Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 48

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 3: GAME OVER(about time, too).  (Read 75991 times)

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(10/11): Day 2: Two Dead, Ten Living, One Replaced
« Reply #330 on: January 18, 2018, 09:21:23 am »

I dunno, hilarity ensues doesn't seem to have done much, I don't think Boring but Practical is going to swing the game much in anybody's favor.

If juicebox is town, I believe I know who the mafia are.
Who? Please say it, we are probably still going to lynch you and if you flip town this info could be useful tomorrow.

Yes Max, please elaborate. I'd like to know what your theory is before possibly getting lynched over it

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 18, 2018, 09:31:40 am »

So everyone else: who's your #2 pick for scum today? Mine is Moony, as I have good reason to believe they killed me last night.
I'm looking at Moony's interactions, and at the start he's all 'ok what do .-.;' which seems believable...
Requesting a vote count please.

MoonyTheHuman, why did you choose to kill me last night? Think before you try and deny it.
I dunno. That was last guy's decision. I had no role in the kill. However, the kill WAS accidental. The previous guy did not intend to kill you. Glad you're alive, otherwise vilteam would be even more fucked.
But fun stuff. In all my Mafia game knowledge--a replacement ONLY replaces in on Mod confirmation. Moony seemed to replace after the night, validating his note on you :v

Now what's this vilteam you speak of?
And how can someone NOT INTEND to kill a guy when they explicitly PM the mod, "KILL {THIS NAME HERE}" or something :V

I would say my second pick is RGU because he made me Canadian until I learned it was part of Hilarity Ensues and people got a laugh out of it I bet :v
But in all seriousness, I've got town-leaning reads on RGU and Tawa, king and the rest I'll detail tomorrow if I can (hallo 13 hour busyday :v), since day ends in my Saturday anyway.

Quote from: With memory that there is a cult in game, it isn't the binary town/scum slider of scumminess/leaningness now
(0) *Maximum Spin -- pretty much got cultist'd by Tawa. Claimed he's a lie detector [of which I still have no idea on what that does, since nobody detailed anything]; claimed he has scummy suspects; claimed many things indirectly. :P Claimed he has an auto revive; claimed to be miller-cultist.
(0) *notquitethere -- got BHK'd like me, and given BHK's details (he PM'd me too), I'm willing to believe more in his town-sidedness given how he's been acting all this game.
(0) *kingawsume -- same with RGU, must read up more on. I recall he's connected with several people by interaction though, before.
(0) *Tiruin -- Hi I'm Tiruin.
(0) *Silthuri -- She kidnapped Imic last night; noting that there were 2 kills last night and one is from Gigla, Gigla got boop'd on the nose. This makes Imic seem more town-sided because he got 'cult talked'. I've no idea if Mafia can be cult-converted as this is a BYOR game. Unless they're tied together or whatever, she's confirming non-cult.
(0) *randomgenericusername -- he hilarity'd me. leaning neutral till I read more.
(0) *MoonyTheHuman -- Was GigaGiant, I looked nicely upon GigaGiant before.
(0) *Tawa -- Claimed Detective (...Cop sounds a lot better :v) on Maximum Spin, D2. Really willing to believe he's town, or he's driving a hard bargain at this point. Or is cult leader. :V
(0) *juicebox -- He's my #2 after Maximum, as an answer to NQT's query. Seems to have 3 four posts because I got PPE'd, and all seem to not be proactive? 1; 2; 3; 4
(0) *Imic -- See: Silthuri.

juicebox: Before Tawa's post (leading to your first post)--did you have ANYONE in mind or what your first post would've been?

I dunno, hilarity ensues doesn't seem to have done much, I don't think Boring but Practical is going to swing the game much in anybody's favor.

If juicebox is town, I believe I know who the mafia are.
Who? Please say it, we are probably still going to lynch you and if you flip town this info could be useful tomorrow.

Yes Max, please elaborate. I'd like to know what your theory is before possibly getting lynched over it
I'd like to know basically everything you got to help your team :P You're pretty much on the chopping block here, Max. :-\ But I digress.

Tawa: What do you think regarding Max' claim of Auto Revive?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 18, 2018, 09:35:10 am »

I'm somewhat worried Boring But Practical may backfire; It may be practical for the Mafia not us.
Can't leave anything out of the realms of possibility in a trope based game.

The rocks may be useless, but that means they're safe.
« Last Edit: Today at 09:15:36 am by MoonyTheHuman »
Ayyy :v
Be glad I nearly forgot that I was posting from 2 tabs with this one saving your ORIGINAL POST here.

