Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 63

Author Topic: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1 (INACTIVE)  (Read 77966 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1
« Reply #315 on: February 12, 2019, 04:04:42 pm »

The Watchful Monarch
Deathmatch
Part XXIII: Where You Need to Go.
Seattle, Washington
Sundown, Clear Skies, 8/23/2020

[Medical: 8+2] As the Sixth Doctor steps around his TARDIS, he continues helping out his group. He pulls shrapnel out and wraps bandages, affixes a bandage on his own head, the works. Soon, aside from Frances' leg, the crew of the TARDIS has a clean bill of health. [Time Accuracy: 3] [Space Accuracy: 3] The Doctor plans to chase down the military general, and stops the TARDIS after a brief second. He steps out of the TARDIS, striding pridefully as he usually does, but it's not Seattle. Far as he can tell, it's Earth, though. [Scanning: 5+2 (Sonic Screwdriver)] But to make matters stranger, the Sonic Screwdriver detects on energy trace not on Earth, but familiar to the Doctor. He races back inside the TARDIS, and uses the ship to analyze the data. To his dismay, this is not Earth, but a planet he's already been, that shouldn't exist in the virtual world, nor even the present of the real one.

It's the Tenth Planet. Mondas. Home of the Cybermen.

Frances finally stands under her own weight on the crutches, seeming confused as to the Doctor's stunned response and murmurs of "M-Mondas...no, no, no...". She uses her Stand, Epitaph, to find any possible sense of danger.

Within the next ten seconds, a grim fate will befall them, as the blue-suited Mycroft, a blue-jacketed Brewer, and a blue-fatigued Cobra leap into action, attacking them all with power attacks.

Mycroft stares into the empty space the TARDIS left behind, frowning a little as he stares on. In spite of this, he lets out a large, wiry grin as the keyhole in his head reactivates. "What a power this has awakened... Brewer, Cobra, I require your assistance. It's time to destroy that plan-wrecking vehicle, the blue box, once and for all! he declares as Brewer comes down in cloud form, reverting back to his human appearance. Mycroft expels Cobra from the safe-room, the mercenary looking far healthier than before he entered, as he grabs both of their hands with his one remaining one. Pulling himself, Brewer, and Cobra into his safe-room, he's delighted to see that his plan worked. Suddenly, three copy-versions escape from his now-limp physical body, one of each man. They pull the key out of Copy-Mycroft's keyhole, and unlock the TARDIS's safe-room, which happens to be it's genuine inside.

Back on Mondas, the Doctor is trying desperately to get the TARDIS engine running again, when suddenly the console lets out a groan. The TARDIS's system for detecting critical danger, the Cloister Bells, begin ringing, and the Doctor immediately knows something is wrong. Just then, a blue-suited Mycroft, blue-jacketed Brewer, and a Cobra wearing blue military fatigues. They all suddenly lunge out. Copy-Brewer leaps into the sky and, using a Copy-Echoes ACT 4, suddenly writes in the words "Firestorm." [5 v 4 (Players)], [3 v 2 (NPCs)] It doesn't do much, just burning some flesh, but the fires limit movement as they scorch around the TARDIS, with some of the flame even escaping into Mondas proper. Copy-Cobra looks at the currently injured Frances, and lunges with Myrtenaster from behind. [7+2 (Surprise) v 3-2 (Using Epitaph)-1 (Limited Mobility)+1 (Unlimited)] Suddenly, Frances gasps in fear and surprise as a white-hot pain burns through her torso. She looks down to see the blade of Myrtenaster impaled through her chest. She gasps, gurgles, and groans, before Copy-Cobra suddenly rips the sword out through her back, and kicks her body into the flames.
The Copy has killed Frances! Mycroft gets:
https://scoobydoo.fandom.com/wiki/Madamoiselle_Chantal: +Ally: Madamioselle Chantal.

Within the safe-room, an attractive orange-haired woman in a shawl and silver dress appears in the kitchen, ready to make some food.

