Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Ye Titans! IC [12/12+4/12]  (Read 12450 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Titans! IC [12/12+4/12]
« Reply #150 on: February 10, 2019, 06:28:33 am »

Approve the Titanic Edict
Abstain on the Exceptional Rules
Vote against the Edict Reformation Act

The Fourth Banner has issued a reform in the process responsible for Titanic Edicts. The Destinies eagerly scramble to reclaim the Marbles the Titans grabbed so feverishly.
Edict Reformation Act
After this act goes into effect, Titanic Edicts must be voted on by the currently living Titans. At least 50% must support the edict in order for it to take effect. The act currently known as “The False Edict of Give Free Marbles to the First Precept” will be declared null and void. Any marbles purchased under this act will be charged to the purchaser’s account at full price, except those made by the entity currently known as “Fourth Banner” at time of this edict coming into effect. If Titans are inactive, defined as “not performing any action in secret or public for the last three Turns”, they are removed from the total amount until they are once again considered active.

Titanic Edicts, including the Edict Reformation Act, may be removed for free if the Titans call a vote and 50% of Titans agree that it must be removed. Edicts may be edited for free if Titans call a vote and 50% agree with the edit. These are subject to the same constraints as Edicts taking effect. This effect bypasses any edicts claiming that they can not be effected by other Edicts by using loopholes as necessary (Ex, adding a clause to the Edict Reformation Act changing the name of Edicts from “Edicts” to “Declarations” temporarily, preventing language blocking its manipulation).

Votes may be made in secret, but the total will be publicly available. Sufficiently powerful entities can be considered “Titans” for the purpose of these edict if a sponsor brings them before the Titans suggesting they be allowed to vote. A vote of 50%, subject to the same constraints outlined above, of the Titans will allow them to be considered “Titans” for all purposes outlined in this Edict.
Objection, per the terms of this edict, it must be voted into effect after it has gone into effect, to actually go into effect. Since it has prevented the Thirteenth's edict from being implemented, this presents a dangerous paradox.

Further objection, the "The False Edict of Give Free Marbles to the First Precept" is an edict, not an act, and as such is unaffected by the Edict Reformation Act, which is declaring a nonexistent act of "The False Edict of Give Free Marbles to the First Precept" void and null.

Name one of the remnants of the world created by Mana, "The act of “The False Edict of Give Free Marbles to the First Precept”"
Name another one of the remnants, "The act currently known as “The False Edict of Give Free Marbles to the First Precept”"

Further, further objection, the Edict Reformation Act specifies that only marbles obtained under "this act" i.e, the Edict Reformation Act, must be charged. And as the implementation of the "Edict Reformation Act" automatically voided the "The False Edict of Give Free Marbles to the First Precept" if the previous objection is overruled, there is no overlap between the two edicts in terms of being charged for marbles.

The Hollow Dreamer votes for an edit to the Edict Reformation Act under the rules of the Edict Reformation Act. Replacing:
The act currently known as “The False Edict of Give Free Marbles to the First Precept” will be declared null and void. Any marbles purchased under this act will be charged to the purchaser’s account at full price, except those made by the entity currently known as “Fourth Banner” at time of this edict coming into effect.
with
The edict currently known as “The False Edict of Give Free Marbles to the First Precept” will be declared null and void. Any marbles gained under the effects of the "The False Edict of Give Free Marbles to the First Precept for free" is kept for free by the Titans, except for the titan Fourth Banner and the individual titan who holds the Spheres of Life and Danger, who have to pay the costs for their own marbles previously gained for free under the "The False Edict of Give Free Marbles to the First Precept for free" or return them to the Destinies.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 01:26:07 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #151 on: February 10, 2019, 12:05:00 pm »

"Very well then, Quilted One, I shall grant you what I may spare."
Give Legion One my remaining EE (it is 11 by your count, but 5 by mine) and 1H+1E.

