Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Imperial Commander ooc/ sign up.  (Read 6822 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Commander ooc/ sign up.
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2017, 03:37:14 pm »

Have: Homeworld and gear picks.

Get: Pre existing tech in tech list means you have easier time with said fields. Also can add more with ease.

Earn: The others if you guys want. Be warned, something's do have cons.

Example: Battle Spheres take *forever* to build and count as a planet ( why halo worlds can support them.)

Jump Drive: It's really fast, really random and end up in our version of the warp! ( Meaning I roll per warp to see if type six enemy spawns. Stop rolling when/if it happens.)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2017, 03:39:17 pm »

So we get BONUSES to working on all those tech fields?
EDIT: Just so you know, I'm leaving now, so don't be surprised if I don't reply til late tonight/tomorrow sometime.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2017, 03:42:00 pm »

All you have you work without penalty. Not a bonus to result. Just no penalty. It depends on what your design is for rolls.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2017, 03:46:33 pm »

Wait, so if I rolled a 6 for a design in one of those categories, I could get ANYTHING done, perfectly? No matter how ridiculous? Because it sounds to me like you're saying that having that tech "archived" (Not sure why you chose that word) erases all penalties/negative modifiers on the roll, such as those acquired through doing something difficult.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2017, 03:50:36 pm »

It depends on what it is. Something's that are too hax will not be perfected ( Like no gravity weapons, anti matter Cones, or Those lines) not at first anyway. But given the tech list you guys start off with crazy amounts of toys. Which will be displayed, with time.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 04:13:48 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2017, 05:10:05 pm »

Basic weaponary and stuff a subtle for everyone ( without bonus gear picks.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2017, 07:14:20 pm »

As for vehicles. Tanks are moderate.
Mecha are expensive
Power Armor is 40k style and very expensive.

Flight suits are very expensive too and currently available for Air Force users.

Hover craft is currently boards, which are expensive, fast but lightly armored.

Your first line of defense is durasteel, which is totsntium but cheaper.

But not going into too much detail as with Arms race, you guys get to now do designingvstuff. I just provide friendly and non friendly npcs.

*will start plot if more pic commanders appear.*

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2017, 09:06:17 pm »

I'd recommend getting rid of "Very Cheap" (moving everything in the VC category to "Cheap") and renaming "Moderate" Expense to "Normal" Expense, and adding "Very Expensive" and "Unique" as even higher levels of expense.

Anyway, I was bored, so I wrote up basic descriptions of all the stuff in that spoiler, and formatted it to a tighter standard.
Things marked ?? are things that weren't specifically mentioned but seemed logical to start with, tried to keep everything balanced and with lots of room to improve.

And finished! Critiques welcomed and expected, especially from the GM.

I might cover spacecraft weapons later, not going to right now.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:46:05 pm by Madman198237 »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2017, 09:47:43 am »

Note: Excellent write up. Heavy weapons including machine guns are available with the Heavy Weapons perk. ( As it makes squads carry bigger guns on regular basis to be more indecent from armor.)

As for lasers: Waa mixing the lasers of Dune and 40k together. As in 40k they can blow a mans arm off at the shoulder and is still a weak weapon compared to other stuff.

In Dune, laser guns burn to point blood vessels near the wound explode violently and super heat the. Lasers tend to make red smoke/mist from said wounds for some gruesome death dealing. Maybe not a pistol, but rifle and cannon is a definite.

But yes Madman you did a great job.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:26:59 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2017, 12:46:14 pm »

Basically, I wanted to leave more room for tech to grow. I don't know if that's what you were thinking of having, but having a laser hot enough to superheat and explode flesh from the start is kinda...pointless. It makes the AR part of the game a waste of time, since we've got so many INSANELY powerful techs to start with.

As a general rule, lasers are an all-around weapon, ballistics are specialized...somewhat. It should also be based on preference, because this seems like a rather open-ended sci-fi. Ballistics are good for equipping larger numbers of troops, and they're better at dealing with antilaser armor (Armor coated with some sort of paint or metal that reflects ALL laser-useable wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation), and make superior artillery pieces. Lasers hurt people with body armor more (By actually blasting off some armor with each hit).

Crap, out of time, will post more opinions later.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2017, 12:51:11 pm »

Remember: Your dealing with up to seven "different" types of enemies. Meaning some damage may not work on one type, but on another.

And in 40k las Guns despite that strong are considered weak. Because what they are shooting have anti laser or just a tad tougher than human to deal with.

Edit: Remember, you guys have not even fought anything yet. And the rebels if they come to play? They have all your tools too. (Starting stuff) so you will be fighting potential equals.

And the other enemies? Depends on the die.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:32:22 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2017, 02:09:15 pm »

First 3 NPC commanders.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2017, 04:32:36 pm »

Is it too late to change my character to Headstrong? Actually, first, does Headstrong give additional tactics points (Since you're on the field and stuff)?

I'm probably going to change my name to be actually, you know, original as well. Well, mostly original.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2017, 04:34:36 pm »

Head Strong gives you better die roll modifiers in the field of battle your in. If on a ground mission, you and your operatives get it. Or in a space/fleet situation? Everyone in your fleet is more competent/etc.

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2017, 10:51:01 pm »

Commander Name: Edward "Fox" Golding
Portrait

Unit Name: 182nd Asrilian Areo-Cav, aka "Foxhounds"

Commander Mindset:Maverick

Starting Tactics: