Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Ye Titans! IC [12/12+4/12]  (Read 12451 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Titans! IC [12/12+4/12]
« Reply #135 on: February 08, 2019, 05:22:55 am »

"I have designed an edict of my own. See, there was a little loophole in the verbosity rules the Destinies set upon us..."

With a little cackle, the Thirteenth spends A+S+N+14EE on the Edict of Exceptional Rules, a Titanic Edict.

It opens its mouth, and something comes out:

Quote from: the False Edict of Exceptional Rules
JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS
JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS
The universe will not implode, explode or in any way be destroyed because of any paradox or corruption or broken logic in an Edict or any other action, be it divine or not. Destruction because of other reasons is still possible.

"Er, the edict might have been corrupted somehow. No matter, at least the most important rule remains intact.
One who is Thirteenth, what exactly are you proclaiming with this edict and why? And why does it make my exoskeleton crawl?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 05:24:38 am by Demonic Spoon »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 08, 2019, 05:35:19 am »

"It is an edict that breaks the very concepts of logic and rules apart and reshapes them into my image. Essentially, everything that exists, including us but excepting jelly rolls, is now a reality-destroying paradox that nevertheless doesn't destroy reality. The rest of the edict is essentially rules that make it impossible to disobey the edict by enforcing disobeying the edict, as well as padding to make the edict verbous enough for the Destinies' discount. The universe should, as a whole, become far stabler by becoming stably unstable."

The Thirteenth grins.

"No, it does not make sense. That is the very point of it, to make the universe not be required to make sense."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 09, 2019, 01:59:09 am »

hmm, so who is guarding the corpse of the dead, cause i need to make sure it goes through proper customs of the dead, we can't have a dead body stinking up the place
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 02:26:04 am by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 09, 2019, 02:27:22 am »

Overseer of Challenges and the Mother Protector, i request you let me give the corpse a proper burial
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 09, 2019, 04:48:55 am »

[The Overseer of Challenges, Dungeon God]

Overseer of Challenges and the Mother Protector, i request you let me give the corpse a proper burial
"No. It's my corpse, I shall bury it. Once these pesky titans stop trying to steal it. In fact, why should I trust you? You will just steal it, like the others."
Paranoia intensifies.
"Leave us alone, and we'll see about burying our parent. But we'll make sure that none of you know where it is. As you have mutilated, drained, and tried to steal it many times."
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 09, 2019, 04:58:51 am »

you know they won't let you hide it right, please don't make me have to ask for help cause i want to have this be simple and civil

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 09, 2019, 05:05:56 am »

"MOOOOOoooMOOOO"

Code: [Select]
Stop, bother MINE. SEED.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 09, 2019, 05:14:59 am »

i don't want to fight all i want to do is do a proper burial and some paper work, besides the type of buriel i have in mind is special

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 09, 2019, 07:22:35 am »

A voice echoes around Quo

"Please stop the harassment of Overseer-dono. You would take burial rights from their children?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #144 on: February 09, 2019, 01:13:43 pm »

"Let the Overseer have what remains of their parent. Enough conflict has happened over Mana when she was alive; must it continue after her death? Busy yourself with the new world, instead." The Defender sighed, shaking their head. He turned to one of the quieter gods, the Legion one.
"Quilted Knight, have you thought on my terms?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 09, 2019, 10:32:05 pm »

Spend 6E to bias the marble market towards S and H.
Spend two actions acquiring marbles, because this has now become a rat-race and I'd rather not get left behind. :/
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 10, 2019, 12:05:21 am »

Spend 6E to bias the marble market towards S and H.
Spend two actions acquiring marbles, because this has now become a rat-race and I'd rather not get left behind. :/

I hope that I might join you in this move, one who is the Last.

Share in the S and H bias if allowed.
Spoiler:  Marbles! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 01:47:45 am by Demonic Spoon »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #147 on: February 10, 2019, 05:47:12 am »

Turn 1.5: Mo(u)rning

((OOC | Discord))

The World Reborn

In order to create the world once again, the Defender brought fire and water together and carefully beat the resulting heap of stone into a shell around the Hollow Dreamer's early web. He ground the inner surface into substrate aplenty for all manner of lichens and mosses and cut rifts and passages through the shell, linking the two surfaces together and allowing the Dreamer to anchor her webs to the world. This done, the Hollow Dreamer soon completed the Dark Web, a great web inside the shell, and there established her realm. To complete it, the Meta Machine placed intricate celestial machinery to move future moons around the interior of the unnamed world.

The Defender surveyed his handiwork and saw that it was chaotic good, and the Defender willed that there should be the Realm of Aurum, a golden reflection of the mortal realm where words hold great power, and fashioned his Pillar into the Hall of Judgment, a palace built on the tallest hill in the Realm which serves to support the unnamed world and house the judges of the dead.

