Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: No Man's Sky - NEXT is out!  (Read 25029 times)

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No Man's Sky - NEXT is out!
« Reply #180 on: February 18, 2021, 02:46:40 pm »

I booted it up last night for the first time in a while (since right after they added buildings, I think?) and it does feel less grindy than before. I mean the game is still ultimately collecting stuff to build stuff to collect stuff without too much true risk, but the process itself feels less grindy - inventory space is less constrained and resource requirements seem to be less stringent.

So for those who haven't touched it in quite a while, may be worth picking up again for a whirl?

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 19, 2021, 03:14:32 pm »

If anyone wants to join me one day on a pleasant paradise planet, I made a lame steam guide with super bad screenshots of where the planet is and what it looks like lol. Funny thing is, its the first system I ever visited too lol. And the paradise planets (with pleasant weather) are super rare.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2401244918

Also, why does the visor show different (and wrong) info than getting out of the ship? I don't use mods, but its obviously pleasant weather because it hasnt rained in 2 hours. safe to say the getting out of ship info of planet is correct.

(edit: The planet info presented in-game is completely incorrect. No sentinels at all (despite showing as frequent), no weather at all and its a rather 100% perfect planet.)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 07:40:24 pm by The_Explorer »

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 19, 2021, 09:12:48 pm »

Apparently there has been a long-time bug where sometimes the planet info shown is wrong, got it confirmed by someone. not often just sometimes. Was bothering my OCD with the wrong conflicting info shown in game :( But I guess sometimes its better to experience the planet and see what its like for oneself than info in the game

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 20, 2021, 10:34:22 am »

How random is universe generation? Does everyone start in a different spot in a shared universe, or is each person's universe randomly generated?

shovelmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 20, 2021, 04:37:30 pm »

How random is universe generation? Does everyone start in a different spot in a shared universe, or is each person's universe randomly generated?

Different spot in a shared universe. But there is 18 quintillion planets so, yeah, it might as well be random.
Reach out and crush someone!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: No Man's Sky - Interceptor?
« Reply #185 on: April 21, 2023, 07:57:12 pm »

EuchreJack casts Necromancy!

For I now own this game, I hereby revive this thread.

Maybe we can get a Civilization going? Maybe we already have one that I don't know about?
Maybe the game is old and dying, and I got into it during it's dying breath?

Necromancy!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 22, 2023, 06:22:16 pm »

I did buy the game recently, haven't gotten far but I've dabbled a bit. I didn't think 'civilizations' were a thing? I know there's multiplayer now with the space anomaly, but what does making a civilization entail?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 22, 2023, 11:28:07 pm »

No mans sky is like 90% random lets add this thing, so they added settlements for you to manage but it doesn't link up with the base building.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 23, 2023, 11:28:55 am »

No mans sky is like 90% random lets add this thing, so they added settlements for you to manage but it doesn't link up with the base building.

Yeah. I'd almost like them to remake it. Either keep it pure exploration, or make it a game with interlocking parts. But decide first. The way the added stuff doesn't work together is weird.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 23, 2023, 11:32:57 am »

The only thing that stops me replaying no mans sky are the ugly planets :( I think elite dangerous actually has better planets. and I don't even really like elite dangerous that much, I'd rather play no mans sky...if it had better planets.

In no mans sky, I'd see one of those paradise planets. 19/20 times I go there excited cause it looks beautiful from space...

and its a freakin ugly as heck mushroom planet.

I literally had a phobia (probably sad lol) of mushrooms for an entire year after playing no mans sky, I was so disgusted at looking at mushrooms.

And even the better planets, like found a bubble world once...and I dunno if its the rendering or something, but at max settings there are barely any trees. I wanted a deep forest to explore, but its just tiny patches of trees around and it kinda looks ugly to me. Its like even the best forested planets have just been all deforested :|

but the endless mushroom planets ruined the whole game. way too many mushroom planets. and if thats how the real universe is, I never want to leave earth lol

With that said, the rest of the game was a ton of fun. And I could easily look past the kinda barren planets if it wasn't for the endless mushroom planets :P
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 11:54:51 am by The_Explorer »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 23, 2023, 04:54:00 pm »

Pretty sure this has nothing to do with civilizations.

Civilizations/Companies are more something that exists on paper rather than in the game.  They're both defined by registering with the wiki/game/dev.
Basically you create a few wiki pages and say you're a civilization/company.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #191 on: April 24, 2023, 09:14:23 am »

So you essentially just have a group of people building all in the same area and creating some shared fiction? Sounds kinda fun.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 24, 2023, 09:28:42 pm »

So you essentially just have a group of people building all in the same area and creating some shared fiction? Sounds kinda fun.
As far as I can tell, yeah.
But most importantly, they decide to name stuff in the same general sort of way.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 24, 2023, 11:36:51 pm »

I tried to get back into this recently, but the whole pirates thing just killed it for me.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 25, 2023, 10:16:30 pm »

I tried to get back into this recently, but the whole pirates thing just killed it for me.
They do seem to trigger a lot, but I have never had any issue killing them. In fact, everyone loves me because I keep killing the pirates.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14