Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 391543 times)

Hotfire90

Re: DIG: Imperfect Perfection.
« Reply #1365 on: November 25, 2018, 11:34:39 am »

Take some time to inspect my wound, how painful is it? And does it hinder me in anyway?

Should AsHul be spotted, swing my moon blade at the bird, try to replicate the blades of light by thinking very hard about destroying my target.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: November 25, 2018, 01:00:00 pm »

"Oh... Okay! Just one important question then. Do you feel like having visitors? Because some people are coming and sound eager to meet you. I think they're faithful of the Cthonic religion that want to admire you with their own eyes. If you're fine with that, I could tell them we could meet at the next town. If you feel like you need to be alone for now or if you fear they are not all faithful eager to see a living miracle, then I could send them in the opposite direction."

"I... I'm not sure. If some of the faithful would like to see me and have their questions answered, I suppose it is my duty to provide what guidance I can. But on the other hand, I don't think I'm quite capable yet of actually providing any good answers. It's still all a bit overwhelming for me as well.

So, for now, let us just continue on our way to Goldshore."

Then, just as he is about to leave for the solitude of an unused bore room, he turns back with a slightly puzzled frown on his face.

"Say, how did anyone know about what just happened anyway? I mean, there was nobody else around to witness what happened, right? Did you guys feel it when I touched the Word or something?"
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 01:15:41 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1367 on: November 25, 2018, 01:12:59 pm »

"No, like I said, it was only a flash of light we saw. Nothing too weird. But I did send a radio transmission to warn others not to approach, just in case the Word was a sign of impending danger or you touching it did something bad. But that seems to have had the opposite effect, making many people want to come and see for themselves. I guess I underestimated how curious or faithful people can be."

"I also asked Empyrean for advice, but they didn't have much to offer. They said not to let you touch it if you are not faithful. But I thought you are faithful so I didn't do anything. And looks like I was right, since you're here and alive and well. They didn't say much else, just told me to keep you close and make sure you're fine. I guess they want to talk to us about this in person. So maybe we can stop there on our way back."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: November 25, 2018, 04:56:15 pm »

Ooh, ethral are good at this game! Scurry up the mountain, making sure I'm hiding behind a rock whenever the bird's ever-hungry gaze sweeps over my delicious flesh! Great fun for the whole family!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: November 25, 2018, 05:23:45 pm »

Meditate on what happened, by incorporating what we knew about the word of god and what happened after I touched it, reflect and try to get a deeper understanding of what exactly happened.

After that, get a small needle and a bandaid and give myself a small prick, to see if my blood is black as well as my veins.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: November 26, 2018, 01:45:47 am »

Stay in place, under cover, ready rifle for firing upon birdman. Curse myself for not bring more weapons.

Character Sheet
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 03:29:51 pm by Gentlefish »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: November 26, 2018, 03:16:04 pm »

Clate will use his incredible powers of stealth to creep up with the rest of team while staying completely undetected by the guardian.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: November 27, 2018, 05:13:09 am »

"Are we going to dismount to loot I mean explore this city?"

If we stay in the bore, cuddle all the friends.

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1373 on: November 27, 2018, 10:43:11 pm »

Just chill in the bore and meditate. No one seems to be very interested on staying, and I don't think there could be anything remotely threatening to fight in an Ethral town, so I'll wait until we move on to the next location.

Don't be cuddled by the lizard.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
You carefully sequester yourself in one of the bore's rooms and barracade the door against the hostile cuddles roaming the hall.

"Are we going to dismount to loot I mean explore this city?"

If we stay in the bore, cuddle all the friends.

You pound on the previously mentioned door, sending questing tongues under it, searching for the juicy friend within.

"Come friend. Join the puddle. Do not resist."

Explore the town a bit. Is there any sort of archive around? If I can, go there and ask about what knowledge they could offer on words of God. It would be nice to get the non-Cthonic perspective on things.

It would also be nice to know if they have any information on what could go wrong with them and if non-humans and/or non-Cthonics can eat them.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
You walk out into the town, feeling mildly out of place around all these little furry critters. They stare up at you with masked faces and occasionally paw at your feathers with a curious nature. You ask and quickly find your way to the archive. Its nothing like as big as the one far in the east, but it is  a larger collection of knowledge and materials than you've ever seen in one place. The building is shaped like a cocoon, like a sphere squeezed out on two ends with a fat center. According to the map the private collections are in the highest and lowest areas with the public area in the center. The lower half of the structure is dedicated to books and other collections of text, while the upper section is a collection of non-text materials. Artifacts, specimens, all manner of things laid out in tight rows of glass boxes arranged tetris like atop each other. It forms what amounts to a glass maze with walls insulated with all manner of oddity, rarity, and interesting thing.

You find an archivist and ask about knowledge on the Words of GOD. They offer two options; the section of Chthonic texts and information and a smaller section related to Ethral research into "Divine".

Meditate on what happened, by incorporating what we knew about the word of god and what happened after I touched it, reflect and try to get a deeper understanding of what exactly happened.

After that, get a small needle and a bandaid and give myself a small prick, to see if my blood is black as well as my veins.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
[12]
If you had to guess, you absorbed some indescribably minute fraction of GOD's power. Specifically related to omniscience, you think. But you think the effects bound up on the black flame altered it somehow; changing the nature of the word. You'd have to try it out some more to get a better idea of it.

