Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If given the choice between this game and another game run by me... What would you want?

I still like Gridhood Bay12 edition despite its shortcomings
- 13 (81.3%)
The Gridland Survival sequel thing
- 2 (12.5%)
Fleshmancy! (It would require a smaller playerbase however)
- 1 (6.3%)
An RPG game about players being demigods.
- 0 (0%)
Something else
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 70

Author Topic: Gridhood: Bay12 edition. Its definitely dead now.  (Read 91221 times)

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
Re: Gridhood: Bay12 edition
« Reply #405 on: April 26, 2018, 10:40:37 pm »

Give 5 FP to KittyTac
You know how to use it.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 26, 2018, 10:46:43 pm »

Give 5 FP to KittyTac
You know how to use it.

Remember, its not a valid action if a player does not include their civilization or god name in the post.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 26, 2018, 11:04:21 pm »

@Supernerd Here is a list of my ideas for how some things not currently in the game can work.
Structures, additions to the terrain that can be destroyed by godly action or mortal hands, they have various active and passive abilities
Artifacts, they act as one of a kind powerful tools working with most of the same systems, they can level up and may have abilities
Heroes, people with divine blessings, or artifacts, their stats and potentially inventories aretracked, powerful-ish (necessitated by certain powerful artifacts, it was going to probably come up eventually)
Quests, reduces the cost of placing, interactive tiles, artifacts and structures, but makes it so civilizations have to take actions to activate/release/discover the thing.
As for magic, well I will just run by the things I am going to try and make first, the list is in order of what I will try and make first
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If these ideas are OK then I will sign up as the machine moon, Entity of machines, magic, and eldritch powers.
I will probably ask like this before I make any new magical items to let you set the price and get some forewarning, thankfully the other ideas I have are more new materials and resources than actual magic. Since artifacts/structures are my whole thing can I have them at half price in exchange for any lands I place requiring three times the faith points? Also this isn't me trying to dictate a set of rules, I am just running this by you, as a set of systems that would be greatly appreciated by me, I might still sign up even if all of these ideas are rejected.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 11:08:02 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 26, 2018, 11:27:24 pm »

PTW

I can't believe I didn't realize this existed for so long.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 26, 2018, 11:30:27 pm »

Lets see here...

Things like "Structures" are something that I want to be strictly a civilization thing. Gods can create things like "ruins" but they are classified as terrain which is a totally different thing.

Artifacts may be a thing that can be done, but it is way too early for me to allow them. I wouldn't even consider it before the civilizations are able to produce tools that are actually good.

The quest thing could potentially slow the game update speed too much to implement.

"Non-standard" citizens were actually almost a thing already. I recall saying an interactive tile could make it possible.

Regarding your items in the spoiler...
Item number 1 is obscenely powerful. It might be possible some day with several hundred FP.
Item number 2 would require at least three game mechanics that are not in the game already to work anything at all like what you described. And all three of the game mechanics would have an individual FP cost.
And item number 3 looks more like a reverse interactive tile than an artifact that civilizations can trigger?

You can't just have some things cost less for your god even if it increases the cost of something else. There are some minor "Upgrade" powers you can obtain using FP though, but these are both limited, and things that nobody ever touched before.

When trying to add a new game mechanic, think small.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 27, 2018, 12:04:42 am »

So the main mix-up I saw was a miss-understanding of how I meant for quests to work, basically a god will say some ruin or bonus to a tile has a quest attached to it, this allows them to pay less (up to a certain limit) and put a "quest" marker on where the thing would go, this marker does nothing but allow a civilization to assign a bunch of people to basically forage it, paying out the rest of the cost as time and resources spent by the civilization until the quest is completed, not having its own phase or set of actions one takes. For example let's say I want to make that flower thing and it costs around about 30 fp, but I at the time do not have 30 fp, so i set it as a quest and pay as much as I can/want to above the minimum, in this example twelve, so when the turn is resolved a marker is put down and noted as having 18 tokens left, then the civilization near that tile can invest manpower, time, and tools in an action listed in their thing as "x people go quest for (insert name here)". Then you roll as you would for foraging and see if exceeds the number of tokens, if not then you remove half of what you rolled from the tokens and so on and so forth until the roll exceeds the number of tokens, at which point the tile/whatever goes active and is usable. In other words you are taking out a loan of faithpoints on the tile which a civ can then pay off in order to use it.
As for the rest, number one was meant as a tool to let the silva survive a bit easier, the second I will try to rework to be both less powerful and not require those missing game mechanics, or give it to the silva in it's altered form and give the Arutz a array of shield stones, (magic wall). As for the third I don't get what you mean by a reverse interactive tile? I also understand the reasoning for not decreasing cost, but what are some examples of upgrades?
My Power armor arms race

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 27, 2018, 07:22:10 am »

Blarg creates an ocean on H5 and H6.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 27, 2018, 07:35:33 am »

"Hence why I said, worship us or die."

Felius turns I10 into a completely inhospitable desert (5 FP)

"Okay, trio. We need to extort prayers from the Sylva, or kill them. Either way works."

You're wasting FP, make it a Completely Inhospitable Tundra.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 07:37:49 am by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 27, 2018, 03:29:42 pm »

The Arutz:
2 gather at C4
1 gathers at B4
2 gather at C5
2 research basic weapons construction materials
1 builds junk tool
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 07:35:51 pm by auzewasright »
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 27, 2018, 03:46:28 pm »

I interpreted your second explanation of quests pretty much the same way that I interpreted your first one.

So far only one "God Upgrade" has been discovered.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Honestly dgr11897, you seem like you would be better suited to being a civilization player than a god player in my opinion. As a civilization you can just research technology whenever you want to do something new.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 27, 2018, 03:48:04 pm »

Auze, I'm worried about your isolationism and researching weapons.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 27, 2018, 03:49:52 pm »

Fair enough, i shall endeavor to create my civ...
My Power armor arms race

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 27, 2018, 03:58:51 pm »

The patterian minds awaken on square h1, we will not be threatened by the meager cat gods, we will in fact actively deny them faith due to their actions...
Our color is orangered and we are a creative, crablike species who are linked by a network containing multiple hiveminds.
((is this OK?))
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 04:03:39 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 27, 2018, 04:03:54 pm »

It will work. I will mention that the species description would mostly be a flavor text thing though.

You can also take an action on the same turn that you create your civilization, so you can forage food or something.

You're also just asking for trouble from you know who. But there's nothing wrong with a little drama. Heck, that's probably why people still pay attention to this game!

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 27, 2018, 04:14:26 pm »

The patterian minds give our orders to the drones,
Roughly a third of our population stays at H1 half of them setting up a farm and if possible half of them researching writing, another third going to H2 to forage and see if we can find any artifacts, and the last group are going to I1 where half of them will forage and the other half will research fortifying the caves.
Any god that seeks to earn our favor we recommend something of a magical nature on a nearby tile, preferably G1

Is this OK for a plan?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 04:22:09 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 70