Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 220107 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars
« Reply #195 on: September 30, 2017, 09:52:13 am »

Hey! What was that sound? That awful, funny, crunchy-squishy sound followed by a soft thud down here on the ground? Is Mr.Guard dead, guys? If so, I hope I helped you catching him off-guard! Heh, heh, Guard, off-guard. I'm Kay, by the way. Go Raven's Roughnecks!

"Well hot damn, private eyeballs, you can speak coherent words. Mister guard and two of his butt buddies are indeed dead. You better stay down if you don't want to end up the same way, cause Charlie is still gunning for our asses."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #196 on: October 02, 2017, 09:04:05 am »

Up the ladder, with the tiger. Direct the tiger towards the enemies. Get close to Thag and then cast Dome, Darkness. Bind Thag's wounds with something.

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)
You climb the ladder and send the tiger off to deal with the enemies, choosing the rather large and dangerous man to be his first target. You run over to Thag and [pot:7] kneel next to him before raising one hand. A mote of shadow bubbles out of thin air and hovers between your fingers for a moment before blooming out into a half sphere of utter blinding darkness that engulfs much of the room.  You have your hands on Thag so you keep track of where he is, even while blind. [8v7] You pull off your shirt and tear it into strips, using them to stuff and bind Thag's wounds. He's still unconcious but you don't think he'll bleed out.

[6v1][6v8]
You hear the roar of your alien beast and the sound of metal rending. There is an enraged yell but no sound of a body falling. There's a sound of someone backpedaling and then, very near you, the sound of a rifle cocking. [3v4][3v4] The shot comes from somewhere within maybe 10 feet, but there's no muzzle flash in the dome of absolute anti-light. The bullet clips your ribs and you throw yourself down near Thag, teeth clenched, not screaming to keep your location a secret.

Somewhere off to your right, you hear a sword hissing through the air multiple times, hitting nothing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shadow Alliance

Exist. Join the Shadow Alliance Encounter. Prep Spell: Mark Whole Body, Black Biometal

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)

You appear down on the ground floor. However I may suggest you change that spell: Mark does not mean Polymorph so what that spell would grant you is a magical tattoo that, when activated, just summoned a hunk of black biometal. Which, if thats what you want, thats fine, but it seems a little weird.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 09:10:34 am by piecewise »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 02, 2017, 09:20:46 am »

((Wow, Thag lives!))

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #198 on: October 02, 2017, 09:30:18 am »

Rally the team/gang and head down the stairs with my horse (ride it if possible).

You gather your otherwise unresponsive team and drag them all downstairs, riding your mechanical horse down with some difficulty. Down below the mill is a small basement cut into solid stone. It is completely empty aside from a dusting of brownish yellow dust, a handful of skeletal human remains and something sitting in one of the corners. The thing in the corner is too big for the basement and is hunched and squatting, its great bulk filling a large section of the room. It is a fly, its body pressed up against the wall so that its bloated abdomen is resting against the ceiling its head hangs just inches above the ground. Its six limbs are spread out across the will and its huge wings flap maybe a few inches back and forth, but at enormous speed, buzzing light electrical power lines. Red compound eyes, each a foot across and bulging out of the thing's head, stare at you.

"Come Ye To Bargin With Your Flesh or The Flesh of Others?" The fly says, speaking with vibrations of its wings rather than any mouth.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 02, 2017, 10:41:31 am »

Oh. I had no idea. I thought it would mark my body with black biometal. ah well, I'll change it.

How about: mark whole body, amber, shockwave? That'll give me a tattoo that, when activated, creates a shockwave centered on me that sends out amber, right?
if that doesn't work, would "darkness aura" cause me to emit a darkness in aura form? guess that would be pointless in direct light, but more useful at night.

to be honest, I am not sure which words are material and which are form, though I can probably guess which are actions or triggers.

Anyway, lemme have a look at those various corpses. loot what I can, including any words not claimed by my teammates.

Spoiler:  Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 02, 2017, 10:49:16 am »

((Achievement Get: Preformed medical assistance while blind.))