Meanwhile, through all the chaos, the Copy-Mycroft suddenly lunges for the TARDIS console [Mobility: 6] while the Doctor is inconvenienced by the flames, and attempts to pull him away. [Strength: 1 v 2] The Doctor just barely fails to pull Copy-Mycroft away from the TARDIS, and the Copy pushes him back before beginning to charge the TARDIS full of molecular energy. The console glows purple, and though Mycroft knows it'll take a bit of time, he keeps charging, in the hopes of removing this from the equation, once and for all.

After seeing Frances' death, Lorillard reloads the M1911, and fires at Cobra from behind! [6 v 2-2 (Surprise Attack)] The Copy-Cobra suddenly gets shot in the back of the head, and the real Cobra is forced back out onto Earth, leaving only two Copies still on Mondas. Meanwhile, the cops do damage control, opening the doors and calling for an everybody out scenario. But the Doctor knows what'll happen if they blow up the TARDIS:

The End of Time.

BSN: Woo! Sorry for the break. Other projects and a birthday. Y'know how it is.

Failbird, as always, go ahead and tell me if you want to waitlist or had any disputes about the ruling of your death.

Spoiler: Fallacy of Urist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hotfire90 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leodanny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 06:23:20 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Hotfire90

« Reply #316 on: February 12, 2019, 04:43:21 pm »

((It's weird that I used time travel to get to the army, considering they were still at the school, but given what just happened, I think it's for the best that I arrived on Mondas instead.))

"Take them down now! We can't let them destroy the TARDIS and doom us all!"

Lunge at Mycroft with my knife.
As for everyone else: Open fire! Most of the focus is to be directed at Mycroft until he's either incapacitated or dead. Order a few cops to rush Brewer and restrain him, Lorillard and Romana III will shoot at him while the others are busy with Mycroft.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 12, 2019, 05:26:34 pm »

((Question: Doesn't Secret Service displace Mycroft's physical body into the safe room as well? Also, I'm missing a link to my new minion in the status.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 12, 2019, 05:45:59 pm »

((It's weird that I used time travel to get to the army, considering they were still at the school, but given what just happened, I think it's for the best that I arrived on Mondas instead.))

"Take them down now! We can't let them destroy the TARDIS and doom us all!"

Lunge at Mycroft with my knife.
As for everyone else: Open fire! Most of the focus is to be directed at Mycroft until he's either incapacitated or dead. Order a few cops to rush Brewer and restrain him, Lorillard and Romana III will shoot at him while the others are busy with Mycroft.

You didn't manually activate time travel. The TARDIS in the show has always had the habit of going sometime and someplace the Doctor didn't expect, but the TARDIS herself always brought him where he needed to go. Hence, the title of the round.

((Question: Doesn't Secret Service displace Mycroft's physical body into the safe room as well? Also, I'm missing a link to my new minion in the status.))

I'll fix the link to Chantal. Secret Service has always left his body unsupervised and limp, as his consciousness is basically going within his own psychic safe-house.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Hotfire90

« Reply #319 on: February 12, 2019, 05:53:40 pm »

((Fair enough, it did work out for me.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 13, 2019, 01:18:41 am »

Secret Service has always left his body unsupervised and limp, as his consciousness is basically going within his own psychic safe-house.
((There's some weird "the mind affects the body" stuff then, as Mycroft performed medical treatment on himself while in his safe room.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 13, 2019, 03:06:47 pm »

(aww man, and I had this big escape plan with King Crimson and everything... well, on the waitlist I go I suppose)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 13, 2019, 03:18:54 pm »

Secret Service has always left his body unsupervised and limp, as his consciousness is basically going within his own psychic safe-house.
((There's some weird "the mind affects the body" stuff then, as Mycroft performed medical treatment on himself while in his safe room.))

Indeed there is.

(aww man, and I had this big escape plan with King Crimson and everything... well, on the waitlist I go I suppose)

And you're on!

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 15, 2019, 08:53:03 am »

”nope nope nope nope don’t do that.” “Bullet time”
Use Echoes to make everything slow, and use my weapons to cover copy-Mycroft as he charges the console.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 15, 2019, 10:59:40 am »

"Ten million dollars, Australian, to whoever gets me the Doctor's head."

With that said, Mycroft resumes charging the TARDIS console. (And kicks the Doctor if necessary)
Generic Arms Race.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 17, 2019, 02:38:56 am »

The Watchful Monarch
Deathmatch
Part XXIV: The Big Bang
Mondas
Unknown, Dreary and Overcast, ?/?/?

