Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 219018 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars
« Reply #315 on: October 15, 2017, 08:15:00 pm »

((OP just says you have final say in if he gets in. You can invite.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #316 on: October 16, 2017, 03:05:21 pm »

Get over to Thag and help him with combat.

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)

You have no weapon, least none on your sheet, so you run in with your fists, ready to go old school on this fucker. [2v6] You take a swing at his head, coming around from the side, but he ducks your blow easily.

Gonna assume Thag continues to try and murder via rocks. [9v6][6] Thag darts forward and thrusts the point of the sharp stone forward with all his body weight. The blow catches the man in the throat and opens an artery with a gout of dark red blood. The man staggers but remains on his feet, dying but with enough time left to do some damage.

Yeah, that's about what I expected

Wait for the collapse. Keep my rifle ready. if an enemy appears, and i have a clear shot, and they aren't hurtling to their death, shoot. Otherwise, just chill.

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)
You brace the rifle against your shoulder and wait, patiently.

The dome of darkness suddenly vanishes with a gentle chiming sound. It reveals the biometal tiger laying  in a pool of acidic blood. Its missing a forelimb and has several deep gashes. The amber coated in distortion dust is sitting against the right wall in a crater about 2 inches deep, slowly eating through stone and wood. Around it are strange, thin structures, like inverted icicles made of a chaotic mix of stone and wood.  The man with the skull cap is over on the other side of the room and he turns to see the fight going on. His blade is badly corroded and looks more like a slab of jagged, rusted metal than a blade. His expression is grim but he turns and charges towards Shade and Thag.

[6v6] The mortally wounded man takes a wild swing at Shade's head but Shade just barely manages to throw his arms in the way and knock the blow up, away from his head.  The injured man stumbles and falls backwards, unconscious a moment later.  [7v3] The skull cap man swings a blow with his jagged metal blade, aiming at Thag's throat. Thag slips the blow, dodging it like a boxer and recovers in an instant.

Meanwhile, down on the first floor, Chu can hear thumping and searching going on on the second floor. Then the sound of glass clinking together and the unmistakable sound of steel and flint. 

https://imgur.com/a/YajuP

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #317 on: October 16, 2017, 04:35:53 pm »

I'm gonna ask one of you here to cobble a map together in paint after the turn, just move your names to where they should be and so forth. I'll update the map when I return home.

Sure can do! One updated map, coming right up.

Because it hadn't occured to me that I actually get a say in where ATHATH goes, he does not get into R&R.  Nothing personal, we're just already large.

((Hey, just a sec now. Seeing as the other team didn't offer to take in atatata, this would effectively mean he'll be forced to play this multiplayer team game alone. If he doesn't mind or the other team wants to take him in, that all works out, but otherwise that seems like a rather shitty thing to do. Besides, in what way are we 'too large'? There isn't exactly a lot of coordination going on, so one more nutter running around doing whatever doesn't sounds like a big problem. And if it's due to being much bigger than the other team, well, given how this one mission has been going on for about a month and isn't over yet, I think it'll be a good long while before we get any actual PvP action, if we ever get there...))
Oh, I like that. Hold still, I'm taking your mind. BEEEWWWEEEEWOOOO

Move forward with Abu. Get into the earliest cover I can find that gives me shots at a guard, then start shootin'

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Move forward and shoot dem reds, try to keep to cover (or at least hug the wall to avoid guard tower fire).

Armed slaves: also advance forward, shoot guards in sight. If none reveal themselves then shoot at the guards in the tower.

I'm gonna ask one of you here to cobble a map together in paint after the turn, just move your names to where they should be and so forth. I'll update the map when I return home.
Sure can do! One updated map, coming right up.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

Everyone moves up together in a clump and ends their turns in cover with a view of the man Murphy shot in the face a few turns ago. He's still on the ground, groaning, rifle laying off by his side. The shot wasn't fatal or even really that damaging, but it tore a big hole out of his face and it bled and hurt like a mother fucker, no doubt.

((@Piecewise How sturdy/thick are the tower's legs? On the map, they are a couple tiles across each, whereas the tower in the picture you gave has legs that appear substantially thinner. Are they wooden like in the picture, or steel(y) based on their map tiles color?
Additionally, how many tiles high is the tower/the ladder?

@R-R I think I have a plan. ;)

Also, wow. What a roll-off.))

((Edit: Ah frak. Oh well.))

Climb the ladder on its underside/backside/the opposite side to just under the top level (i.e. instead of poking head into the trapdoor/opening, I want to have the solid ceiling of the platform's floor above me, hiding me from the guards' sight and/or gunfire).

They are metal and quite thick. Imagine steel I-beams. Tiles high? Dunno. But its about 40 feet up, quite high. I would assume it would be about 4 tiles worth of movement.

You run over to the tower and climb up the ladder on the wrong side, hiding under the edge of the platform above.

Yes, I meant that shack--I've been thinking it was the tower, for some inane reason.  Thank you.

Because it hadn't occured to me that I actually get a say in where ATHATH goes, he does not get into R&R.  Nothing personal, we're just already large.