Pull Thag out of the darkness. Away from where I heard the sword. And make sure I don't fall down the ladder. And if I do, try not to drag Thag down with me.

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #201 on: October 02, 2017, 05:26:02 pm »

"Why does everyone keep shooting at me?! You can't make me stay in the open like this! Oh gods, I think I've been shot..."

Keep moving towards the guard, now seeming to be losing energy and momentum. If he shoots at me, use my mark if necessary and throw a crow at his head. If he lets me get closer, you know the deal by now. [LargeFirearm / Ammunition]

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)

You act like you are slowing down to stop just next to the man, keeping both your hands raised. He keeps the weapon trained on you for a long moment but you aren't acting like an enemy so, just as you get near him, he turns to look at your father instead. You take the moment to try and thrust your hand into his gut and transmute his organs. [1v3] The man sees it coming and dodges away from your grasping fingers. Damn! If only your strength weren't so god awful!

"Aww shucks, I think you stole my kill sarge." Abu said, sounding rather disappointed.

"So uh, do you think we should tell the locals to rebel or something? That might take some heat off our back and distract Charlie for a while."

Scooch over to Nik and try to heal him. Maybe try to simply use the word 'repair' on its own while touching him to 'enchant' Nik with repairs or something?

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
You scramble over to the new guy and lay your hands on his face before using your magic. [4]
His empty eye sockets begin filling with a milky white fluid. A moment later an iris and pupil bob up out of the fluid. They float there for a moment before the man blinks and suddenly his eyes are back.

Hey! What was that sound? That awful, funny, crunchy-squishy sound followed by a soft thud down here on the ground? Is Mr.Guard dead, guys? If so, I hope I helped you catching him off-guard! Heh, heh, Guard, off-guard. I'm Kay, by the way. Go Raven's Roughnecks!

Crawl on all fours to cover, which should be the side of the train, just a couple feet on my left side. Graciously accept healing if given.

((I guess he just doesn't know that it's Corven who's the boss, not his daughter. Or something.

Hey Ozarck! Glad to have you join the game! :) ))

You hear a sound like water rushing into a glass and then a moment later you can see. NEAT!

"Abu Hajaar, you fool, you're looking at this the wrong way. We're simply 3-0 in favour of Team America, oorah!

If we can instill enough patriotism into the local's hearts, we might get them to turn on Charlie. Hmm."

Scoot over to the easternmost edge of the train, where the dead guard is. Try to pull him behind the train without exposing myself too much, then loot his corpse. Also shout the following to the two blue dots that aren't too far away, in an attempt to get them to join our side.

"Listen up, savages! I am here on the authority of the United States of America to spread freedom and liberty to your savage lands! So you better get your asses over here and help us overthrow your masters, before I'm forced to kick your teeth in and papercut your peehole!"

You drag the corpse back into cover and loot a rifle from the body along with a single magazine of ammo. As you do so you shout at the two slaves nearby. [1v3] They seem utterly confused and as, or perhaps more, terrified of you than they are of their masters.

Sy didn't post so I'm gonna assume he wants to repeat his old turn. [3][6][5v1][3]. Corvan stoops and grabs a rock off the ground. He holds it up, pointing it at the guard, and pushes magic into it. The rock tears itself free of his fingers and whips itself across the yard and straight into the guard's chest. The guard is knocked back flat on his ass with a sound of snapping ribs.

Raven has cover from the men up on the tower, but not from the guard over near the chemical pool. [6v1] He takes a shot at her but the shot doesn't even hit the building she's hiding next to, let alone her.  Two of the guards in the tower open up on Corvan who is in the open and completely exposed. [4v4][3v2] Bullets impact around him in puffs of dust but not a single shot hits him.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 02, 2017, 05:35:50 pm »

((Why do I have to roll str if he let me get close? I'm initiating combat there, with a move that doesn't even look like an attack. Just reaching out...))

