Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 220174 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars
« Reply #270 on: October 08, 2017, 07:45:21 pm »

Hmm. Loot any ammo that this rifle uses. Fully load up the rifle Cast [when inflicting damage][distortion dust] on either the ammo or the rifle. Preferably the rifle, if I think the effect will transfer to the ammo it fires, or if casting it on the fully loaded rifle affects the ammo inside. That is, I want it to have a magical effect when bullets hit things, rather than when the rifle itself does. But I also want that for more than one shot, if possible. The more ammo affected, the better.

Better not try to open the locked chest juuuuuust yet. I suppose there will be time for that after the encounter. When i will have to -grumble- share with my allies.

I see that I misinterpreted the map: I am on ground floor, there is a floor above me with a bridge, and then my teammates are on the floor above that. I'd shoot the guy that just feel directly above me, but I don't want to shoot my teammates in teh process, so, just kinda aim that way. If he exposes himself by attempting to climb the ladder, shoot him, then doooooooooooooooodge! Also stay away from where the acid is burning through.

((Frikken ATHATH. Lucky. You get a free level five word in exchange for an idler. Man.))

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 08, 2017, 08:04:04 pm »

ATHATH's actions will kill his gang so...either someone needs to accept him into their group or he's gonna be his own gang.
HEY ATHATH, wanna come hunt commies with us? The red threat never sleeps!
Sure!

((Frikken ATHATH. Lucky. You get a free level five word in exchange for an idler. Man.))
Not just an idler. Multiple idlers.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 08, 2017, 08:14:05 pm »

Activate my mark before I die. In fact, I probably should have activated my mark before I fell over.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 10, 2017, 06:32:12 pm »

"Good initiative, rifleman. You people are better at the savage talk anyway. I'll provide cover."

Follow Abu. While he tries to convince the slaves, get in cover and keep overwatch to the building's entrances. Shoot any gaurd/slaver that pops into view.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 06:56:57 pm by Pancaek »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #274 on: October 10, 2017, 07:59:10 pm »

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

Sacrifice my inactive teammates for 2 Transform Whole Bodies and some Permanents. If I only have 2 inactive teammates, take a Permanent and a Transform Whole Body. If I am only allowed to sacrifice one teammate, sacrifice crazyabe (or some other random inactive teammate if crazyabe becomes active again) and pick up a Permanent.

People have had a few days to respond to this so....

You grab your idling teammates by the scruffs of their necks and shove them bodily into the Fly. It lashes out and snatches them up, pulling them under and behind it so they are out of sight.

"The price is paid."

Your head swims and you find yourself on your back, woozy, staring up at the ceiling. You sit up and find the room empty. Heavy, powerful knowledge sits in your head like a lead weight, a constant pressure you cannot ignore.

ATHATAH'S GANG HAS BEEN DESTROYED! ATHATH JOINS WITH SY'S GANG!

He gains 1 Permanent and 1 Polymorph whole body
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 08:05:54 pm by piecewise »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 10, 2017, 09:31:00 pm »

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

I have achieved great power! To celebrate, stand outside, focus on something quite a distance away (and point as much of my body as I can towards that point), and cast an Animate Dead Machine Erupt from ground Blood Spike When near death/dies Wall spell with a -10 POT penalty.

So... Mission complete?

If I decided to make my own gang and not join Syv's gang, what cards would this tile produce?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 10, 2017, 09:41:45 pm »

ATHATH can't get over here to our gang without getting past the gate the other gang is fighting.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #277 on: October 10, 2017, 09:43:55 pm »

((Great.))

More first aid on Thag. Then maybe find someplace to hide?

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)
There's nowhere to hide him on this level, at least outside the darkness. There's nothing on this level, no furniture or objects. Best you could do is try and carry him downstairs.

[8v4]

Via a vigorous application of violent shaking you bring Thag back to consciousness. He is groggy and pale but seems able to move.

