Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 134012 times)

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2017, 10:47:57 am »

((does anyone want to help me try to make a mechsuit, or at least some golems? I can animate stuff, if you guys need it.))
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2017, 11:06:23 am »

(If you want to make a cat-sized prototype, I wouldn't mind.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2017, 11:43:47 am »

((if you build yourself a suit out of something, I will animate it for you.))

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2017, 11:51:43 am »

I am primarily focusing on shelter that grows food. This may involve earth magic, soil shaping/pottery, and digging (as well as foraging and farming). Potentially, this may lead to statutes if that addresses your request.

Concerning your animate object spell, consider mechanical aspects. Even water movement, or economic activity via mechanical means, not to mention security would be insane. Imagine waterwheels/pumps/screws, furnace billows, or traps activating themselves. Those would be less dangerous starting ideas than, perhaps, a full golem, especially if they are afixed in place and can't move. Then of course, you have the issue of actually controlling these things once you animate them.... That doesn't even touch transportation.

That is, of course, assuming any of this is appropriate. I wouldn't know. You've got to be careful not to create (y)our own destruction. I'd actually considered animated objects a bit prior to this, but.... Careful, wasn't too long ago a knife attacked you. Just saying.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2017, 11:56:42 am »

((if you build yourself a suit out of something, I will animate it for you.))
(You forget that I am a cat, not a miracle worker.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2017, 12:20:43 pm »

I could indeed help automate farming. Animated Archimedes screw anyone? (For irrigation.)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 31, 2017, 12:22:24 pm »

But what happens when the water wheels and windmills and Archimedes screws try to unionize?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 31, 2017, 12:23:27 pm »

Than I deanimate them and replace them.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 31, 2017, 12:43:10 pm »

Well, for right now, I'd keep it simple, both for safety and DM sanity. The water screw, unattached to anything may be proof of concept.

You would want some way to secure and control whatever you do. Flooding would be bad.... extreme caution....

The game is called "Survive," so I'd clear it with the DM beforehand. Automation is supplement not substitute. Just an opinion.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 02:03:02 pm by Transcendant »

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 31, 2017, 04:09:45 pm »

In regards to everything said so far: This thread started with the idea of resource management, but I'm also willing to incorporate things like magic or neat ideas into the game. I hinted from the beginning that there would be monsters, and some have already appeared (inspired a lot by D&D, obviously). I'm still somewhat new at this, but I'll do my best to accommodate any ideas that you guys come up with. At the heart of it, this is still an RTD, where dice (and my decisions regarding die rolls) decides the outcome of all things. I hope you all have fun with it. :3

Make the goo go to sleep, then cook 4 of my fish and smoke the other 4.
4 You gain the knowledge that oozes are mindless creatures, and sleep spells likely won't be effective against them. However, Arsintoile is clearly not mindless, and with the right enchantment, you can help them instead. Perhaps you can use this new knowledge to aid them after you're done cooking all those fish.
 -1 Hunger, -8 Fish. You obtain Cooked Fish x4, Smoked Fish x4. Cooking Rank Level Up: Choose one: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, or a one time permanent bonus to Cooking checks. Next Rank: 0/15 EXP. Enchantment Rank 0: 3/10 EXP. Gain Spell: Enhance Attack (2 Mana)

If someone gives me food, eat until I am full.
Meditate on the aspect of transmutation that involves changing the substance of an object, what it is made of.
Fish while doing the second part of the above.

3 No one seems particularly keen on sharing at this particular moment. You meditate a bit on Transmutation, feeling slightly more like you can change things at your will. You go fishing and manage to catch something. -1 Hunger. You obtain Fish x1. Skill Unlocked: Fishing Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Transmutation Rank 0: 8/10 EXP.

