Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 179755 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #705 on: November 02, 2019, 05:26:00 pm »

Been playing a good deal of Warframe, SYNTHETIK, and Death Road To Canada recently - been having fun with all of them.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: November 02, 2019, 05:29:14 pm »

lulz

Got link, got amused, now  is probably time to remove it.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 05:33:14 pm by MCreeper »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: November 10, 2019, 03:22:10 pm »

I resumed my Champions of Krynn game. I'm in the mood for old CRPGs again.

I forgot how hard this game is. It's stupid hard. Not "reload a few times" hard, like a modern game on high difficulty. Not "practice and get it right" hard, like Touhou or similar arcade-style games. No, Champions of Krynn is "sometimes you get lucky, the rest of the time you die" hard. Hold Person and Charm Person are bullshit. They almost always work on you, but stop working on enemies by the second dungeon/town area. Ditto Sleep and Stinking Cloud.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 11, 2019, 05:46:57 pm »

not playing but researching what to play next. been checking some videos on youtube regarding old school MMORPGs and it seems Dark Age of Camelot or Shadowbane are nice options for passing the time. of course Shadowbane stopped existing but there seems to be at least 2 private servers and DAoC will transition to F2P hopefully at the end of 2019 (albeit it seems it would be best to play on the Phoenix private server, fuck EA in particular). as for some later titles, Darkfall: Rise of Agon looks cool but the F2P option doesnt seems convincing, Rift seems also interesting but according to what i heard the game has been plagued by P2W and stuff like that, Aion is another relatively modern and playable title but i dunno it didnt click to me the first time so not sure if it will work now.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 12, 2019, 12:47:11 am »

I decided to fire up Aliens vs. Predator 2 tonight on a whim.  Or, well, I should say I fired up the Primal Hunt expansion, as DLC was called back in the old days before it could be downloaded.

I know this game got some grief back in the day for its visual style, especially compared to the first game, but I still think I like it more and played it a lot more.  The coherent story helps, and I think the staged encounters are actually a bonus since it breaks from the constant adrenaline of expecting enemies like in the first game, even if it means that you can memorize the spawns.

The game's definitely not perfect though, and I forgot how much the aliens got stuck on the geometry or did other strange things, which is what people crucified Aliens: Colonial Marines for.  Shooting your buddies is also an instant game over, which is normally not a primal except in the first Primal Hunt mission where you've got two who are actually following and doing a very poor job of helping.  They're doomed to die, but if you try to help them by shooting the aliens you risk shooting them and losing instantly.

I also forgot how hard Primal Hunt was.  I'm not sure if the aliens do more damage than in the base game or if there are just like five times as many, but I didn't make it too far into the first corporate mission.  Only maybe halfway through the predator ship, right after the first praetorian spawn.  I should probably play the base game again to refamiliarize myself before playing this part.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: November 12, 2019, 02:28:43 am »

I decided to fire up Aliens vs. Predator 2 tonight on a whim.  Or, well, I should say I fired up the Primal Hunt expansion, as DLC was called back in the old days before it could be downloaded.

I know this game got some grief back in the day for its visual style, especially compared to the first game, but I still think I like it more and played it a lot more.  The coherent story helps, and I think the staged encounters are actually a bonus since it breaks from the constant adrenaline of expecting enemies like in the first game, even if it means that you can memorize the spawns.

The game's definitely not perfect though, and I forgot how much the aliens got stuck on the geometry or did other strange things, which is what people crucified Aliens: Colonial Marines for.  Shooting your buddies is also an instant game over, which is normally not a primal except in the first Primal Hunt mission where you've got two who are actually following and doing a very poor job of helping.  They're doomed to die, but if you try to help them by shooting the aliens you risk shooting them and losing instantly.

I also forgot how hard Primal Hunt was.  I'm not sure if the aliens do more damage than in the base game or if there are just like five times as many, but I didn't make it too far into the first corporate mission.  Only maybe halfway through the predator ship, right after the first praetorian spawn.  I should probably play the base game again to refamiliarize myself before playing this part.

