Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [OOC] [9/10 Players]  (Read 12678 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [OOC] [9/10 Players]
« on: October 14, 2017, 02:21:01 pm »

Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth

For most of human history, heroes have fought in the darkness and secrecy to protect the world from evils beyond its very reckoning, the dawn prevailing against the night every single time. In every world, in every time, even in the most unlikely ways, heroes have come to save the world from those who would oppress it; heroism can never abandon the Earth's future.

The world presses on ever-onwards to greater heights, with ever-greater evils emerging to cast the world into utter ruin....

.....and ever-greater heroes rising to save it.

Where are you?
You are residents of the Special Administrative District of Minatodai, Japan. Close enough to Tokyo's larger metropolitan area for swift commute and far enough to avoid the atmosphere, Minatodai consists of the cities of Touto, Seito and Hokuto, a coastal city and two island cities linked in a massive metropolitan area on the east coast of Japan. You will most likely be residents of Touto, the largest city.

It is an experiment in cultural exchange; Japan, wishing to take in new ideas after decades of relative insularity, has taken ideas from Silicon Valley and invited domestic and foreign talent alike to live in Minatodai to create a new technological centre of the world. As such, there are as many foreigners as there are Japanese here.

It's new, it's flashy and the most multicultural place in all of Japan; you're as likely to see a Burger King as you are a traditional street stall selling noodles, and as likely to see a Western-style house as you are traditional Japanese architecture. Transport is state-of-the-art, schools are great and the District grows with each passing day. The future looks bright in Minatodai District.....

....except for the regular Zoanthrope attacks, attacks made by animalistic monsters that seem completely unreal, that have kicked up in the last few months. Becoming a national problem, the Zoanthropes have been the target of a governmental initiative to get to the bottom of the problem. Aside from that, of course, the future is bright; at least, you'll ensure it will be.

Who are you?
You are (or soon will be) Heroes, enhanced humans, whether blessed by the gods, by magic, by technology, by something else or some mixture of the former options. Either way, you can transform into a different form for battle; mostly magical girls (as the title goes), though other types of heroes are encouraged.

You will be hunting the Zoanthropes, monsters made from the unholy fusion of magic and technology, to protect Touto's people from the monsters of the night, both literal and figurative.

What is this?
Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth is, in essence, a reboot of the Rise of the Magic Girls series of roleplays started by scapheap. Unlike earlier attempts which tried to go with a darker atmosphere, Rebirth will try to be relentlessly optimistic; even in the darkest times, the dawn is not far beyond the horizon. This will be dispensing with the lore of the original to go with a completely new story, though there are connections to the original and shout-outs (as well as to everything else ever).

Where do I sign up?
Copy out the sheet template below and make your sheet. You have until the 1st of November (so most of a month) to make a sheet. Be warned that there are only eight slots for this game and it will NOT be first-come-first-serve; I will judge sheets based on the quality of the sheets and how you are as a roleplayer. Veterans of the older RotMG games are not guaranteed slots for this one, so newbies are always welcomed. There may be an extra slot opened if I think there's too many good sheets, but don't hold your breath.

Spoiler: System (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Discord
IC Thread
Credits:
Empiricist and KingMurdoc for assisting with the system and giving advice.
AoshimaMichio for the roll system
KosherKitten for the stat system.
scapheap for the original concept.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 04:16:47 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [OOC] [0/8 Players] [Recruiting]
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 02:21:51 pm »

NPC Sheets:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 10:48:42 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 02:22:14 pm »

Bestiary:
-
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 02:46:54 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 02:23:20 pm »

reserved
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 02:30:09 pm »

what a fresh new concept

« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 06:21:34 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 02:33:49 pm »

Here's my sheet!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 05:40:32 pm by DragonRage »
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 04:27:23 pm »

eat my shorts
thincake

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 06:10:27 pm »

[screams in weeaboo]

Spoiler: 2814 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 10:09:35 am by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 08:24:31 pm »

PTW. The game mechanics seem really interesting. I'm in too many games to join right now, but I may consider joining in the future.
Insert witty signature here

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 08:37:05 pm »

Not too sure of my skill at RP, but I'm willing to give it my best shot! If you would have this newbie, that is (obviously pending me submitting a sheet of sufficient quality, of course).

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 08:43:04 pm »

« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 03:52:45 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2017, 08:47:08 pm »

I'mma just PTW here
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2017, 09:03:06 pm »

*shrug* I think I'll maybe try this out. Post reserved for sheet.... number 4 I think? Yeah, that sounds right.

EDIT: Here it is. :D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT2: Upon reading the review, Ash Hong is canceled. I had too many ideas behind this character, and character creation just doesn't have what I'd need for him without me having quite a few more stat points to spread around, which of course would be unfair to you guys. Go look for Octavian Grey; he's my new character.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 08:14:34 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2017, 10:44:48 pm »

PTW and Sheet soon. Hopefully.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5