons, strike craft and support systems.

A galactic tour had never been done before, yet its purpose had been proven true: Utopia is the galaxy. Every state has opened its borders with every state, every people is free to be wherever they want and do whatever they wish, and even where they have the freedom to rebel or dissent, they do so in the hyperspace forums and not on the battlefield. All of the states are united in external defence within the federations, and all the federations united in defence against whatever may lurk without the galaxy. It took 3 years and 7 months for the Olympian fleet to travel to every single capital in the galaxy, with every star system connected to one another by the power of psi-jump engines.

Such power did not go unnoticed, and it wouldn't be long before a galactic power surge announced the Hunter's call.

While scientists worked to pinpoint their exact arrival location, the sentry array had already located them. At once the Olympian fleet was dispatched to investigate; President Wright urged Mira Petrenko to allow the Vailons to deal with it, as they were easily well-equipped to deal with this anomaly. Mira Petrenko voiced her concerns that all the other states had admirals who had never seen a day of combat in their lives, it simply wouldn't do to stand by on the sidelines.

The Vailons were the first on the scene, revealing the presence of extradimensional invaders pouring through a rift in time & space. There really was no concern that the extradimensional invaders would win, they had bitten off more than they could chew. The Vailon admiral Elsa Dreyer, a human officer, though inexperienced simply had too many ships under her command to lose. Furthermore, with the arrival of 400k Olympian forces, 800k Xeltek forces and millions more from neighbouring states en route, even with advanced matter disintegrators the invaders could not win. The Unbidden had sent 400k of extradimensionals to be the vanguard, enough perhaps to deal with a younger galaxy, but not this one.

The Extradimensionals possessed some of the most advanced weaponry ever seen by the Olympian admiralty, and yet their matter disintegrators could not pierce the psionic shields of the Olympian fleet. In total the Olympians lost two ships: the corvette UNS Pata V, and the destroyer UNS Perth III. What this means is that it took the Unbidden the focused efforts of multiple fleets to destroy the two weakest ships in the Olympian arsenal. The flagship ignored the enemy, plowing towards the portal, disregarding the efforts of the hunter to stop it. Rows and rows of graviton lances, arc emitters and mega-cannon barrages completely destabilized the portal with rapidity, just as more reinforcements from the Xeltek arrived to bolster the Vailons.

Nearing her 6th century of life in this dimension, Admiral Mira Petrenko & her armada passed into another. Little is known about where her fleet went. We know that it is not the shroud but close to the shroud, thus we cannot be sure if the absence of psionic signatures in the shroud indicates the fleet was annihilated, or if the fleet successfully entered into this dimension beyond the shroud. In the following UN investigation into how an Admiral was allowed to pilot a fleet into another dimension, it was speculated that Mira Petrenko's specifications to have her fleet be self-sufficient indicated she intended to launch a campaign independent from planetary resupply indefinitely. Speculation abound suggested she had planned this in advance. The Church of Spiritual Philosophy maintains that Mira's fleet is teaching the Unbidden the merits of Utopia, and when she is done she shall find another dimension to teach. No one can prove if this is true, but what is known is that the Unbidden have yet to try another invasion. There is now nothing that can threaten Utopia in the known universe.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 06, 2018, 01:10:50 pm »

you had to go and leave the galaxy

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 06, 2018, 03:01:19 pm »

GOOD END!
>restart? Y N

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 06, 2018, 09:19:49 pm »

Good luck, Mira. You did significantly better than the next guy.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30