"I believe some of this to be ill-considered. Fourth Banner, while I agree with the principle of your reform, the blatant Marvel grab behind it is absurd."
Defender votes Yes on Proposal of Exceptional Rules.
Defender votes Yes on Titanic Proposal.
Defender proposes his own amendment to the Reformation Action, replacing

Any marbles purchased under this act will be charged to the purchaser’s account at full price, except those made by the entity currently known as “Fourth Banner” at time of this edict coming into effect.
with
Any marbles purchased under the effects of the “The False Edict of Give Free Marbles to the First Precept” will be retained, and those that did not purchase any marbles under said act are to receive 4d6! marbles as compensation and reward for their lack of greed. No further Edicts may modify the price of the items known as marbles at the time of writing.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 10, 2019, 12:20:24 pm »

Any marbles purchased under this act will be charged to the purchaser’s account at full price, except those made by the entity currently known as “Fourth Banner” at time of this edict coming into effect.
with
Any marbles purchased under the effects of the “The False Edict of Give Free Marbles to the First Precept” will be retained, and those that did not purchase any marbles under said act are to receive 4d6! marbles as compensation and reward for their lack of greed. No further Edicts may modify the price of the items known as marbles at the time of writing.

The Hollow Dreamer approves this amendment.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 10, 2019, 01:56:03 pm »

Approve the Titanic Edict
Abstain on the Exceptional Rules
Vote against the Edict Reformation Act

The Fourth Banner has issued a reform in the process responsible for Titanic Edicts. The Destinies eagerly scramble to reclaim the Marbles the Titans grabbed so feverishly.
Edict Reformation Act
After this act goes into effect, Titanic Edicts must be voted on by the currently living Titans. At least 50% must support the edict in order for it to take effect. The act currently known as “The False Edict of Give Free Marbles to the First Precept” will be declared null and void. Any marbles purchased under this act will be charged to the purchaser’s account at full price, except those made by the entity currently known as “Fourth Banner” at time of this edict coming into effect. If Titans are inactive, defined as “not performing any action in secret or public for the last three Turns”, they are removed from the total amount until they are once again considered active.

Titanic Edicts, including the Edict Reformation Act, may be removed for free if the Titans call a vote and 50% of Titans agree that it must be removed. Edicts may be edited for free if Titans call a vote and 50% agree with the edit. These are subject to the same constraints as Edicts taking effect. This effect bypasses any edicts claiming that they can not be effected by other Edicts by using loopholes as necessary (Ex, adding a clause to the Edict Reformation Act changing the name of Edicts from “Edicts” to “Declarations” temporarily, preventing language blocking its manipulation).

Votes may be made in secret, but the total will be publicly available. Sufficiently powerful entities can be considered “Titans” for the purpose of these edict if a sponsor brings them before the Titans suggesting they be allowed to vote. A vote of 50%, subject to the same constraints outlined above, of the Titans will allow them to be considered “Titans” for all purposes outlined in this Edict.
Objection, per the terms of this edict, it must be voted into effect after it has gone into effect, to actually go into effect. Since it has prevented the Thirteenth's edict from being implemented, this presents a dangerous paradox.

Further objection, the "The False Edict of Give Free Marbles to the First Precept" is an edict, not an act, and as such is unaffected by the Edict Reformation Act, which is declaring a nonexistent act of "The False Edict of Give Free Marbles to the First Precept" void and null.

Name one of the remnants of the world created by Mana, "The act of “The False Edict of Give Free Marbles to the First Precept”"
Name another one of the remnants, "The act currently known as “The False Edict of Give Free Marbles to the First Precept”"

Further, further objection, the Edict Reformation Act specifies that only marbles obtained under "this act" i.e, the Edict Reformation Act, must be charged. And as the implementation of the "Edict Reformation Act" automatically voided the "The False Edict of Give Free Marbles to the First Precept" if the previous objection is overruled, there is no overlap between the two edicts in terms of being charged for marbles.