I recently played through Primal Hunt for the first time. I don't think I enjoyed it as much as the base AvP2 campaign, since it was much more focused on waves of enemies without the break/tense horror parts the base game had. Particuarly the last mission for the marines campaign was stupidly difficult on Hard. I ended up cheating to get past it since the game gave me no items or health before it began.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 12, 2019, 09:37:08 am »

I recently played through Primal Hunt for the first time. I don't think I enjoyed it as much as the base AvP2 campaign, since it was much more focused on waves of enemies without the break/tense horror parts the base game had. Particuarly the last mission for the marines campaign was stupidly difficult on Hard. I ended up cheating to get past it since the game gave me no items or health before it began.

Ah yes, the age of half-assed expansions. See also, Alpha Centauri. Base game (for both) was really good, though. Didn't hurt that we were in college when we played it, so we had occasional blocks of time that we could just do stupid multi-player stuff in.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 12, 2019, 11:13:02 am »

7 Days To Die.
Killing Floor 2.
Path of Exile.

7 Days To Die really cleaned up its act in the last big update. Game runs a lot smoother and feels a lot better, and the 7 Days horde no longer proceeds at 10 FPS.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: November 13, 2019, 10:36:21 pm »

i ended trying the Phoenix version of Dark Age of Camelot. currently running with a lvl 4 Minstrel as im having a bit of an affair with the whole Bard archetype recently. could have tried the official version of the game now that it has transitioned to F2P but its probably a mess right now so not sure if its worth the time to make an account with EA.

in addition to that i tried checking Shadowbane but apparently there's issues with both of the unofficial servers that carry on the legacy of the game. also need to find an updated version of it in order to access them.

also i found out that at least 2 classes in LineageII are based on the bard, the elven Swordsinger and the Dark Elven Blade Dancer. of course they dont really use instruments but they sing and dance and use light infantry equipment apart of giving buffs so close enough.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 14, 2019, 12:04:27 am »

Ah Shadowbane. I remember being so completely hyped for that game and then noped right out of it when I finally got to play it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 14, 2019, 12:55:24 pm »

so not sure if its worth the time to make an account with EA.

Very little (arguably nothing) is worth that cost.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 14, 2019, 02:36:14 pm »

I resumed my Champions of Krynn game. I'm in the mood for old CRPGs again.

I forgot how hard this game is. It's stupid hard. Not "reload a few times" hard, like a modern game on high difficulty. Not "practice and get it right" hard, like Touhou or similar arcade-style games. No, Champions of Krynn is "sometimes you get lucky, the rest of the time you die" hard. Hold Person and Charm Person are bullshit. They almost always work on you, but stop working on enemies by the second dungeon/town area. Ditto Sleep and Stinking Cloud.

Damn, those are fun games. 

I remember Pools of Radiance.  I kept rolling multi classes like mage/thief, cleric/mage, fighter/thief, and even had a 3 classes. 

Then years later, I played it again, went with single glass.  I did not know Fighter had multi attack and can kill multiple adjacent kobolds easily.
Also, internet was much more accessible, so I had map images ready instead of making one from graph paper. 

Krynn was good too because I read most if not all of the DragonLance novels.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 15, 2019, 01:20:03 am »

I have recently reloaded/configured an old pentium 4 based laptop into a DOS games machine. (After doctoring several INF files so that drivers would load... The maker of the thing insists that there are no drivers for win9x, but they lie.  I even have wifi installed and working on it now... for better or worse.)

I dug into my classic games archival dump, and pulled out a few gems.  Considering a romp through the Ultima series

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 15, 2019, 02:39:03 pm »

I'm in the mood to play Wizardy 7, or Eye of the Beholder.  Fun times.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 15, 2019, 03:40:24 pm »

My searches are throwing up the originals; mind a link?
Not surprising, they're based on the Era engine, which is Japanese, so a lot of them are untranslated or are only partially translated.

https://wiki.eragames.rip/index.php/Main_Page Bottom of the page has a list of games, this one is EraMegaten.

Don't want to take over with off topic, so I'll make this quick.Does it take a long time to load or is something wrong on my end? For 5 minutes it was just "Connecting to DDS-Net". Or do I not launch it with the .exe? I have to go or I'd let it keep loading more, I'll have to try tonight or tomorrow again
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 100