Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 181982 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #930 on: March 16, 2020, 11:25:52 pm »

Wizardry had that, but Wizardry was also a lot more fun to explore. Skara Brae is just a maze full of empty houses, and you're probably stuck there for a long time without a walkthrough.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 17, 2020, 04:18:46 am »

Due to a article in Eurogamer
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-02-10-vagrant-story-one-of-the-greatest-jrpgs-ever-turns-20

I (re-)bought Vagrant Story for my Vita, and I must say it has aged very well, - perhaps also because you don't really see the rough textures as much on the minimal screen. But the story, progression and (somewhat silly 'beat a dragon in one chain attack') combat is still solid.
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 17, 2020, 04:56:32 am »

Vagrant Story's weapon system (replace remove parts) is so good. I really wish more games had it. It's simple enough to just do enough and move on and complex enough to spend hours making the best possible gear.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 17, 2020, 09:48:48 am »

Vagrant Story is like, one of my favorite games of all time. Other than the battle system, it's a game I wish someone would remaster/remake.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dakorma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 17, 2020, 03:17:53 pm »

Warsim, I bought it rather than renew my microsoft gamepass. Basically to try it out. Fired it up, lost two games pretty instantly, and then spent 6 hours binge playing it till 5AM yesterday. Quarantine woes.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 17, 2020, 09:46:46 pm »

Playing some MGSV again with a few modifiers, such as no markers (they still show up when I bring up the iDroid's minimap, but are otherwise completely invisible), no intel enemy spotting, and no reflex mode.

Surprisingly difficult. I actually had to watch myself a few times and run away when spotted.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 18, 2020, 06:15:48 pm »

Conan Exiles on MY MOTHERFUKKIN ANDROID PHONE.

Dis GeForce now shit is bangin. I got a 2 pack of lil' C-plug/USB converters and I've got my 360 controller plugged into my phone. No problems yet.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 18, 2020, 09:25:13 pm »

Either Slay the Spire, or Dicey Dungeons (off itch.io). Similar feeling games where I'm just grinding out the next new challenges because I've got nothing better to do while I'm stuck inside. It's a weird combination of mindless grind and needing to make good decisions or die (I usually opt for die).

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 18, 2020, 10:07:27 pm »

I've continued my restart of the Krynn series with my "optimized" (i.e. copied from a let's-player who knows what they're doing) party. Since I've already beaten Champions legit, I'm letting myself look at the clue book for this run.

The minor inconvenience of switching between DOSBox and the walkthrough PDF is surprisingly annoying. If I had the physical book or even a second monitor it would be easier. I can't believe I'm complaining about how difficult it is to cheat.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 20, 2020, 10:07:12 am »

Playing the free weekend of Assassins Creed Oddussey.

It's funny to media the have am the years worth of making cloning games and you still can't even climb a tree.
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 20, 2020, 12:40:32 pm »

Birch, I am autocorrect
Love, scriver~

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 20, 2020, 05:08:04 pm »

The Rare Replay version of Perfect Dark seems way easier than I remember Perfect Dark being. I don't know if it's the dual analog controls, the stable 60fps framerate, or the fact that I memorized most of "Special Agent" difficulty in high school. It's probably a combination of all three, but it's a very different experience to the N64. You can tell that Rare knew exactly what they were working with back then, and pulled out all the stops to make Perfect Dark (and by extension, Goldeneye) the best games they could be on the N64.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 20, 2020, 05:43:36 pm »

It's funny to media the have am the years worth of making cloning games and you still can't even climb a tree.

I mean...technically you've been able to climb trees since Assassin's Creed 3. Just a very special kind of tree.

I've resisted playing any disease or plague or survival or apocalypse-related games because I don't really want my entertainment to remind me of RL right now.....but tbh I thought of Prototype and couldn't help but install it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 21, 2020, 02:30:46 am »

Just finished The Outer Worlds. I really liked it, even if the story felt a bit cut short. It really felt like Fallout: New Vegas, but with way more polish. The companion quests, for instance, don't require meticulous planning from the start to activate like they do in F:NV. It was nice to be able to jump from sidequest to sidequest naturally without having to look up specific quest activation parameters or getting stuck and using console commands to figure out where the hell the quest marker's trying to point me.

Maybe next time, I'll side with the Board, so that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 100