Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If given the choice between this game and another game run by me... What would you want?

I still like Gridhood Bay12 edition despite its shortcomings
- 13 (81.3%)
The Gridland Survival sequel thing
- 2 (12.5%)
Fleshmancy! (It would require a smaller playerbase however)
- 1 (6.3%)
An RPG game about players being demigods.
- 0 (0%)
Something else
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 70

Author Topic: Gridhood: Bay12 edition. Its definitely dead now.  (Read 90932 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Bay12 edition
« Reply #420 on: April 27, 2018, 04:21:08 pm »

Is this OK for a plan?
Include your civ name. Everyone else has given exact pop numbers for actions (starting number is 5 if that hasn't gone up). Farms cost 10 labor to complete.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 27, 2018, 04:24:27 pm »

A civilian can only do one thing at a time. Its research OR working. (adding new civilians is the only exception so far)

Foraging a tile is legal, but you can only forage for food right now. Nothing a bit of research cannot fix.

One last thing. Please don't say things like "Half our population" or "A thrid of the population". Please specify the amount as an integer. Example: "2 people go to forage on tile H1" (In case you didn't fully read the first post, you start with 5 people).

And yes, include the Civ name. (sorry for nitpicking so much, but some of these rules exist to ensure game updates go smoothly)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 27, 2018, 04:28:06 pm »

The patterian minds act
2 people start building a farm at H1
1 person makes a junk tool H1
1 person forages at H1
1 person prays to Snag (fill out your end of the deal)
Our people will give prayer to those who give us stuff, a tile with some form of magic at G1 will ensure our worship, unless you are a god of cats

How about now?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 07:23:27 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 27, 2018, 04:37:45 pm »

Our people will give prayer to those who give us stuff, a tile with some form of magic at G1 will ensure our worship, unless you are a god of cats

You do realize that that's pretty much asking for a liquid nitrogen volcano being placed on your home, right?
it's over

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 27, 2018, 04:42:41 pm »

You do realize that that's pretty much asking for a liquid nitrogen volcano being placed on your home, right?
I have contingencies, part of why I am researching writing and set up where I did, plus I think that Blarg, snag and basically everyone else will be P**sed if the tabby trio turns another area into a wasteland, plus if they ask nicely and stop trying to nuke the Silva I may worship them, otherwise if they interfere, well then I will just have to dig up those old research files on god-killing weaponry, and counter godly interference monoliths. Plus I always did want to research pyromancy...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 04:46:24 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 27, 2018, 04:45:12 pm »

The tabby trio will be forced to change their ways unless they want to fade away to nothingness, since gods no longer passively regen 1 FP.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 27, 2018, 04:58:20 pm »

2 research basic weapons
I can't have an isolationist militarist on my doorstep.

If you research this, I will attack.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 27, 2018, 05:07:19 pm »

2 research basic weapons

Consider that they are next to the oldest and largest civilization who just threatened them. Withdraw the threat and leave them alone and you will get along fine, just don't retaliate, that will just escalate it, and whatever you do do not get foknor involved, they will likely call on some other god or group of them and then the situation will just escalate further. It is like in the game first strike or the movie wargames, the winning move in an arms race is not to play. If you want them to pray to foknor then bribe them and give them some sort of trade agreement.
My Power armor arms race

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 27, 2018, 05:12:16 pm »

2 research basic weapons

Consider that they are next to the oldest and largest civilization who just threatened them. Withdraw the threat and leave them alone and you will get along fine, just don't retaliate, that will just escalate it, and whatever you do do not get foknor involved, they will likely call on some other god or group of them and then the situation will just escalate further. It is like in the game first strike or the movie wargames, the winning move in an arms race is not to play. If you want them to pray to foknor then bribe them and give them some sort of trade agreement.
I tried that. I wanted a trading partner to deal with mining. They didn't want to trade for tools, researching them on their own. They preferred to forage from an inhospitable desert over aligning to my god and foraging from a fertile plain. I will settle for not having the first weapons in the game researched by someone who has no-one to use them on other than me.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Bay12 edition. Its only just now getting good!
« Reply #429 on: April 27, 2018, 05:20:17 pm »

I tried that. I wanted a trading partner to deal with mining. They didn't want to trade for tools, researching them on their own. They preferred to forage from an inhospitable desert over aligning to my god and foraging from a fertile plain. I will settle for not having the first weapons in the game researched by someone who has no-one to use them on other than me.
Alright I was wrong I would still recommend keeping Forknor out of it though. Also that reminds me
Cultivating of beans how about we come to a preemptive agreement, a non aggression pact at the very least, also I would be willing to give you writing when I get over there in exchange for research on the will o the wisps, I will also pray to Blarg if that is the only way to reach an agreement, but then Blarg must agree to at some point soon place protection on my home tile.
My Power armor arms race

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 27, 2018, 05:51:07 pm »

Auze, I'm worried about your isolationism and researching weapons.
I'm behind on tech, and a larger population is needed to speed up. But I need food to sustain the larger pop, so I plan on getting hunting.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 27, 2018, 05:56:48 pm »

I'm behind on tech, and a larger population is needed to speed up. But I need food to sustain the larger pop, so I plan on getting hunting.
Then research hunting and basic hunting equipment, you nearly kicked off grid war two... And even if that is honestly why you are researching weapons the nirii are still going to freak out, along with everyone else on the continent.
My Power armor arms race

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 27, 2018, 05:58:13 pm »

Forknor is giving you fruitful plains, and farming is unlocked. Building a farm is more efficient and significantly less worrisome than researching two techs along a martial path for food.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 27, 2018, 07:10:57 pm »

DGRwhatever, if you worship me this turn, I'll make sure to protect your home next turn.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 27, 2018, 07:13:36 pm »

I am a bit busy doing other things so prayer is not a priority, within the next few turns I will pray to you.
But on second thought i can spare you one person...
Also here are my list of priorities,
1. food
2. abacus and writing
3. foraging other resources
4. building
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 07:26:58 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 70