Hmm. Loot any ammo that this rifle uses. Fully load up the rifle Cast [when inflicting damage][distortion dust] on either the ammo or the rifle. Preferably the rifle, if I think the effect will transfer to the ammo it fires, or if casting it on the fully loaded rifle affects the ammo inside. That is, I want it to have a magical effect when bullets hit things, rather than when the rifle itself does. But I also want that for more than one shot, if possible. The more ammo affected, the better.

Better not try to open the locked chest juuuuuust yet. I suppose there will be time for that after the encounter. When i will have to -grumble- share with my allies.

I see that I misinterpreted the map: I am on ground floor, there is a floor above me with a bridge, and then my teammates are on the floor above that. I'd shoot the guy that just feel directly above me, but I don't want to shoot my teammates in teh process, so, just kinda aim that way. If he exposes himself by attempting to climb the ladder, shoot him, then doooooooooooooooodge! Also stay away from where the acid is burning through.

Three paragraph action huh? Sigh.

You already did grab all the ammo when you looted the bodies. You decide to cast the spell on a bullet rather than the gun, since it is the bullet that will be dealing damage. [7][8] You hold all four rounds in your hand and twine the spell around them in a single continuous action.

You slip the enchanted rounds back into the magazine and aim at the second level, right toward the man who just fell there, waiting to get a good shot.

The fight in the darkness continues but seems to take a sharp turn as the Tiger roars out and there's the sound of metal striking metal and vibrating sharply, sinking deeply.  There's the sound of foot steps running for the ladder as well. Down on the second floor the man who just fell hauls himself to his feet and disappears into the niche up there.  The acid pours through the floor even faster now and completely destroys the bridge before continuing to the ground below it. The floor of the upper level begins to groan, the holes weakening it.  On the far, eastern side, Chu can see the wood and stone start knitting together, melting into each other in a soft white glow.

https://imgur.com/a/uXsn9

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #278 on: October 10, 2017, 10:05:35 pm »

Sy's group tomorrow. Head hurts. Tired.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 10, 2017, 10:11:25 pm »

((Hope you feel better tomorrow, Dubs.))

"Are y'all cowards?!  Git over here, we're takin' this tower!"

Shout at the slaves to keep coming, and assault the tower.  Then keep running towards Raven ('s body? :( ), and start dragging her towards cover.  Enchant the ground past her with "Wall" to provide cover, if it would block the angles of some of those shooting at her.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 11, 2017, 12:51:46 am »

((Get better soon, PW!  :(

@ATHATH Welcome to Roncal-thol Rotheleaod! :) By the way, do we know for sure that you cannot keep your gang words (as non-permanents) upon joining R&R? Maybe you can (and so they could be put to great use later)?

@Piecewise Under these unique circumstances, could R-R receive the conquered tile along with ATHATH's character, or would that just be unreasonable?))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 11, 2017, 06:53:03 am »

Move out from under the collapsing structure: Move to 04, 10. Examine the melding wood and stone from afar. What is happening there?
Cast [Feline][BlackBiometal]

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #282 on: October 11, 2017, 07:05:59 am »

((Get better soon, PW!  :(

@ATHATH Welcome to Roncal-thol Rotheleaod! :) By the way, do we know for sure that you cannot keep your gang words (as non-permanents) upon joining R&R? Maybe you can (and so they could be put to great use later)?

@Piecewise Under these unique circumstances, could R-R receive the conquered tile along with ATHATH's character, or would that just be unreasonable?))

That tile goes to no one because the gang trying to get it was destroyed.

((Hope you feel better tomorrow, Dubs.))

"Are y'all cowards?!  Git over here, we're takin' this tower!"

Shout at the slaves to keep coming, and assault the tower.  Then keep running towards Raven ('s body? :( ), and start dragging her towards cover.  Enchant the ground past her with "Wall" to provide cover, if it would block the angles of some of those shooting at her.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

You run towards her and get pretty close. At the same time you yell for the slaves to assault the tower. [8v5] The slaves already under your command run for the tower and several more join their ranks in the process.  Of course, they have a fair distance to run before they'll get there.

