Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: Power and Pulse: Crimson Sky  (Read 37079 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2017, 11:52:23 pm »

It's been three days without any activity, and the game has not even started yet. I've seen it happen before for various reasons. I at least want proof that he's still alive!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2017, 12:00:41 am »

I'm alive. Happy?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2017, 12:17:51 am »

For at least two more days, yes.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2017, 07:21:00 am »

I'll find something else to piss you off over, too, if you don't get crack-a-lacklin', yo.

Just kidding, I'll probably piss you off accidentally anyway. So, whatever.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2017, 10:36:02 am »

Egan, if I'm reading correctly, Mages dont have to actually kill pilots at all in order to get killbonuses. We can steal their mech to much the same result. Is that correct?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2017, 11:57:42 am »

That is true. After all, there's nothing magical about the pilots themselves.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2017, 02:08:13 pm »

I look forward to turn 0 as well. Is there anything in particular you're waiting for to post it? If so, would you be willing to post a Turn -1 so that the separate teams can RP and interact with each other en-route to the actual game start region? Gives us a chance to flesh out our characters backgrounds, personal interests, and personalities, and how our teams will be interacting internally, as well as building player investment in their character, making them less a stat block and more a person.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2017, 03:05:54 pm »

...Yes, that's a good idea. Right now I'm not waiting on anyone but myself, but a turn -1 is simple enough to post right now, from my phone. :P

At the moment, both teams are traveling towards Danei, a smaller village on the side of a lake, and a few miles from the Rose's Relief's landing site. The mechs will have a shorter journey through some woods, while the mages will  have a longer, multi-day travel along a paved road. The mages left much earlier and will have been in Danei for at least a day before mechs arrive.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2017, 03:28:33 pm »

Quick follow-up question. if Tanya selfshifts to add minor fox-features (ears, tail, etc) can she maintain those indefinately since they are directly in line with her Spirit Animal and she's a spiritual selfshifter? and as a lightshifter how long can she maintain invisibility on, say, just her weapons and ammunition? So she can seem unarmed when she's actually not?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2017, 03:40:56 pm »

Those will last a short amount of time, disappearing once you reach 0 mana. It'll only take you a moment to get your mana back so you can resume the effect, however.
In general, no power will drain your mana faster or slower than any other, it's a constant rate of 1 mana/turn, regardless of if you're making a knife invisible or throwing seven halbard at someone's face. The only exception is stuff big enough to require a Push, which you do not want to use casually.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2017, 03:45:20 pm »

So how long does 3 mana last? Since it's basically a *doing magic* / *not doing magic* toggle, with 75% uptime, knowing how long the max period is could be rather useful.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2017, 03:50:18 pm »

Hmm. I'll say that three turns is three minutes outside combat, for simplicity's sake. IN combat, a turn is a fucky amount of time in which a speeding missile might travel a meter in bullettime while simultaneously a human runs a half mile.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Power and Pulse: Turn 0
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2017, 05:22:52 pm »

Mission 1, Turn 0

Malcolm, X4, Arturus, Ferrus, and Aigresaur:
Yall are camped in a small clearing a short distance from Danei, having stopped to decide how to approach the village. Right now you're to the west of the village, which is bound by forest to the west and east, the lake to the south, and a steep cliff that rises to the north. If you decide to circle around approach from that direction, you all could drop down fairly easily, though a Titan dropping from that height would kick up some large clots of dirt, which could conceivably cause some damage and would certainly not be a subtle action. Once at the bottom of that cliff, only a Hardsuit would be able to ascend it quickly. Also accompanying you is a small contingent of 10 soldiers, lead by Captain Zrand, who technically outranks you. For now, he's staying silent and letting you figure out what to do, though he says he's going to take his soldiers in from the west regardless, as none of them can drop safely from a cliff or walk along the bottom of the lake.

Donnel, Tanya, Thomas, and Malabus:
You've arrived in Danei, to prepare for an expedition to investigate the ship that's landed to the west of here. You've been treated hospitably, and are the only mages here, though you swear the Chief can look into your soul. You were going to leave for the ship today, but you've heard some big mechanical stomping to the west, which seems like a more immediate concern. It seems prudent to defend the village in case whatever's making that stomping is hostile. Though your mission is to gather information, so if the town is lost, it would be better to flee to Xeniga than die here.

If any of you wish to do something sneaky, either put your action in a spoiler with instructions for your fellow players not to read it, or send it to me via PM with the subject "Re: Power and Pulse". You may post an action in the thread while also sending a separate action via PM, if you wish to be particularly sneaky.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 05:24:44 pm by Egan_BW »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: Turn 0
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2017, 06:26:18 pm »

"I think we should prepare the village to evacuate. Whatever made that sound is definitely capable of tearing this place to shreds."
attempt to organize some evacuation if the village chief allows it. Better safe than sorry.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22