Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 63

Author Topic: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1 (INACTIVE)  (Read 78183 times)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality: v.1.1
« Reply #630 on: October 14, 2019, 11:12:42 am »

Head for the beach. Look for a dolphin.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 14, 2019, 01:08:50 pm »

Hey, toss me in the waitlist if you would be so kind.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 14, 2019, 08:41:10 pm »

Hey, toss me in the waitlist if you would be so kind.

I'd be glad to!

New turn coming soon.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 03, 2019, 06:44:53 am »

((Whoops! Sorry for taking such a long break. Suddenly, everything decided to happen at once, basically.

Don't worry! The turn is still coming soon. I'll start back work on it today, and it should be up within, oh, the next couple of days, if not today? Hope that works!))

EDIT: Couple of days was a generous estimate, and I promised I'll stop making estimates, so whenever it's ready, I'll let everyone know!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 08:22:23 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 11, 2019, 06:29:24 am »

The Rich Man's Fortune
Deathmatch
Part XXV: Ocean Man
"Almelo", Formerly Almere, Flevoland in the Holmsian Empire
Noon, Cloudy, 11/14/2020

Edgar gives a weary sigh, irritated that there was no easy end to the proceedings. With a twist of a knob, he's reconnected to his fleet, and quickly explains "We have an agreement with the military for the time being, don’t worry about them. We do, however... He pinches his nose and groans, before continuing with the flight of madness as he says "Have to kill a dolphin for them. It’s a nightmarish, blocky looking thing, but it’s also a man. Do not, under any circumstances, allow it aboard the ships!" [Spot: 4] However, on hand, they don't have the explosives to Bomb Fish. Undeterred, Edgar calls up Mycroft and asks "Would you happen to have explosives we could use to kill Jefferson?" [Equipment: 4] Mycroft only responds "You have cannons, don't you?" and then the line clicks dead. Undeterred again, he gets all of his men to regroup and go to the beach, passing by the now docile military to hop onto the boats and set sail.

Below the murky depths, under the HMS Phoenix, swims a Minecraftian dolphin ready to use his might to his advantage. [9+2 (Iron) v 4] Channeling his super-dolphin strength into a single, concentrated attack, his nose suddenly slams through the bottom of the ship, forcing it to take in water quickly. Wood panels break all over the ship, the weight of the blow shakes several crewmen off the ship to swim for their lives, and the HMS Phoenix is plain fucked, basically. Triumphant, Bobby Jefferson hops out of the water to take a quick breath.

Just then, [Stealth: 10] unbeknownst to anyone, Super-Sloth arrives onto the scene, walking back the alley where this all started to step onto the crisp golden sand [Spot: 10+2 (Stealth Bonus)] and finds both of his opponents immediately. A dolphin jumping up as a ship crumbles around him, and a pirate captain chasing after him guns a blazing.

BSN: We're back! Sorry, super sorry!

But we back!

Spoiler: Hector13 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The_Two_Eternities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rockeater (click to show/hide)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 11, 2019, 11:32:57 am »

The captain looks nonplussed. He clicks on the radio, speaking calmly.

While I appreciate you gentleman are in a perilous situation, there is one of him and hundreds of you. Give the best marksmen a gun, put the best spotters in the crows nest, set the rest around the railings of the ships, and SHOOT THE FUCKING DOLPHIN!

Addressing the men in the boats: “That goes for you, too! The boat that gets the kill will want for little when we’re done!

Spread out but stay within shooting range of each other; you saw what it did to the Phoenix, let’s make sure the same doesn’t happen to you, yes?

Edgar turns to Henry, armed with binoculars.

You look for the bastard, I’ll shoot it.

((Smile you son of a- :p))

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 12, 2019, 11:38:39 am »

Go below the USS Cappella and do the same to it.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 13, 2019, 01:39:03 am »

((Double crits. Excellent.
Spoiler: It's all (click to show/hide)
))

Shoot a missile at the pirate captain.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 26, 2019, 09:23:48 pm »

((Sorry! Luckily, this delay hasn't been long. New turn is coming either tomorrow or at some point soon after Thanksgiving. Thanks for waiting, even if you weren't waiting long. :) ))

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 26, 2019, 11:09:43 pm »

Well if this isn't a long delay then I suppose I might be overreacting over my own, heh

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 05, 2019, 02:53:11 pm »

Still working on the turn! Not currently in a creative mood or focus, so I'm trying not to force myself to work, and even when I do, it's a slow process atm.