Finally, Corven's going to stay in the shack and check his injury, perhaps trying to make a tourniquet for it.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)
You check your arm. Its a clean through and through shot but the hole is straight through the center of the muscle. Even if you get feeling back, that arm is gonna be next to useless. [1v2] You just kind of look at the injury, unsure of what to do with it.

The slave with Raven's rifle moves a little closer and takes a shot at the nearest overseer. [6v5][5] The shot catches the overseer in the lower arm. It doesn't matter. The instant the round pierces his skin, the flesh in the bullet goes wild. His entire arm swells violently, neoplastic growths erupting through his skin and tearing up to his shoulder. His muscles swell and expand like car airbags, his shoulder dislocating as the growth spreads into his chest and neck. He dies a moment later when a half dozen fist sized human teeth grow explosively out of the side of his head in a spray of blood and brain matter.

Many of the slaves have reached the bottom of the tower, out of sight of the shooters up top. The shooters move to cover the ladder and notice Kay hanging there.

https://imgur.com/a/yv97w

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 16, 2017, 04:45:14 pm »

"Too many of them boss, get down below, I'll try to hold them off."

Cast Shockwave Distortion Dust after Shade gets down, then go down myself.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 05:47:29 pm by Devastator »

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 16, 2017, 05:03:37 pm »

Down the ladder as soon as possible. All the way down if possible.

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 16, 2017, 05:13:37 pm »

"Nice shot, m'dude! Keep popping dudes like that and I'll feel-semi helpful!"

[Cloud / Wall], facing towards the tower. Shout encouragement to the guy with my rifle.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 16, 2017, 06:53:40 pm »

((@Radio Controlled I see what you did there...  And I accept that name with honor! ;D ))

Our enemies hide in metal boxes, the cowards, the fools! We, we should take away their metal boxes.

Surprise!
Kay smiled at the guards who discovered him as he cast.

Hold breath and enchant the platform's floor with 'Cloud' under the guards. Then get down to the ground/away from the spell result as fast and safely as possible.

Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 16, 2017, 08:32:04 pm »

Oh, I like that. Hold still, I'm taking your mind. BEEEWWWEEEEWOOOO
Someone should sig this.

What did you mean by the above quote, piecewise?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 17, 2017, 06:30:51 am »

((@Radio Controlled I see what you did there...  And I accept that name with honor! ;D ))
((Really, the image of him casually lopping of heads with a clockwork chainsword makes the connection inevitable; Now we just need to find you a tank to stand on top of.))

Everyone moves up together in a clump and ends their turns in cover with a view of the man Murphy shot in the face a few turns ago. He's still on the ground, groaning, rifle laying off by his side. The shot wasn't fatal or even really that damaging, but it tore a big hole out of his face and it bled and hurt like a mother fucker, no doubt.

Yell at that guy to surrender and to get down on the ground with his hands on his head. If he doesn't comply immediately, shoot him and have the Glorious Revolutionary Capitalist Vanguard shoot him as well. Also shoot any other guard should one come into sight. If not, go loot that guy's weapons (assuming he's dead or surrendering).

"Uhh, sarge, that one you bagged earlier seems to still be breathing. Should we let him surrender or just make him meet his maker?"

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 06:35:38 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 17, 2017, 07:01:34 am »

Glass breaking? Steel and flint? He's gonna start a fire!

climb the ladder, but be prepared to step to the side or hop down if my teammates come down. Anyway, try to sneak up until my head is above the floor and i can shoot. If the enemy is out of arm's reach, shoot at him. If he is charging me, drop back down instead. If he is in arm's reach but distracted, shoot. If my shot has a chance of catching my teammates in it's AoE, don't shoot.

Spoiler:  Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 17, 2017, 07:35:17 am »

"Uhh, sarge, that one you bagged earlier seems to still be breathing. Should we let him surrender or just make him meet his maker?"

"I suppose we should give everyone a chance to see the virtues of capitalism and democracy. Only one chance though, we don't have all day here. If he doesn't immediatly see the light,
give him a muzzle flash instead."

While Abu Hajaar tries to get the wounded guy to surrender, just aim at the guy and glare silently with all of the capitalistic fervour I can manage. If both of us together don't manage to convince him of the virtues of democracy, make sure I'm ready to shoot him if he tries something and Abu happens to be too slow on the trigger.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:08:52 pm by Pancaek »

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 17, 2017, 07:38:12 am »

((well shit i have been a bit inactive have i))
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 17, 2017, 09:23:05 am »

((well shit i have been a bit inactive have i))
((If you were part of ATHATH's gang, your inactivity cost you your character.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #328 on: October 18, 2017, 10:30:30 am »

Missing Sy.

By the way, ATHATH, you wanna join up with Rau or make your own gang?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 18, 2017, 12:19:26 pm »

((Apologies, apparently running myown game ruins my ability to keep up with other games.))

Try to fix the arm, again!  I'm not even sure if there's any downside to a tourniquet at this point...

When do we get our words (and therefore, Repair), back?  If used then, will it refresh before our next mission?  Or will I have to choose between having two functional arms and having "repair"?

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 114