"Hey slaves! I bet you don't like being slaves! Well, if you don't like it then help us help you by beating the nearest merchant to death. Thanks in advance!"

Int roll time! Shout as loudly as possible. Throw a few birds in the general direction of the guy who got a shot off at me; hopefully the crows fly when thrown. The guy that Corvan hit is probably still alive, but down for the count, SO [LargeFirearm / Ammunition]

It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #203 on: October 02, 2017, 06:07:54 pm »

((Why do I have to roll str if he let me get close? I'm initiating combat there, with a move that doesn't even look like an attack. Just reaching out...))

"Hey slaves! I bet you don't like being slaves! Well, if you don't like it then help us help you by beating the nearest merchant to death. Thanks in advance!"

Int roll time! Shout as loudly as possible. Throw a few birds in the general direction of the guy who got a shot off at me; hopefully the crows fly when thrown. The guy that Corvan hit is probably still alive, but down for the count, SO [LargeFirearm / Ammunition]

Quote from: The Rules, Mate
For Magic
1. Roll Potency to see how well the spell is formed and its power
2. Roll Str or Dex depending on range.  Defender rolls Awareness or Endurance depending on the nature of the spell to dodge or resist. If it cannot be dodged or resisted, then jump straight to rolling vitality
3. If they don't avoid or resist it, roll vitality to see how bad they get hit, with the potency roll as the thing being rolled against.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 02, 2017, 06:22:02 pm »

Can't dodge it if you don't see it coming or don't recognise it as a threat, m8.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 02, 2017, 07:14:01 pm »

Can't dodge it if you don't see it coming or don't recognise it as a threat, m8.
Are you sure it's wise to argue with Piecewise?

See what I did there? Seriously, though, I don't recommend doing that.

Also, how do I make text properly invisible instead of just white?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 08:18:08 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 02, 2017, 07:18:30 pm »

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

"What do you mean, O mighty spirit?"
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 02, 2017, 08:02:46 pm »

Are you sure it's wise to argue with Piecewise?

See what I did there? Seriously, though, I don't recommend doing that.

Also, how do I make text properly invisible instead of just white?

[color=transparent]Like this.[/color]

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 03, 2017, 03:14:25 am »

"Heey, I did it! I'm a medic now! Maybe I'll get into a better pay bracket..." Abu made a small mental note to try and find a red cross to stitch on his uniform sometime. Said note immediately drifted away into the slight breeze of his mind.

"You can help us fight the reds now, just go ask the sarge for a rifle and, uhh... waaaitaminute..." He suddenly realized they didn't really know who this new guy was. He just showed up suddenly and exploded his own eyes. Before giving him a weapon, he should probably check if it wasn't a secret commie sympathizer! Luckily, they had taught him just how to do exactly that in basic.

He raised his rifle in the direction of the new guy and asked, "What are your thoughts on di-a-be-tic materialism?"

Unless the new guy turns out to be a commie (in which case, keep him at gunpoint!) Danger averted, for now.

Give the new guy my sword, take the ammo offered by Sarge (and that spare weapon, why not, Kay ain't using it). Then move over to the last guard's body and loot it. Finally, run over to the nearest slaves (the ones above us on the map, in the building) and try to convince them to take up arms against their masters (in the typical Abu way, of course). If they agree to fight, give them my spare weapons and instruct them to also start convincing their fellow slaves.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 05:10:28 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 03, 2017, 09:57:10 am »

I can see! I can see! Why, thank you!

Kay blinks several times as he looks at his outstretched hands. They're so real! Must not be a dream anymore, I think.

He raised his rifle in the direction of the new guy and asked, "What are your thoughts on di-a-be-tic materialism?"

Materialism? German Neoclassical Rational Idealism is the only way forward! Or so I read in my grand-grand-grand-father's philosophical treatise. He was truly a great man, you know. Why are you asking?

Say, do you have a weapon I could borrow? Sure, killing enemies bare-handed is epic and all, but might be tad situational and inefficient. A melee one, of course, as befits a Man and a Hero.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 114