Turn will come out when it comes out, I just promise that it will!

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 11, 2019, 03:24:17 pm »

The Rich Man's Fortune
Deathmatch
Part XXVI: Naval Warfare
"Almelo", Formerly Almere, Flevoland in the Holmsian Empire
Noon, Cloudy, 11/14/2020

Looking utterly nonplussed at the response from Mycroft, Captain Edgar Masters breathes in and speaks calmly back into the radio. "While I appreciate you gentleman are in a perilous situation, there is one of him and hundreds of you. Give the best marksmen a gun, put the best spotters in the crows nest, set the rest around the railings of the ships, and SHOOT THE FUCKING DOLPHIN!" Turning around to address his men in the boats by him, he bellows loudly "That goes for you, too! The boat that gets the kill will want for little when we’re done! Spread out but stay within shooting range of each other; you saw what it did to the Phoenix, let’s make sure the same doesn’t happen to you, yes?" Swiveling his head around to Henry, he gives a simple order of "You look for the bastard, I’ll shoot it,", before pulling out his Webley revolver. [Spot: 4] Henry sees a vague shape in the water and, believing it to indeed be Bobby Jefferson in dolphin form, calls out "Fire!" which Edgar does. [3-2 v 7] Fortunately, Edgar misses the actual, completely normal dolphin swimming by, a growl leaving his lips in frustration.

Bobby Jefferson, hearing the shots, goes for broke and attacks the Capella next with about the same strength. [1+2 v 7] Unfortunately, the Capella holds a lot tougher here, merely rocking side to side. Undeterred, Bobby Jefferson hops out of the water to breathe [5+3 (Strength in Numbers) v 4] right as a Webley and two L85s fire in retaliation, lighting up the block dolphin in seconds. [Composure: 10] Amazingly, through sheer willpower, Bobby not only stays in dolphin form, but has the strength to immediately counterattack against his biggest target [8 v 10], bumping the boat that Edgar and Henry are on and tipping it over. Edgar and Henry aren't wounded, but they are all sitting ducks.

Grinning from his unseen vantage point, Super Sloth says to himself "Oh, yeah, it's all coming together." Hoisting up the missile launcher and aiming it at Edgar, Henry, and the dolphin and privateers and pirates in addition, Super Sloth attempts to fire [Unreliable: 4] and manages, though at an awkward angle that will need to try harder to hit. [3-2 (Awkward Angle) v 5] And miss it does, sailing overhead and blowing up a mast on the destroyed Phoenix. [Stealth: 9] Luckily, the sudden explosion itself means no one watches the smoke trail to find Super-Sloth.

[Medical: 4] Unfortunately, the rounds in Bobby Jefferson's body exacerbate his other health problems, and the blood freely flowing out into the water do not help. Unless Bobby can become human, get to dry land, and bandage himself up in a few minutes (Bleed-Out in Three Turns, Death in Four), he will succumb to his wounds.

[Spot: 7+2 (Blood Trail)] And his luck is continuing to burn away, as the pirates open fire on what is obviously Bobby based on the flowing blood trail behind him. [2+2 (Strength in Numbers) v 6] They miss some rounds, though, the bullets stopping faster in the water, allowing Bobby a bit more time.

BSN: Finally! I'm so sorry, everyone. These past few weeks have been creatively stifling and I couldn't work on the turn like I was. Luckily, I feel my creative spark coming back, so the game should be right as rain now. Thanks for waiting.

Spoiler: Hector13 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The_Two_Eternities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rockeater (click to show/hide)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 11, 2019, 03:39:15 pm »

"It's now or never"
Jump at Edgar, try to bite part of him off, and fall back to the sea.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 11, 2019, 05:00:02 pm »

Scramble on top of the boat that was, until recently, the one I was quite comfortably sitting in. Make sure to pull up as many of my crewmen as are in the sea, prioritizing Henry.

Shout as loudly as possible:

KEEP SHOOTING!

He was fine for the time being, best keep the goal in his men’s mind.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 11, 2019, 11:59:40 pm »

((Ah well. You win some, you lose some.))

Reload the missile launcher and, if possible, fire it again.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 63