Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 402

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 490082 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #2925 on: February 02, 2021, 02:37:54 am »

Dwarf Fortress should have it's intro replaced with something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0eqSgkDuW0 but you can still skip it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 02:54:58 am by rico6822 »
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: February 02, 2021, 03:00:30 am »

For marketing purposes Dwarf Fortress now has alternate titles of "Craftborne", "Mineborne", "Craft Souls", "Mine Souls" and maybe also "Armok: Forts Succumb Twice".
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 03:21:47 am by rico6822 »
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

JAL28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: February 02, 2021, 03:38:59 am »

Angels and clowns should have [MUNDANE] token.

All mundane animals have [FANCIFUL] and [SUPERNATURAL] tokens, including dwarves, humans and goblins. Elves get the [VEGETATION] tag and are composed of plants because they love plants so much they became plants.

JAL28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: February 02, 2021, 03:41:41 am »

Adding to the above, elves now cannot move and require sunlight to live, dying if they are under a tile which is not Light. In a 10 tile radius around an elf, an “elf seed” can spawn, which grows into an Elf Sapling after a year and an Elf after 12 years. These seeds can be trampled to death. They live in forest retreats which are basically trees infested protected by elves.

Dead elves spawn new Elf Seeds around them. Their bodies decompose into random plants when killed. They can absorb metal items around them and become metallic, making them invincible.

Elf armies don’t exist. They can’t move, and also are too busy tree-hugging to actually do anything else. Zombies that see them instantly die because their teeny brains implode when being faced with the prospect of something that could technically be both living and nonliving at the same time. Dwarves prefer to vomit over them, holding in their vomit if they can to vomit under elves. Elves can absorb this vomit and blood around them to nourish themselves.

Elves can absorb the meat of corpses in a 3 tile radius around them, consuming them down to the bone. Elves that eat the bodies of poisonous creatures(eg. Poison blood FBs) or absorb their poison/dust become poisonous with the effects of the syndromes, meaning particularly lucky elves with multiple ingested syndromes can become nigh-unkillable.

When faced with an elf, clowns will cluster around them and start dancing. They will then have the urge to search for a tissue(paper sheets), and any clowns that do not, or cannot get them will contract fevers and die shortly. Applies to both kinds of clowns.

Elves that learn the secrets of life and death gain the ability to possess anything that approach them. This means that they can assault underworld spires and come back with an army of 10000+1 clown. They don’t like non-elf necromancers and will slaughter them first, before wiping the rest of the world. They can move at 1 kph, though can possess and Mount animals to go much faster. Only elf necromancers do this, no other elves do so.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 03:58:37 am by JAL28 »

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: February 02, 2021, 04:20:16 am »

Neutral clowns who cannot hit you with spitting will spit at you to train your dodging skill even further but will tell you that first.

JAL28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: February 02, 2021, 05:10:51 am »

Neutral clowns who cannot hit you with spitting will spit at you to train your dodging skill even further but will tell you that first.

Imagine getting hit by a spit from a deadly spittle clown...!!FUN!!

Fire-composed or fire-breathing clowns spit globs of liquid fire instead of normal spit.

Fikilili

• Bay Watcher
  • "Elves make no sense, change my mind."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: February 02, 2021, 05:11:57 am »

Change Plump Helment Men so that they grow from the ground and reproduce in farm plots. Free slaves for your dwarves.
Unless they decide to praise two fungi gods, one more cunning and the other more brutal, and start to WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH
"Military? What's that? Something to eat?"

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: February 02, 2021, 01:21:25 pm »

Elves get the [VEGETATION] tag and are composed of plants because they love plants so much they became plants.

They're eating her!
And then they're gonna eat me!
OH MY GOD!!

Oh, wait, that's goblins trolls, not elves. Whew!
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: February 02, 2021, 01:54:22 pm »

When food is eaten or rots, it needs to be memorialized or it will rise as a ghost.

Logs and stones must also be memorialized.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 01:57:16 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Nordlicht

• Bay Watcher
  • Wuschelig & Wunderlich
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: February 02, 2021, 02:02:17 pm »

So you would need to memorialize the stone for the slab used to memorialize the stone for the slab used to memorialize the stone for the slab used to memorialize the stone for the slab used to memorialize the stone for the slab

towerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Cloven Asunder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: February 02, 2021, 02:47:33 pm »

You must now memorialize all elves that die in the fortress in the world or be haunted.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: February 02, 2021, 04:45:16 pm »

So you would need to memorialize the stone for the slab used to memorialize the stone for the slab used to memorialize the stone for the slab used to memorialize the stone for the slab used to memorialize the stone for the slab

And the same for caskets, except you have to fit them inside each other.

Patch notes:
* Bags of sand and bars of metal now need to be memorialized as well.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 04:50:13 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

JAL28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: February 02, 2021, 06:28:18 pm »

They're eating her!
OH MY GOD!!

Elves when a herd of elephants wanders on the map:

Elves can now be eaten by grazers. They keep grazers full for 5 years.

Elves that aren’t memoralized will become crazed nature spirits that will do all sorts of !!FUN!! Things like:

Randomly growing saplings(eg. In the middle of a hallway)

Wilting plants

Toppling buildings(constructions included)

Breaking Raw Adamantine

Stimulating trees to not produce fruits

Sucking up all your booze

Harassing your dwarves for using non-grown wood products, giving them bad thoughts

Causing mayor unhappy thoughts by clogging up his schedule with “attend meeting” jobs to complain about the lack of non-grown wood products

Self-trade with elves, offering all your stuff to them and buying like a wood erong instead

Chase away dwarven caravans

Annoy sieges until they leave of boredom

Annoy megabeasts until they leave of boredom

Annoy migrants until they leave of exasperation

Annoy your dwarves until they leave due to being insane

Turn your dead fortress into a Forest Retreat and seed new elves

Etc. Etc.

Elves, being the snooty bastards they are need 5 whole slabs memoralized to them to appease them and make them disappear. Alternatively you can get an animal ghost to eat it and it will disappear.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 06:38:29 pm by JAL28 »

towerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Cloven Asunder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: February 02, 2021, 06:33:12 pm »

They're eating her!
OH MY GOD!!

This is called "Terrible Suggestions Thread" not "Absolutely Great Super-Awesome Suggestions That Toady Should Really Implement Right Here And Now Thread".

JAL28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: February 02, 2021, 06:34:48 pm »

They're eating her!
OH MY GOD!!

This is called "Terrible Suggestions Thread" not "Absolutely Great Super-Awesome Suggestions That Toady Should Really Implement Right Here And Now Thread".

I fixed it
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 402