Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38

Author Topic: Procedurally Generated Mafia- GAME OVER MAFIA WIN  (Read 76051 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia- D5 All out of juice
« Reply #495 on: November 22, 2017, 02:04:32 pm »

We have NOT come back to the random stage, there is more public information than at any other point in the game, for one thing. So we need to go back through the thread and look really hard at people's behaviour.

There is at least one MAFIA, according to Starver's actually pretty helpful list:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=167866.msg7612438#msg7612438

I doubt that there are two mafia, otherwise town would likely have lost, but it is a possibility. Someone is certainly still nightkilling out there. MYLO if there's one person who can kill at night, ignoring other possible abilities. LYLO if there's two, but they can force a mislynch anyway, so neh...

Regarding not lynching, don't see why we'd particularly want to lose a townie... I guess it makes it a 1/3 gamble. But it gives a bigger voice to the killer: both people have to be right. Eh, I guess you need >2 people to be right anyway, otherwise a self-assured townie could force a mislynch to prevent someone they thought was town dying...

Bah, cooler heads than mine can work this one out. I say we scumhunt, find the scum, lynch them. Just like yesterday.
One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 22, 2017, 03:53:11 pm »

I went through the entire thread. It didn't take long, as all the big talkers are dead.

Still think Silthuri, though. Persus is a bit null but playing reasonably. Bit quite, but who isn't. Silth... gut says less good.

Also, anyone care to comment on this?

You picked ONE of the questions and ignored the rest, even though knowing who has kills is effing important because the scum cannot get them. Multiple kills for the bad dudes is something we don't want.

Somehow this feels especially odd to me, this specific part. I'm not really sure what Silth is saying: do we want public knowledge of who has kills? It seemed like King gave public knowledge then lost the kill right away (but to Tiruin). Eh... spins my head.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 22, 2017, 07:08:38 pm »

I may as well claim, since nothing else is going on.

I'm a survivor. What are folks willing to do in order for me to side with you?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #498 on: November 22, 2017, 08:10:31 pm »

Silthuri, because if he flips town, I will hit Perseus with laser-guided, kerosene-fueled, kamikazi justice.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #499 on: November 22, 2017, 08:12:42 pm »

I'll also claim town.

(50% of players claim = massclaim?)
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 22, 2017, 08:28:24 pm »

Silthuri, because if he[...]
Sil is the other girl in this game other than me. :P Double bah, but this is totally out of context.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 22, 2017, 09:41:50 pm »

Apologies for being absent. Been stressed about school shenanigans, relationships and the upcoming turkey day. Pfp and very sleepy

I'll admit my reasoning may not be best when it comes to the kills, but always knowing where the kills are would be helpful should more people start dying.  That and possible blockers could block them, investigative roles like lookout (in town of Salem. Again, my logic is probs off) could see who targeted them to possibly steal the kill which could give us a lead in finding scum. Given the shenanigans in this game, this isn't the best course of action but initially it deemed like a decent enough plan given the leads I had. And tbh most of my ideas with that are WIFOM as hell, but again, it seemed like a decent idea at the  time.

So njw I believe you already had issues with this post before. Why didn't you press my logic on kills in your initial critique if it warrants a vote now? How does this paragraph make me more scummy than the person claiming survivor?

And as for claiming, I'm town. I have no offensive ability. Just an investigative ability and a swap ability which I've had since I replaced in.

Not game related, but still.
Silthuri, because if he[...]
Sil is the other girl in this game other than me. :P Double bah, but this is totally out of context.
Thanks tiru! But yes. Am rare internet grill.

And I do prefer Sil as opposed to Silth if y'all don't mind.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 23, 2017, 08:48:20 am »

And I do prefer Sil as opposed to Silth if y'all don't mind.
Ghostly apologies drift in from across the mortal veil.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 23, 2017, 11:35:09 am »

I may as well claim, since nothing else is going on.

Very interesting. So would the game end if only you and town were left? Do we know that scum remains?
Siding with town would be a good plan if we have no reason to kill you, though scum could tie the vote, nightkill town, and win with you. Then again  kingawesume threatens to sic yet another mutant pirhana on you (where does he find those things?) if you misbehave to him in some way, so perhaps king would be a good ally. I think he's town.
Ehm, waitasec, is survivor evgn a thing this game?

@sil, it doesn't warrant a vote now. I voted you because after a reread, you still seemed the best lynch candidate. The survivor thing is a curveball though, I may need to think again. Or I may not, I haven't thought that through yet. I can go into reads, but they're the old combination of postcount, gut tell, usefulness and random irrational prejudices you use with insufficient information.

Why didn't I discuss the oddness before? Because I didn't see it. I'm certainly going to have to look more at that post, it feels information rich somehow.

I'll also claim town.

(50% of players claim = massclaim?)
what

You're claiming town?

This is... Possibly not unheard of?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 23, 2017, 01:08:32 pm »

NJW extended. Day ends in 30 hours.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 23, 2017, 07:03:54 pm »

Quote from: op
No player has to survive the game to win.

Ehm. I was posting from phone first time I saw this, but what the fuck?

Like, I'm a bit too tipsy to deal with this right now, but what the fuck giuse? Do we just lynch him now? Is this like a play to just screw with our heads? I wanted to kill Sil... would a serial killer want to kill themselves so a higher chance of everyone else dying including mafia, is this Persus' game? Are there two mafia and one wanta die and thats persus?

How am I the first person to check this, it being 11:59 and me not whooly compos mentis? Like what

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #506 on: November 23, 2017, 08:04:12 pm »

Woah...

Shit got heavy.

I say we back off Perseus, and get Sil. If she flips town, I'll... be royally fucked.
If she flips maf, still fucked, but at least the town wins.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 23, 2017, 08:23:07 pm »

Pfp too much to eat and am tired as hell. Happy thanksgiving to anyone here that celebrates it.

King, you're being weird. Why are you so insistent on lynching me? Wait... Did you prime persus and plan on killing him tonight regardless of my flip? Why the concern for yourself over town winning? Fucked you will be, but isn't town winning a good thing AMD something to strive for? Do you even really care if I'm town at this point.

I did not remember that in the op.  How would the SKs win? They would have to survive to the end right? Ugh this is confusing and I need a nap.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 24, 2017, 03:08:08 am »

Persus, you got some serious explaining to do. Why the falseclaim?

The SKs would win by killing everyone else, or somesuch, if they don't need to survive.

King, I'd be happy to kill both people ASAP - if you're scum, well done mate, you've played better than half the town. So if you've primed one of 'em, I'd be willing to follow your lead. Scum can't kill both of us, as demonstrated here.

NQT: We would prefer to know the order of action resolution in public tanks :3

Actions all happen at the same time, but when there's a direct conflict, it'd be resolved in this way:

Redirect (redirects can be delayed, blocked, but a redirector can redirect their blocker)
Delay
Block
Gift (i.e. players have their gifted powers before other actions on them trigger.)
Frame
Save, Inform, Census, Trick, Poison, Prime etc.
Mimic
Investigate
Swaps process after the ability has been use (i.e swaps never block a power being used)
Kills kill the target at the end of the night (i.e. it won't stop a power being used). Ignition triggers before other kinds of death.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 24, 2017, 08:35:37 am »

Would like to know how things stand with your ability to take people out. Ideally, I'd have both sil and persus dead by tomorrow if we don't win before then, but whatever goes on with your kill, I think we should use the lynch.

Wait, have you been primed? Because then lynching town could kill everyone in the game by tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38