Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 219967 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2017, 04:48:21 pm »

May we read your bonus spoiler, Radio Controlled?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2017, 04:59:46 pm »

May we read your bonus spoiler, Radio Controlled?
((Be my guest. In fact, Egan insists that you do.  :P))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2017, 05:04:19 pm »

((It's true, I do.))
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2017, 05:37:06 pm »

"I really hope these things work..."

Well, better start winding those birds up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You wind up the birds. They jutter and rattle metallically before their wings snap open with suprising speed and force. They just sit there with their wings open, the key clicking repeatedly as it rotates in place, as though waiting for something

Abu was looking expectantly in front of him, expecting the guns to be acquisitioned momentarily. This did not go as expected. 
"Wait, where are the guns? What is this? Why do I suddenly look like cool youth with the tar-toos? Oh man, the sarge is gonna be pis-."

"Abu Hajaar! What are you doing? This is neither the time nor the place to put ethnic gang tattoos on yourself! Where are my bloody rifles?"

"Still, uhh, working on it sir! Just a teeny moment longer."

Since tattoos represent magically stored spells (I think) that means the spell 'largefirearm clockwork' is now stored on my head, right?

If yes, try firing off that tattooed spell by... rubbing my forehead? Or whatever one does to get it going.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

After repeatedly poking yourself in the eyes for some reason, you instead try just thinking about releasing the spell. That seems to do it; the tattoo disappears and a single clockwork rifle appears in front of you, hovering in air for an instant before dropping to the ground. You pick it up; its all shiny brass and bronze with a weird clockwork loading and cycling mechanism that seems simply too complex for its own good. You grab one of the magazines that Murphy made and slap it into the gun. It fits perfectly.

Corven stares at the man for several long seconds, mentally cursing himself  "Wassit to you?  Jus' lookin around, heard there was a neat setup here.  Guess yall don't want tourists though, huh?  Figured you'd be nicer to the citizens..."

Talk at him and hope to not get shot.  If he starts aiming, "Cloud Wall FireForward", then run. If he just says to get lost, do so.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)
He listens to you with a blank expression before looking over your shoulder and seeing your companions. Specifically he seems to notice the cockwork crows and the rifle  Abu is holding.

"And exactly what are your friends doing there, eh?"  he says, shifting his grip on the rifle.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2017, 05:47:21 pm »

Roncal Roth

"Don't mind us, sir! Actually, I think I have something to show you!~"

Int roll to... seduce? that guard. Walk up to him all friendly like, then gently poke him and cast LargeFirearm / Ammunition into his chest. Why use a word material when I can use a material already in the world?

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 07:21:34 pm by Egan_BW »
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2017, 05:48:31 pm »

"Sir, sir! I figured out how to acquisition guns! First you need to make like you're from Detroit and cover yourself in them hip tar-toos, then you poke yourself in the eye for a bit and then think about making guns! It's so much faster than gong through the logistics officer. A little painful though."

Give the rifle to Sarge, he's the best shot in our platoon. Then take cover somewhere and watch things unfold. If a guard should bite the dust, scurry over and take his weapons.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

He listens to you with a blank expression before looking over your shoulder and seeing your companions. Specifically he seems to notice the cockwork crows and the rifle  Abu is holding.
cockwork crows
Stop dicking around pw, sheesh.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 06:07:08 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2017, 06:13:27 pm »

Corven scratches at his chin before responding, his expression quite calm despite the circumstances  "Well, my daughter's playin' with sum birds, but not really sure about those goons, still don understood their babble.  Lotta posturing they do, doesn't mean nothing."

Just talk, in the vain hope that answering his question will distract him long enough for someone else to do something.  If he starts aiming his gun at anyone, especially Corven's daughter, throw a rock into his skull.  Try to resist the urge to do that if her seduction works.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2017, 06:15:43 pm »

Climb onto the tiger and get it to climb up to the second level. Once up cast Dome / Darkness

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)
[7v3]
You climb atop the tiger and grip its neck tightly before urging it to climb straight up the wood of the outer door. It circles twice before bunching itself up and hurling itself into the air. It gets a good 10 feet up before sinking metallic claws into the wood and then continuing up in spasmotic scrambling jumps. When it reaches the second floor it hurls itself around the edge of the door and over onto the wooden catwalk that connects the two platforms of the second level.  It lands heavily, the wood cracking beneath its weight but not collapsing.

Run into the open door and bash the target that looks more dangerous with my rock.
You run around the corner and then sprint over to the nearest enemy. You can't get an attack in this turn because of the distance, but you at least get right up in his face and stop him from shooting at you.

Up on the second story the two armed men on the upper platform are rather reasonably freaked out by the sudden appearance of a black tiger demon thing. They both take shots at it with their rifles. [3v1&1] The Tiger doesn't even move. It just sits dead still as the two, in their panicked state, manage to do no more than miss it and instead shoot one of their companions across the way.

Down on the ground floor, the man nearest Thag sees whats happening above him and then looks around to see an angry caveman with a sharp rock right up in his face. He does whatever any reasonable person would try to do: He screams and swings at Thag with his rifle. [3v6] [4v6] The blow spraws Thag out on the cobblestones and leaves his ears ringing and his vision swimming. If not for his thick skull, it might have KO'd him.

Your maps
https://imgur.com/a/7Axfu

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2017, 06:25:54 pm »

Trip the guy up with my legs, roll on top of him, and bash away with the rock.

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #129 on: September 17, 2017, 06:40:31 pm »

Get inside the building and slowly go to the next floor
I Head to the stairs.
Test to see if my mount can fly.

Head upstairs and take a look around.

The mount cannot fly, but its pretty light...it might be able to jump high.

Everyone heads up the stairway, including Steve on his horse. It takes a bit but he manages.  The second story is the mill itself, the spoke of the water wheel extends to a gear that turns the millstones. There are old bags of flour up in one corner of the room and a ladder to the ceiling beams on the other side. The mill hasn't functioned in a long time but there is something distinctly off about those millstones: they're stained a deep brownish red along their grinding surfaces.

Map
https://i.imgur.com/TMQA6tO.png

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2017, 06:54:21 pm »

"Who's been grinding people up in here?"
I will check the contents of the bags.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2017, 07:15:59 pm »

Sarge takes the rifle and gives it a once over. He is not amused.

"What is this? What the fuck is this? I asked you for a good old fashioned American firearm, and you give me this overengineered kraut piece of shit! I swear to the good lord in heaven, abu hajaar, if we weren't knee deep in Charlie's shithole I would make you do pushups until you pass out right now."

Halfway through his little rant, he looks up from the kraut rifle and sees Abu walk off to take cover.

"Rifleman, I like the way you think, but DON'T YOU DARE IGNORE ME!"

Go take cover together with Abu Hajaar and also watch the situation unfold.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2017, 07:20:30 pm »

Use a classic invisible thing-hunting trick- spread flour throughout the air so that it will stick to/be moved by invisible things, enabling us to see them.

Then head up to the next floor, or go down to the cellar if we're on the top floor.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2017, 08:41:20 pm »

Ride over to the end of the catwalk (heh) and jump off towards the man at 5-6, then punch him. Have my tiger take out the other one.

((Maybe I should just have the tiger walk menacingly towards them? Can enemies get freaked out enough to run away?))

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 08:47:50 pm by Rautherdir »

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 18, 2017, 02:09:26 am »

Go down and look if i can get into the basement
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 114