The Hollow Dreamer votes for an edit to the Edict Reformation Act under the rules of the Edict Reformation Act. Replacing:
The act currently known as “The False Edict of Give Free Marbles to the First Precept” will be declared null and void. Any marbles purchased under this act will be charged to the purchaser’s account at full price, except those made by the entity currently known as “Fourth Banner” at time of this edict coming into effect.
with
The edict currently known as “The False Edict of Give Free Marbles to the First Precept” will be declared null and void. Any marbles gained under the effects of the "The False Edict of Give Free Marbles to the First Precept for free" is kept for free by the Titans, except for the titan Fourth Banner and the individual titan who holds the Spheres of Life and Danger, who have to pay the costs for their own marbles previously gained for free under the "The False Edict of Give Free Marbles to the First Precept for free" or return them to the Destinies.

"First ***ection, the wo*ding 'after **** act goes into effect' suggests that it doesn't a**ly to itself. It would be imposs***e to apply it otherwise. Second, as the edicts need ** 'act-ion' to pe***rm, they are by def***tion an 'act'. Attempting to wea*** out of your **** payments will only harm you further."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 10, 2019, 02:02:15 pm »

It was suggested that only First Precept needs to pay actions for free marbles. It was suggested that the marbles were already bought with the action, not requiring further payment. It was suggested your edict has loopholes big enough to drive a world through.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 10, 2019, 02:53:15 pm »

It was suggested that only First Precept needs to pay actions for free marbles. It was suggested that the marbles were already bought with the action, not requiring further payment. It was suggested your edict has loopholes big enough to drive a world through.

"I'm not a law*****, and those loop***** are wishful thinking at best. The ***les arn't ****. You will *** for them as is just and ***** in civilized society."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 10, 2019, 02:54:20 pm »

"I'm not a law*****, and those loop***** are wishful thinking at best. The ***les arn't ****. You will *** for them as is just and ***** in civilized society."
This isn't a civilized society if marbles can be stolen from titans on a whim of one titan.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 03:00:13 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 10, 2019, 02:58:31 pm »

This isn't a civilized society if marbles can be stolen from others on a whim of one titan.

"They *** *** be. I have f*xed that in *** ways, first by ***cing you to pay for the marb*** you had ****** in the first place, second by setting up a democratic ***** preventing the will of one ***** with an E**ct from o**rtaking all oth**s."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 10, 2019, 02:59:05 pm »

A Titan seeks the death of another, words are exchanged and broken in equal measure. A Titan seeks to kidnap and enslave others, even as others prepare to kill others.

No, this is not a place of law, for the Edicts are only used to seek the destitution of others. Never Law for the new World. No Law for a new society.

Fourth Banner, stop your kidnapping attempts, before your folly sees you die as well to sheer chance.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #159 on: February 10, 2019, 03:37:00 pm »

"Curious is the one who claims to be fixing problems, yet endeavors to ensure that they profit off said problems. Curiouser is the one who opposes the will of one Titan affecting us all, yet tramples on the wills of his lessers. Tattered One, I agree with much of the spirit of your edict, but parts of it represent a blatant attack on the interests of others. Compromise, allow all to gain from this the resources we need to build a new world, and you shall have my full support, and the support of the others as well; continue to attack their interests and my own, and the fate of this Edict and yourself become far less certain.

I do not intend to spark another war between Titans, Tattered One, but the others are not so gentle."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 10, 2019, 03:52:03 pm »

"Curious is the one who claims to be fixing problems, yet endeavors to ensure that they profit off said problems. Curiouser is the one who opposes the will of one Titan affecting us all, yet tramples on the wills of his lessers. Tattered One, I agree with much of the spirit of your edict, but parts of it represent a blatant attack on the interests of others. Compromise, allow all to gain from this the resources we need to build a new world, and you shall have my full support, and the support of the others as well; continue to attack their interests and my own, and the fate of this Edict and yourself become far less certain.