As the TARDIS console glows a vibrant purple and the Cloister Bells chime loudly, the Sixth Doctor's eyes widen. This could be it, the End of Time. If Mycroft succeeds, this virtual universe will explode, and destroy everything in it's wake. And if he knows of the consequences, he doesn't care. He yells out for his comrades, shouting "Take them down now! We can't let them destroy the TARDIS and doom us all!" while pulling out his knife, charging towards Copy-Mycroft. [1 v 3] He heads right towards Copy-Mycroft, but misses a stab [2 v 3], and then narrowly dodges a retaliatory kick from the blue-tinted doppleganger. Everyone else hoists up their guns and begin firing...

Only to have their bullets, and themselves, slow, as Copy-Brewer uses Copy-Echoes ACT 4 to draw the words Bullet Time in the sky. "nope nope nope nope don’t do that." he reprimands, before firing at the Bellas, Romana II, and K9, those who were ordered to hit Mycroft to prevent said End of Time. [10 v 8-2 (Slowed Time)] [7 v 5-2] [3 v 3-2] [10 v 6-2] Brie and Nikki Bella both take some buckshot pellets to the stomach as Romana II takes a couple right to the chest. He shoots K9 point blank, damaging a servo (-2 Mobility) before sliding Mycroft to another part of the console to dodge the rounds. Time resumes normally as the shot collapse, and the bullets hit the console, causing a high-pitched whine.

Before they can get up and fire again, Copy-Mycroft actually speaks. His voice sounds odd, layered, like more than one Mycroft is speaking. Probably because, technically, there is more than one in existence at this point. Without turning around, it says "Ten million dollars, Australian, to whoever gets me the Doctor's head." [Bribery Check: 3] but it seems like no one's biting as Lorillard and Romana III fire at Brewer. [3 v 2] [7 v 4] Lorillard's rounds just barely graze Copy-Brewer, but Romana's blast knocks him down. No blood pours out of the copy, but it seems like it's wounded and it's breath is labored.

As the only two still in a ready position, Brie and Nikki Bella fire their guns [9 v 3] [9 v 7] and Brie manages a good shot to the Copy's back. [Charge: 9] But it's too late. As the copy dies, reawakening the real Mycroft on Earth, the TARDIS is too charged up, and will detonate anyway. Soon, the explosion happens, traveling to the Eye of Harmony, detonating the TARDIS's power supply...and starting a chain reaction, leading right to Earth. Everyone in the universe is engulfed in the blast as said Universe explodes, and nothing remains...

"Sir, the, uh...Universe...exploded.

"Beg pardon?"

"Exploded, went kaplooey, it's gone."

"Who did that?"

"Fallacy of Urist, under the Avatar of Mycroft Holmes."

"Well...I guess he wins, then?"

"Sure, why not? He did the kill the other two by blowing up the universe, so..."

Fallacy wakes up in a black void, now himself, instead of his Avatar. The words Fallacy of Urist Wins! shine in front of him before the computerized voice of E.D.U asks him "What is your wish?"

B.E.N (Before Ending Notes): Yep. Universe exploded, game over. Leodanny, Hotfire, if you wish to waitlist or dispute go ahead.

And Fallacy, wish away.

Hotfire90

« Reply #326 on: February 17, 2019, 08:56:16 am »

((Poor communication kills. I thought that even if the TARDIS was going to explode, that I'd be able to potentially avert this by pulling a cheeky time travel by proxy. Oh well, to the waitlist!))

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 17, 2019, 12:54:28 pm »

(Huh, I kinda wonder if I coulda dodged that with King Crimson had I not died the turn before. I mean, probably not since the universe was gone but who knows, KC does literally just skip time. At least I didn't miss much.)

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 17, 2019, 01:06:29 pm »

(Oh Jesus, 10 players in the next round? How fast am I gonna die)
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 17, 2019, 01:47:31 pm »

(depends. Assuming that Greatness doesn't want to do the same game mode twice in a row, then there's a 2 in 3 chance that either 4 of the other players will be friendly to you, or that everyone will be more focused on killing someone specific rather than eachother)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 63