Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29

Author Topic: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread  (Read 48684 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread
« Reply #330 on: March 09, 2018, 11:37:06 am »

"Ryo, take down that worm 'demon' over there!" Nagisa said, pointing at the aforementioned creature. "I'll deal with the witch!"

(Just in case you missed it,)

Youka and Miya focus on the worms sprouting from the ground--the sound of firecrackers fills the air with a loud cacophony of pops.

(This also applies to the one that used to be in the target list. But you don't have to trust the npc's necessarily ;P)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 09, 2018, 08:01:14 pm »

"Ryo, take down that worm 'demon' over there!" Nagisa said, pointing at the aforementioned creature. "I'll deal with the witch!"

Lanfrank didnt want to let the witch leave but the last place he wanted to be was in between archers and their target. Turning to the giant worm he had never fought anything so large.

With a manic grin he charged, all the more glory for him. Use all my Pc on the charge and put all the force of my armor in the attack

« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 08:39:35 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 11, 2018, 06:24:18 pm »

I suppose allies are one benefit of fighting for you life. After all, a friend is a second self. As he moved towards the spectral line , his gladius burst furhter into flames and morphed into a flaming pilum

Back up towards the friendly line and throw a flaming pilum at the remaining pale figure
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 02:16:43 am by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 11, 2018, 07:52:02 pm »

I just read that my ward gives me an charging ability can I use all my pc to activate it and all the wards charge to get some bonus attack
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 11, 2018, 07:57:31 pm »

I just read that my ward gives me an charging ability can I use all my pc to activate it and all the wards charge to get some bonus attack

((It is a condition and an effect.
Rolling high on the initial ward creation makes it better. See: HighEndNoob's ward, generated by rolling all successes.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 08:00:11 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 11, 2018, 08:38:43 pm »

((It is a condition and an effect.
Rolling high on the initial ward creation makes it better. See: HighEndNoob's ward, generated by rolling all successes.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ok I'll edit my action
My Sig

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 06, 2018, 01:46:54 am »

Yikes, sorry for the wait.

I suppose allies are one benefit of fighting for you life. After all, a friend is a second self. As he moved twoards the spectral line , his gladius burst furhter into flames and morphed into a flaming pilum

Back up towards the friendly line and throw a flaming pilum at the remaining pale figure

With Mitsuru gone, you decide upon the present course of action and walk backwards while raising your arm above your shoulder. [3 Pc => 2  - 3 => 2 = 0 ❌dodged] The pilum you hurl, wreathed in flame, misses its mark as the hollow creature rolls out of the way.
The pilum remains where it stood, igniting an infernal blaze like a great glowing tree. An almost-Biblical display.

"Do not fire, I repeat! Do not fire!" you hear frantically shouted behind you.
"Stop! Do not fire!" Makoto jumps in front of his troops, whose guns are hardly trained on any enemy in particular but rather aimed in a general direction, a direction which includes you.

A burst of fire engulfs the both of you. The last thing you see is a swarm of... fireflies.

You draw back your arms, having instinctively covered your face as if it would do much. But surprisingly you are unharmed. Before you is a mutilated corpse with grey innards that look like plant roots. You notice that it's pointing away from you.

You seem to be in a different location, you realize as you clasp your hand around the blazing haft of your pilum, as it stands embedded crookedly in the ground. A cloud of smoke obscures the spot you once stood. Makoto, on the other hand, is found lying on the ground covered in grey pockmarks. He coughs up a puff of smoke, and stirs as if to show the faintest life signs.
The spider beings accosting Mitsuru were also hit by the crossfire. Their bodies can be found lying in the dirt a few meters away, quickly withering into... more fireflies?

Makiko will allow the fireflies to advance ahead ofher, and will prepare to deal with any spreading contamination. A spell of purification? Maybe some salt pixies? She will prepare a wind against any noxious attacks.

You fix your gaze upon the contamination spreading across the schoolyard. The forests are mutating into flesh-colored plants, while the ground is sprouting bulbs and spines and feral roots creeping up into all the equipment. Despite the fleshy nature of the infestation, at a glance it looks almost awe-inspiring, a prolific ecosystem brightly colored in hues of scarlet, orange, and goldenrod. They are releasing some sort of spores into the air, so you imagine a small wind circulating around yourself to scatter the gases. [4Df => 1]
With the wild plantlife rapidly threatening the school, you think of ways to eliminate it. [2Wt => 1✔️] These magical forms lack a sense of purity. You remember the tranquility of your long dream, the awe-inspiring yet reserved mysteries of the forest, and realize that if you were able to share some of that peace and tranquility with this new environment, it would probably stop growing.

But how?

You find yourself standing at a gate, and behind it is the great forest surrounded by a twilight mist. Two cloaked figures stand beside it, one of them garbed in snow white, the other in midnight black. Each extends a paw toward the handle of their respective side of the gate, but neither undoes the lock.
You look closer, and see that both are wearing identical masks. The shapes look like they would fit neatly into that half of a mask you found earlier, but they don't look like Nagisa's half at all.