I'm somewhat worried Boring But Practical may backfire; It may be practical for the Mafia not us.
Trope-sided-faction-stuff isn't what I'm predicting y'know. :P Because that's pretty weird to assume.

I mean how can that be practical 'for the Mafia' in anycase? Town > Mafia, always. If otherwise, game = lost.

Also now with that edit, I'm finding that idea being persuasive, although I find that the earlier it is unleashed, the better. We're facing BOTH cult and Mafia here. V:

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 18, 2018, 09:37:26 am »

We could be facing a lot of third - parties here.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 18, 2018, 09:41:20 am »

Statements like these do not help my uncertainty that you're actually cult, y'know. :v
...Was there a reason for this or are you thinking out loud?

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #335 on: January 18, 2018, 09:43:16 am »

The action has a Chance to kill, but otherwise has a highly beneficial effect.
Sadly, He got unlucky and got the kill result.

The rocks may be useless, but that means they're safe.
« Last Edit: Today at 09:15:36 am by MoonyTheHuman »
Ayyy :v
Be glad I nearly forgot that I was posting from 2 tabs with this one saving your ORIGINAL POST here.

Trope-sided-faction-stuff isn't what I'm predicting y'know. :P Because that's pretty weird to assume.

I mean how can that be practical 'for the Mafia' in anycase? Town > Mafia, always. If otherwise, game = lost.

Also now with that edit, I'm finding that idea being persuasive, although I find that the earlier it is unleashed, the better. We're facing BOTH cult and Mafia here. V:

Vilteam as in Town. I normally play the Werewolf variation of Mafia, so expect lingo and terms from Werewolf, alongside a slightly different mindset (I play on the ##werewolf IRC channel on Freenode, which is fast paced and has variable rules and roles, but is still fairly predictable due to it being ran by a bot)

And thats a good point, forgot about that while making my decision. I see the point here. Boring But Practical

Statements like these do not help my uncertainty that you're actually cult, y'know. :v

I don't think he's wrong, just so you know. This game has no master role list or something like that, we are entirely in the unknown on the possibilities.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 18, 2018, 09:55:10 am »

This is a BYOR, I'm extremely worried that we're going to have to kill half the players off if the town's to win, since I would not be surprised if a lot of people took up third party roles, if not actually mafia ones.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 18, 2018, 10:00:15 am »

This is a BYOR, I'm extremely worried that we're going to have to kill half the players off if the town's to win, since I would not be surprised if a lot of people took up third party roles, if not actually mafia ones.
Hum! :vc

If that's your reasoning, I am fairly sure it's not the case. Otherwise: Is that the reasoning you've had ever since?! Anyway:

FallacyOfUrist: Does the role submission before anything affect anything? Like, for example--I was to not necessarily submit 'vigilante', but 'hitman', would that have affected anything on your part in determining other role characteristics such as abilities or alignment?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 18, 2018, 10:03:45 am »

I'm just paranoid since this is a BYOR.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #339 on: January 18, 2018, 10:05:57 am »

I'm just paranoid since this is a BYOR.
I don't blame Imic for being paranoid. I'm just as paranoid as him (if not more), due to this being my first ever BYOR game.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 18, 2018, 11:25:12 am »

I wouldn't be paranoid. I submitted something that could very easily be interpreted as third-party, and got a town alignment. It's probable that the alignments are still pretty balanced. In fact, for all the evidence I have, it's possible that there aren't any third parties.

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #341 on: January 18, 2018, 11:25:58 am »

Said Cthulu :P
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 18, 2018, 11:27:53 am »

[wibbly tentacles]

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 18, 2018, 11:57:19 am »

Moony, I'm still not 100% convinced you don't just have the scumkill, but it seems like an overly bold ploy to admit to killing in that way.

I think our best bet is still to lynch Max today. The fact that Imic says there was a cultist, and Max has been inspected as a cultist shouldn't be ignore and Max isn't exactly offering an alternative case to the town. I'm happy to go ahead and hammer now unless anyone else has questions they need to get through. As ever, mafia is a game and games shouldn't drag on longer than they need to.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #344 on: January 18, 2018, 12:06:46 pm »

From my readthrough, Maximum Spin does seem to be a suspect enough to be hammerable. He hasn't yet given us a clear answer on WHY he has a cult reading, and alongside that, He's Cthulu of all things. He almost definitely has a cult following.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 48