I do not intend to spark another war between Titans, Tattered One, but the others are not so gentle."

"Profit in **** way? A T**an abused the Ed*** system in an att**pt to get unlimited ****les for himself. You all decided to share in **** **use. I'm simply setting things **** to where they were had said abusive ***** never gone into ***ect. My own ex***tion from the system was **** only once, in order to pay for the edict setting things *****. Rattle your saber all you'd ****, you'll find that I am not as ****** as **na was. So long as I esc*** instead of attempting to ***ht numb**s h**d on you will not slay me."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 10, 2019, 03:55:52 pm »

"Profit in **** way? A T**an abused the Ed*** system in an att**pt to get unlimited ****les for himself. You all decided to share in **** **use. I'm simply setting things **** to where they were had said abusive ***** never gone into ***ect. My own ex***tion from the system was **** only once, in order to pay for the edict setting things *****. Rattle your saber all you'd ****, you'll find that I am not as ****** as **na was. So long as I esc*** instead of attempting to ***ht numb**s h**d on you will not slay me."
I would have wasted an action on nothing, so no, things would not be set back to the way they were before. Refund my action or leave my marbles alone.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 03:59:51 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #162 on: February 10, 2019, 04:05:47 pm »

"And I only exploited the loophole due to needing to fund works that should have been split between us all, Tattered One. To pay for the losses I incurred in trying to do nothing more than stop Titanic bloodshed, and in trying to create things for us all to share in. Only once have I drawn from my own Essence to create something for my own benefit alone, and that was a simple place of rest. You would punish me for this?" The Defender shook his head. "You know very well that I cannot threaten you. I have spent all I have. Furthermore, had you only asked, I could have explained my own thoughts; I had planned on helping to overturn the Edict myself, once a cycle or two had gone by. The flow of Marbles for the creation and filling of the new world was a benefit for this time, though, and I fail to see who profits from slowing down the population of the planet that exists below us."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 10, 2019, 04:13:58 pm »

I would have wasted an action on nothing, so no, things would not be set back to the way they were before. Refund my action or leave my marbles alone.

"vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv***vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv********vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv***vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv*vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

You are in no position to **** demands to **. "

"And I only exploited the loophole due to needing to fund works that should have been split between us all, Tattered One. To pay for the losses I incurred in trying to do nothing more than stop Titanic bloodshed, and in trying to create things for us all to share in. Only once have I drawn from my own Essence to create something for my own benefit alone, and that was a simple place of rest. You would punish me for this?" The Defender shook his head. "You know very well that I cannot threaten you. I have spent all I have. Furthermore, had you only asked, I could have explained my own thoughts; I had planned on helping to overturn the Edict myself, once a cycle or two had gone by. The flow of Marbles for the creation and filling of the new world was a benefit for this time, though, and I fail to see who profits from slowing down the population of the planet that exists below us."

"Is that what you ***sider just***? St**ling from others to use how you *** fit? Ju**ice is punishing the guilty. You are guilty, so you would ** ********. You should know **** much. My **ict directly be***ited those from who the m***les where being st****, in ***ect they where paying to have the ***ct overturned themselves. A necessary ****, as they say. You s***e them for your own b***fit."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2019, 04:22:59 pm »

"Stealing? From whom, the Destinies? You cannot steal what is infinite. There is no guilt in acquiring what you need to perform your duties as a deity, when such acquisition causes harm to none. None have been lead to believe that Marbles are anything but an infinite resource, only parceled out by the Destinies to us as they lack the nature to make use of them yet do not desire us to acquire too much of their power. Do not talk down to me as if you have a greater understanding of my sphere, kidnapper. Tell me, are the godlings you seek to abduct guilty? Do not speak to me of guilt, ye who claims to be a civilized being yet preys upon the weak because they can."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14