Some of the debris from the earlier destruction of Aquarius weakly illuminated the outer surface of the shell, mostly made up of cold stone but interrupted by great seas of dark lava.

Pillar of Robots

The Meta Machine previously deployed a Pillar named "████ Mana!" that soon surrounded itself with a small cloud of mechanical guardians and spare parts assembled from the debris of the Aquarius Novasphere. Pleased with the results, the Meta Machine empowered one of the drones into the Archangel Cogmind 1, controller of the guardians of the Pillar and created an entrance into the eternal factory plane named the Vault of Cogs. This plane was soon filled with Assemblers, self-replicating factories patrolling the Vault and overall guarding the Pillar.

Quote from: ████ Mana!
Name (optional): F**K Mana!
Sphere (limit 1): Robots
Anchor: The existence of at least one artifact
Description: A massive clockwork machine. Creates robotic servants to impose its will upon reality

"We would appreciate if the other Titans didn't name their Pillars such eldritch things in the future."

The Meta Machine additionally forged the First Mech, a feature-rich mech-suit suitable for lesser divinities and heroes. Naturally, the Machine stored it in the Vault.

Murder of Foreign Objects

The Forbidden Observer announced the formation of the Murder of Foreign Objects, a pantheon dedicated to protecting the Titans' interests and made up of the Observer, Midan, Ogretch' da Fowl, and the Hollow Dreamer. What few gods there are provide no comment on this alarming development.

The False Edict Reformation Act

The Fourth Banner has issued a reform in the process responsible for Titanic Edicts. The Destinies eagerly scramble to reclaim the Marbles the Titans grabbed so feverishly.
Edict Reformation Act
After this act goes into effect, Titanic Edicts must be voted on by the currently living Titans. At least 50% must support the edict in order for it to take effect. The act currently known as “The False Edict of Give Free Marbles to the First Precept” will be declared null and void. Any marbles purchased under this act will be charged to the purchaser’s account at full price, except those made by the entity currently known as “Fourth Banner” at time of this edict coming into effect. If Titans are inactive, defined as “not performing any action in secret or public for the last three Turns”, they are removed from the total amount until they are once again considered active.
Titanic Edicts, including the Edict Reformation Act, may be removed for free if the Titans call a vote and 50% of Titans agree that it must be removed. Edicts may be edited for free if Titans call a vote and 50% agree with the edit. These are subject to the same constraints as Edicts taking effect. This effect bypasses any edicts claiming that they can not be effected by other Edicts by using loopholes as necessary (Ex, adding a clause to the Edict Reformation Act changing the name of Edicts from “Edicts” to “Declarations” temporarily, preventing language blocking its manipulation).
Votes may be made in secret, but the total will be publicly available. Sufficiently powerful entities can be considered “Titans” for the purpose of these edict if a sponsor brings them before the Titans suggesting they be allowed to vote. A vote of 50%, subject to the same constraints outlined above, of the Titans will allow them to be considered “Titans” for all purposes outlined in this Edict.

The Committee of Calamity

Another purported pantheon named the Committee of Calamity proposed a massive Titanic Edict creatively named the False Titanic Edict which accomplished the following:
  • Induce the formation of four (currently unclaimed) Flux wells corresponding to the elemental and sorcerous Marbles to enable Titans to act long after global Flux has declined
  • Create the Dreaming Essence stream to grant Titans an ever-increasing Essence income the more intensely and deeply they sleep
  • Create the Primogenitor titles to ease the birthing of a new divinities
  • Create the title of Hierarch, who is granted the power to draft agreements cheaply but who must in return record the feudal relations between divinities
  • Define "First Precept" as an entity with self-proclaimed membership for any and all Titans

The Defender, the Hollow Dreamer, the Thirteenth Titan, the Meta Machine, and Midan all contributed to the funding of this Edict.

Tyrant, son of the Dweller in Darkness and the Hollow Dreamer, has taken an interest in reviewing this blatant Titanic power-grab for some reason.

[/s]

The False Edict of Exceptional Rules

The Thirteenth Titan proclaimed the False Edict of Exceptional Rules, and although most of its contents seemed strangely corrupted, the purportedly most important part remained:

Quote from: The False Edict of Exceptional Rules
The universe will not implode, explode or in any way be destroyed because of any paradox or corruption or broken logic in an Edict or any other action, be it divine or not. Destruction because of other reasons is still possible.

All of the Titans and gods felt a strange craving for a certain pastry. (The Thirteenth: +0 Corruption)

[/s]

Time is Sight

The Forbidden Observer crushed the remains of the toppled Yggdrasil into the Chains of the Transgressors, a ball of vines capaable of weakening and even binding very nearly anything, including such things as lesser Edicts.