I'm gonna let you get over and loot the guard but even that is actually letting you move further than you should be able to. The You get a curving knife, another rifle and a magazine with 4 shots in it.
((Thanks. I knew I wouldn't be able to do all that in one turn, but since movement is rolled for I deliberately gave more movement orders than I could do in a turn so that I wouldn't be 'losing movement' in case I rolled really well (though whether that's worth it with 4 speed is debatable). So if I post an action with way more movement than I could do in the future, you don't have to exceed my movement if it's not warranted, just process up to where I can manage.))

Switch to rifle with most ammo left. Then run over to the nearest slaves (the ones above us on the map, in the building) and try to convince them to take up arms against their masters (in the typical Abu way, of course). If they agree to fight, give them my spare weapons and instruct them to also start convincing their fellow slaves.

Of course, should at any point the red threat a guard come into view, shoot him then get into cover.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
You juggle your rifles a moment till you get the one with the most rounds left.

You run over towards the nearest slaves and attempt to convince them to join up. [6v2] They join up immediately and you hand off both rifles to them. You tell them to go recruit other slaves and they accept the task.

Quiet, Chain'Gram. We have to be quiet.

Sneak into charge range (i.e. close enough to close in and attack in melee next turn, assuming stationary target and that I don't have enough speed to reach them this turn). Try to hide behind corners (of the warehouse, or those ?crates? to the north) until it is time to attack.

If I can just attack him this turn, do so.

The things to the north are the legs of a guard tower, the tower currently raining fire down on your teammates. You continue to sneak up on the guard and get dang close to him. Next turn he'll be wide open.

"Good initiative, rifleman. You people are better at the savage talk anyway. I'll provide cover."

Follow Abu. While he tries to convince the slaves, get in cover and keep overwatch to the building's entrances. Shoot any gaurd/slaver that pops into view.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You follow Abu and stand against the wall as he convinces the slaves to rise up and then arms them for the task. Nothing like a little insurgency.

Activate my mark before I die. In fact, I probably should have activated my mark before I fell over.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
You activate the mark on your body and the spell leaps from your skin and up into your throat. The flesh knits closed, bones heal, muscle reconnects and nerves rejoin. After a moment you suck in a breath but stay on the ground, trying not to draw any attention to yourself.

The men up on the tower begin shooting down at the charging slaves.  One slave gets clipped by a passing shot but they all just keep running forward, ignoring the danger.  The man near Raven takes a shot at Corvan. [5v6][3] The shot catches Corvan in the left Bicep and his entire arm goes limp. The pain is dull and half numb for the moment, but blood wells up out of the wound and coats his arm.

https://i.imgur.com/3TYPHGK.png

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 11, 2017, 07:28:30 am »

((Could we get a map of the guard tower as well, pw? Or perhaps just a count of how many guards we know to be up there?))

"Glorious Revolutionary Capitalist Vanguard successfully recruited." Abu reported proudly, giving his best salute (which was still pretty poor by any standards).

"So, should we follow after them and give them cover, or shall we leave them be and approach the enemy from another angle, si- I MEAN SARGE?"

Preliminary action: move to the left (staying/moving to the outside of the building) and try to get an angle on a guard in range. Shoot once target acquired, if no guards are spotted make it a double move this turn.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 09:50:02 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #284 on: October 11, 2017, 08:48:10 am »

((Could we get a map of the guard tower as well, pw? Or perhaps just a count of how many guards we know to be up there?))

"Glorious Revolutionary Capitalist Vanguard successfully recruited." Abu reported proudly, giving his best salute (which was still pretty poor by any standards).

"So, should we follow after them and give them cover, or shall we leave them be and approach the enemy from another angle, si- I MEAN SARGE?"

Preliminary action: move to the left (staying/moving to the outside of the building) and try to get an angle on a guard in range. Shoot once target acquired if none spotted make it a double move this turn.

There's not much to see
https://imgur.com/a/EDVGs
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 114