When the Annihilator resembled itself into the weapon she wanted, Nagisa became very relieved. Turns out that focusing is the key here and Nagisa intends to make use of it. However, now isn't the time to celebrate: the witch is getting away and the surviving worm 'demon' is about to attack. Fortunately, she has just the weapon to deal with fleeing enemies.

Putting all of her Presence into her Repeater, Nagisa will attempt to turn the witch into a pincushion with guided arrows.

[3 => 2✔️] You pull the trigger. A bolt goes loose, and soon another bolt takes its place and the crossbow draws itself back, and with another trigger pull the second arrow is loosed. A third takes its place. Suddenly you have a lot of firepower at your disposal.
The witch, retreating in a straight line, has no opportunity to dodge the lightning-fast arrows. The first arrow seeks her ankle, causing her to miss a step and fall to the ground. The second arrow catches her mid-air, pinning her to the tree. The rest are history.

Apparently not dead yet, she conjures her flaming sword one last time and cuts her torso in half, releasing herself from the cluster of arrows embedded within the same spot. The two halves of the... creature... fall to the ground and reveal an interior made up entirely of plant roots.
A bed of garlic flowers unfurls from the corpse, as if the plant was somehow being contained against its will.

You look to Ryo and see that he has dealt swiftly with the remaining worms.

Lanfrank didnt want to let the witch leave but the last place he wanted to be was in between archers and their target. Turning to the giant worm he had never fought anything so large.

With a manic grin he charged, all the more glory for him. Use all my Pc on the charge and put all the force of my armor in the attack

[11 => 8 ⚡] The worm is sluggish as one would expect for a beast its size. You charge at it and place all your force behind one powerful slash, aimed between the segments of its stomach in order to sever the spine cleanly.
When you finally make collision, the sword passes through as if through brush, and looking back at the lopped-off head and stump you find that it was mostly hollow to begin with, built out of pink, stem-like tendrils connected with perfectly spherical globs of glue. Turns out with was firing its insides at the girls.
Speaking of which, the girl called Youka runs over, holding a bomb in her hand (the fuse is lit, but doesn't seem to shrink with time). Miya is still at the entrance, her loyal draconic skeleton helping her pick out the globs of glue from her school clothes.

"Well well," Shouts a voice from the rooftop. It is an old man wearing a Hawaiian shirt. He looks fairly human. "What have the lot of you done?" he asks in a calm, almost playful voice.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 08, 2018, 09:12:57 pm »

Roe takes the moment of peace in the fighting to adjust his his armor straps they were feeling louse after the charge (Ward against physical damage) glancing at the archer

"Do you know who the new arrival is and if he is here to help us?"

Look around for anymore demons as well as any other threats
My Sig

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 09, 2018, 06:56:03 am »

((It's been a month. Can I get a general recap?))

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 09, 2018, 09:02:39 am »

Spoiler: Nagisa's Arsenal (click to show/hide)

Nagisa shrugged as she motioned to the old man standing on the roof. "Are you talking about him?" she asked. "Because I'd never met him before."

Continue to scan for more enemies.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 11:29:43 am by Sir Elventide »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 09, 2018, 10:11:37 am »

Dead people from history came back to life in future japan and have magic powers we all have wandered to the same school and the school was attacked by invisable to mortals monsters now some dude climbed up on the building after the fighting and is asking what the hell happened.
My Sig

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 09, 2018, 11:05:46 am »

Dead people from history came back to life in future japan and have magic powers we all have wandered to the same school and the school was attacked by invisable to mortals monsters now some dude climbed up on the building after the fighting and is asking what the hell happened.

He seems too playful considering that said monsters just launched a big attack on the school. It's kind of like as if he's admiring his handiwork.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 09, 2018, 11:57:04 am »

((During lunch, Youka showed up and told everyone that something was happening outside.
Hostile creatures appeared and were defeated, including a huge beast that immediately got killed by some high-speed attack. There is some sort of infestation surrounding the school. Makiko sent a swarm of insects to devour the spore pods hanging around in the sky and supposedly causing the entire ordeal.

Now a (human) newcomer appears on the roof. Makiko is still in the air, Ryo and Nagisa are on the ground. All the while fighting the infestation, there are still two monsters like Miya's/the one you two fought earlier.))

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 09, 2018, 11:44:29 pm »

...I've not the slightest idea what happened, but I'll roll with it.

"Makoto, you alright? That looked rather painful, to say the least."

Check the surroundings for any imminent lingering threats, then head over to Makoto to assess the 'damages.'
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 10, 2018, 09:15:14 am »

"Are you ... life and death, perhaps? Should I place this mask on one of your faces to open the lock?"
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29