Next, the Observer looked around for something.

Coming of Age

The child of the Hollow Dreamer and Midan, a living fire made of spiders, has come of age and been christened Stareater. This Major God of Hunger and Passion lives in pursuit of Power and, hoping to follow in the Forbidden Observer's cannibalistic footsteps, has skittered off to fight Fourth Banner over the contents of his bag.

Children of a Lightless Sun

The Hollow Dreamer celebrated her ascension with the Dweller in Darkness, and the spidery couple produced a host of children, viz. Nightbringer the Archdevil of Night, Tyrant the Demigod of Tyranny and Inheritance, Weaver the Archangel of Fateweaving, and Duenna the Archangel of Babysitting.

Nightbringer stayed by the Hollow Dreamer's side, ready to punish those who dared challenge the endless night brought about by the Dark Sun.

Tyrant appeared to be moody and listless on account of having nothing substantial to tyrannize save perhaps the children of Mana, whom the Fourth Banner was already doing an excellent job of tormenting.

Weaver was sent away to serve under the Destinies and was soon seen working on a smaller tapestry in the form of a cobweb.

"Lufida'f reward haf arrived! Ufe it wively!"

As for Duenna, Duenna participated in the weaving of the Hollow Dreamer's new home.

The Defender and the Last

The Defender and the Last did meet, and in due time, a kindly armored Major God did appear.

The Baggings Will Continue

(pending sleep)

The Fourth Banner found Mother Protector and the Overseer of Challenges again, and the Overseer of Challenges nearly revealed herself, but the Twin gods managed to escape briefly until Midan appeared out of nowhere to corner them. The Fourth Banner and Midan felt decidedly less Titanic on approaching the Twins, and even the Fourth Banner's bag began frowning.

Dancing Bull

The First Precept danced for the Destinies and was awarded a hefty sum of Marbles for his efforts. (+F, +2A, +E, +3D, +N, +8B, +2H)

Having completed the dancing, the First Precept rutted with the One True Edict despite the Forbidden Observer's creepy observation and protests. The resulting son, a World Edict twisted into cow form, is as follows:

Quote from: Edict of Bovine Truth
All bovines in all the world shall moo only the truth.

"Curious, but this doesn't apply to the Titan named First Precept unless he'd like it to."

Next, the First Precept rutted with Midan and begat two identical twin demigods in the likenesses of whales while discussing payment for Zo'Vass' Edict.

Colossus Sighted!

The Meta Machine created the First Colossus, a terrifying giant given dominion over blood and those touched by its own. Beware its mutagenic blood!

The children of the Hollow Dreamer are fascinated by this first of monsters, and Stareater in particular has provoked it into chasing him around just above the formless inner surface of the world.

The Defender and Legion One

"Let the Overseer have what remains of their parent. Enough conflict has happened over Mana when she was alive; must it continue after her death? Busy yourself with the new world, instead." The Defender sighed, shaking their head. He turned to one of the quieter gods, the Legion one.
"Yes, and I accept! Let me be the one to officiate your marriages and unions!"

Quarin the Mysterious

A Major God of Life and Death named Quarin appeared. Rumors to the effect that Quarin is an unacknowledged son of the Last Titan and the First Precept spread among the gods.

The Last Dances for the Destinies

The Last reluctantly danced for the Destinies as well and was rewarded with a bounty of Marbles. (+F, +2A, +2W, +2E, +5S, +D, +N, +5H)

Titanic Age

Current Flux level: Extreme, Flux storms subsiding

Cave of Destinies

Tapestry of Fate

Progress: Accelerating
Intrigue: Delicious!

Doomsday Book

Quote from: Hollow Dreamer
Legion One shall marry a spider before the moons number three.

Universal Scales

This mysterious artifact, covered in the red Cloth of Continuity, has been brought out of the Closet of Fate.

Weaver's Web

Weaver is still learning the basics of fateweaving.

Divinities

Spoiler: The Titans (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Demigods (click to show/hide)

Creations

Spoiler: The World (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Peoples (empty!) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 06:21:01 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 10, 2019, 06:22:49 am »

The Defender and Legion One

"Yes, and I accept! Let me be the one to officiate your marriages and unions!"

Why should we follow this unproven new methodology, when rutting with anything we feel like has worked so well for us so far? Show for us the benefits of this "marriage" paradigm oh Legion One, and your commitment to it! Marry someone! You have so far spoken only of marrying others, which seems suspicious and speaks of hidden costs and drawbacks!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #149 on: February 10, 2019, 06:23:47 am »

Democracy?

A vote is called on the Titanic Proposal. Only Titans' votes will be counted!:
Spoiler: Titanic Proposal (click to show/hide)
A vote is called on the Proposal of Exceptional Rules. Only Titans' votes will be counted!:

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14