Demonstrate my plant-growth magic to wow the dragon. Use it on a small mushroom. Ignoring the fact that fungi are not technically plants.
6 It looks like it works on the mushroom anyway, as it becomes quite large inside of the cave. So large that it reaches the low ceiling and shifts some rock, dropping the rock onto you. -1 Mana, -1 Health. Earth Magic Rank 0: 8/10 EXP
"Wow... Cloaksss had magic too, but I have never ssseen anything quite like that. I'm impresssed... It asks your name, and you respond in kind. "Valosssh... would you like to be my vasssal? To ssserve me and my interessstsss, asss a comrade? We could be great together, you and I." You've done a great job impressing this dragon, it seems.

Ponder why and how I fell. Not from the stumbling, I mean why did I fall down instead of up, left, right, or some other direction. Ponder ways to magically harness this force that makes me fall down (gravity). While doing that, go dig some clay out of the river if it's safe and try to stack them in blocks or bricks to dry.
3 You get a flash of inspiration about a new spell that will help you defy gravity. You also successfully dig up some clay, and make a clay brick. -1 Hunger. You obtain Clay Brick x1. Skill Unlocked: Digging Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Skill Unlocked: Transmutation Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Gain Spell: Flight, 1 Mana Cost. Gain Mana Bar: 5/5

continue meowing incessantly at Jeb to help me. Cast gust on him if he continues to ignore me.
3 Hey look, he paid attention to you! He gives you pets. -1 Hunger.

Pet the cat, and then focus on trying to understand it
4 It's soft and fluffy. You feel compelled to learn how to speak to it, and through magical inspiration, you figure out how to do that. -1 Hunger. Lost Status Effect: Full. Skill Unlocked: Divination Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Gain Spell: Speak with Animals, Cost 1 Mana.

Attempt to learn a spell that relates to conjuring fire, preferably destructive.
1 You concentrate on your Fire magic, and you manage to make a fire! Unfortunately, it burns you, causing you to forget how you did it in the first place. -2 Health, -1 Hunger, -1 Mana. Lost Status Effect: Full.

Leave mine, eat mango.
2 You eat the mango on your way back up. You bonk your foot pretty hard on the tools laying near the bottom of the ladder. +1 Hunger, -2 Health.
You climb your way back up the ladder with a sore foot.

Dig with the pickaxe near the campsite/farm in whatever direction seems most stable. Dig a square building foundation so the floor is 3 ft below ground, and pile the excavated dirt/mud and form that into walls. The result should be fairly high total interior wall height. Use the hoe to smooth out things. Also ceiling if possible, but that can be later if not. After that cast Mud to Rock.
4 You build a relatively good size room of the specifications that you desired. You use the last of your mana to form your mud structure into solid rock. -1 Hunger, -2 Mana. Skills Unlocked: Digging Rank 0 and Building Rank 0. Earth Magic Rank 1: 7/15

Repeat action with another piece of firewood, but stabbed in instead of thrown. Consider the nature of the reaction of fire to slime, and how other materials might interact with it.
2 You know you have a sword, right? You stab the wood into the ooze, and the ooze slurps up the the wooden object. Some of it's goop gets on your hand, and it burns so much. -2 Health. Clear Ooze: 17/22 HP.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 04:27:26 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 31, 2017, 04:13:56 pm »

Hmm...
Cook and eat the fish. Then, animate that cat's backpack and stuff so it will float around and follow the cat, doing as the cat orders.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 31, 2017, 04:14:58 pm »

Talk to the cat
"Hey there buddy,what do you want,how are you felling?"
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 31, 2017, 04:15:23 pm »

Attempt to learn destructive fire magic again.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 31, 2017, 04:20:30 pm »

((White text is always an iffy idea, as it's really hard to read.))

"Erm... Thank you I suppose. From what I have witnessed, you are a fair creature, and one of high standards. However, I know very little else about you; how can you prove that you are indeed an individual worthy of becoming a vassal to?"

In the meantime, take some chunks off of this nice big purple mushroom. They might come in handy as food later.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 31, 2017, 04:20:54 pm »

Nix

Climb up a tree, sleep, heal as much as possible.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 72