A test with the tip of a knife shows that you do indeed bleed black. However everything else about the blood, from consistency to smell and even taste is unchanged. At least as far as you can tell.

Somewhere from the West there comes a sound. A distant roar, like a river far away.

"It appears this Bird is not the Guardian here. I am going to step ahead and see if that provokes a reaction. Please be on your guard. I would greatly appreciate it if you readied your weapons in case it attacks me suddenly, or in case the guardian itself reveals itself."

AsHul will carefluuly advance up teh path, slowly, keeping one eye on the Bird and another on the lookout for suspicious activity. He'll ttry to stay out of the bird's spotlight vision. If he is caught in the beam, he will stop and prepare for combat, ready to dodge a sudden attack.

[/quote]
Clate will use his incredible powers of stealth to creep up with the rest of team while staying completely undetected by the guardian.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
Ooh, ethral are good at this game! Scurry up the mountain, making sure I'm hiding behind a rock whenever the bird's ever-hungry gaze sweeps over my delicious flesh! Great fun for the whole family!

"Understood.  I am right behind you."

Follow Ashul, wielding the guardian hatchet, staying close enough that Nyw can quickly get in striking range if necessary.  Be very cautious about staying out of the lights, but keeping close to Ashul is the highest priority.

Most of the team advances, slowly sidling up the switchback path. Luckily the bird's head doesn't whip around quickly enough to be in danger of catching anyone unawares and the path provides enough cover to hide them when the searchlight eyes do occasionally scan their way. However, the path eventually reaches the top of its zig-zagging ascent and between its last few feet and the first building in the clustered complex is a flat expanse of snow covered black stone. Its flat, quiet, and littered with dozens of human bodies in various states of decay. They are not,however,the remains of some sort of battle or violent death. Indeed they have small gold bowls of offerings laid beside them and they are placed in neat rows. 

The stretch of open space between the cover of the switchback and the doors of the first building is maybe 80 feet. Its not too far but if the bird looks, there's nowhere to take cover.

Stay in place, under cover, ready rifle for firing upon birdman. Curse myself for not bring more weapons.

Character Sheet
You stay at the base of the path, ready to open fire.

Take some time to inspect my wound, how painful is it? And does it hinder me in anyway?

Should AsHul be spotted, swing my moon blade at the bird, try to replicate the blades of light by thinking very hard about destroying my target.

You lost a pretty good chunk of flesh with the shot and it definitely hurts but much less so if you don't try to flex the arm or use that muscle. You let it hang limp for the moment, holding the weapon with your other arm and your shoulder. You think the injury could definitely hinder you, especially considering your weapon of choice is a melee weapon.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: November 27, 2018, 10:52:22 pm »

Okay screw catching up on this, just tell me what the fuck is happening. I should be somewhere on the bore.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1375 on: November 28, 2018, 12:37:32 am »

: Erm, guys? Are you feeling this? Perhaps we should get away from inhabited areas. : Kara nervously spoke into her radio.

Is the noise getting closer? Do I have some time before it gets here? If yes, then I think it's time for some EXTREME SPEED RESEARCH! Start skimming the Ethral texts (pay fee if necessary), looking for anything that might be helpful to the current situation. Ask the Ethral if it would be so kind to point me in the right direction and warn them about possible impending danger. Edit: Offer to transport them or their relics to safely with the bore if they need to.

If I don't have enough time get either to the bore or if I can't get there in time, get to cover/safety.

If the noise isn't getting closer, then just read some of the Ethral texts.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 05:54:47 am by Parisbre56 »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: November 28, 2018, 03:45:12 am »

Get to the bore entrance

Cover Kara with the shotgun if they try to get back.

Also guard the bore against any dangers.

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: November 28, 2018, 07:03:02 am »

Kalagony replies on the bore's radio.

"That probably is the Messenger. The human cthonic absorbed the word, correct? What if the word didn't herald the path of a Messenger? What if the word actually heralds the Messenger itself and it's now coming towards this city?

"The human has the word inside his body, so the Messenger might be still following it. I don't know much about cthonic lore, but I don't think that's unreasonable to think that the human cthonic is now a beacon if the word was one for the Messenger. What do we do now?"

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Showdown.
« Reply #1378 on: November 28, 2018, 08:27:25 am »

"Hmm. It looks like a quick dash to the door will get us there safely, assuming we time it right, and assuming those dead remain still and silent. Even so, we should go in pairs or groups of three, rather than all in one go. Nyw, I believe that you and Iron Teeth should come last, ready to charge should the bird or other hostiles attack while any of us are crossing. Once we get a couple of riflemen on the other side to cover you, you should cross together as well.

I think the order of crossing should be:
Auft and Drett, followed by Myself and Alex, followed by Clate and Schitter, and then you two. Though, I am willing to take lead instead, to keep our doctor protected. What do you guys think?"

Signal the guys who stayed behind to make their way up to this point. Watch the bird to see what pattern it looks around with and determine the best timing to run across the flat place.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1379 on: November 28, 2018, 05:23:22 pm »

"Hey Drett, could you take a look at my arm in a bit? Auft already bandaged the wound, but I think you should take a good look at it, and give me something to deal with the pain."

Move up to AsHul.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 231