Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 290717 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2017, 08:33:38 pm »

Yeah I was apparently slow on that vote.

Well, I edited instead of new-posting, and you apparently responded fast.

Thoughts on the grate? Or the MacGuffin for that matter?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2017, 08:34:50 pm »

Lol this is getting messy. Refer to my above post.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2017, 08:35:36 pm »

Lol this is getting messy. Refer to my above post.

Wait, so A for the second vote as well...?

FLUFF WRITING HAS BEGUN.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2017, 08:37:38 pm »

A. Check the grate carefully. Maybe the rebels were trying to get more Macguffin to destabilize our empire by black holing the capital. Or at least find clues before going the other way. But some should keep distance, traps and all.

Edit: Besides gotta see where other end leads to. Find the rebel, crush the rebel. Suffer not their lies!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 10:22:26 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2017, 08:42:59 pm »

A. Check the grate carefully. Maybe the rebels were trying to get more Macguffin to destabilize our empire by black holing the capital. Or at least find clues before going the other way. But some should keep distance, traps and all.

Well, I was going to take the first suggestion in an effort to simulate the instinctive nature of war, and to get this to pick up a bit.

But it doesn't matter. Surprisingly little matters here.

I'll take suggestions for steps in order to prevent a black-holey death for all of us.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2017, 09:54:39 pm »

C

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2017, 11:05:58 pm »

Why did you guys all assume that just because we heard people, or sound that sounded vaguely like people running in One Direction that's where they actually would be, maybe they tossed some stones in that direction, or it could've been an animal, or a record player, or something, if I was them I would have ran for the water for several reasons.

A: it would mask my sound.
B: it might mask my scent.
C. There's a chance it might inconvenience my pursuers.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2017, 07:50:50 am »

Why did you guys all assume that just because we heard people, or sound that sounded vaguely like people running in One Direction that's where they actually would be, maybe they tossed some stones in that direction, or it could've been an animal, or a record player, or something, if I was them I would have ran for the water for several reasons.

A: it would mask my sound.
B: it might mask my scent.
C. There's a chance it might inconvenience my pursuers.

Very perceptive, that's exactly the idea I was going for.

A was selected.

The grate is forced. Spiders come out.

Yes, huge spiders with luminous eyes begin pushing through the hole. Those were the sounds you heard earlier.

Even worse, the tunnel turns near the spider nest to merge with the other branch, after the section with water. So the heroes would be the ones facing a mob of spiders if you hadn't nicely distracted them by forcing that grate.

Yeah, now what?

A: FIGHT!!!
B: Retreat back up the tunnel
C: Run down the other branch

NEXT STORY POST
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 02:47:03 pm by blueturtle1134 »

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2017, 08:24:51 am »

Bad guys are bad.
C?
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2017, 11:48:19 am »

B, retreat the rebels seem like less of a threat now that we know we have giant spiders lurking just below the city...somehow....also we want to keep our engineers alive and down as many of these beasties as possible.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2017, 12:46:03 pm »

B
maybe we can tame these beasts at a later date and use them against our foes.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2017, 02:12:21 pm »

B for Cybernetic Amplied Military evil Large Spiders

C.A.M.E.L.S for short
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2017, 02:35:02 pm »

OOC: we could always just ask the empiresrepublics best supplier for 🐫's Hassan is always available or so I hear. ;D

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2017, 08:56:14 pm »

B, retreat the rebels seem like less of a threat now that we know we have giant spiders lurking just below the city...somehow....also we want to keep our engineers alive and down as many of these beasties as possible.

The rebels didn't dig this tunnel; the former King of this little coastal town built it as an escape route, and it was then abandoned when we conquered the place, and infested by spiders. This was all in the notes, by the way, which were only found after the entire thing had happened.

By the way, here's how it actually looks.

OOC: we could always just ask the empiresrepublics best supplier for 🐫's Hassan is always available or so I hear. ;D

The only hit I could get on "Hassan Camels" was from... 1d4chan. Or a wiki describing it anyways.

Whatever.

In character: We don't have camels.

We, in fact, have everything but camels. Snakes, horses, pigs, buffalo, zebras, goats, turtles, dolphins... have all been found, studied, tamed, and studied for military use, with wildly varying degrees of success. We haven't gotten to the desert, though.

No camels.

Choice is B.

Spoiler: Dice (click to show/hide)

The soldiers rush out of the hole, out of breath. "Close the gate!" one exclaims.

The gate to the escape hatch is shut just in time. One spider is crushed with its feet sticking out of the hatch. There is a chittering and the sound of many feet behind it.

Well, that went well.

It's free action time now. Name any action that you can take to improve the situation before the rebels resurface. Take the Overlord List for inspiration - if you don't specifically name it here, I'll assume the empire's defences to be the most cliched and least effective possible. Everything here is subject to a roll. Remember that thanks to your bonuses all rolls involving design of new equipment get one dice guaranteed 4 in addition to your typical +2 scientific.

NEXT STORY POST
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 02:47:22 pm by blueturtle1134 »

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2017, 09:22:13 pm »

Do we have DNA-coded triggers yet?
If we don't I recommend we invent those before we make handheld superweapons.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 203