Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC and Recruitment Thread! Game is live!  (Read 28586 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC and Recruitment Thread! Game is live!
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2019, 06:18:09 am »

Well I'd need to get 2-3 consecutive 3s on a 3d6 roll, but yeah.

Quote from: Different Breeds of Goblin
Mite: The smallest of their kind, mites stand around 18 inches tall and weigh about 15 pounds. Their thin, spindly bodies typically have coal-black skin. Mites live alongside other goblins.

Quote from: Character Development Table: Breed
3 = Mite. Decrease your Size to 1/4 and your Strength by 2. Increase your Agility and Perception both by 1.

Note: This is actually a little odd, as the size fraction is supposed to be based on humans. So size 1 is the size of a human, 2 is twice as large, and 1/4 would be one quarter as big as a human... Which apparently means 18 inches, 15 pounds.

Quote from: Character Development Table: Build
3 = You are quite small. Reduce your height by 3d6 inches and your weight by 2 pounds per inch.

So if we hit 3 on this table and then roll 18 for number of inches reduction, we've already ceased to exist. We also weigh -21 pounds, and as such are apparently made out of dark matter.

Quote from: Character Development Table: Age
3 = You are a child, 6 years old or younger. Halve your Size, height, and weight

This table actually comes before Build, so if we managed to roll 3 here as well then we'd be at size 1/8, in this case meaning 9 inches tall and weighing 7.5 pounds. If we then rolled hard on the Build table, we'd stand at a full height of -9 inches, and weigh in at just about -28.5 pounds.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2019, 06:56:06 am »

That's great.

Possibly hard to handle as either a player or DM, but great. Probably my favourite thing of the day so far, thank you.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2019, 07:48:57 am »

Yeah, I'm not sure how you'd work around having a... What would that be? A -1/8 size creature?

I mean, one thing is having negative mass, meaning that you'd need to grab onto the ground to prevent from falling into the sky via gravity pushing you away... But you also have negative volume, and I have no idea what that would do.

Like, in an abstract fuckery sense; I guess that means you'd be cramped and inhibited in larger spaces, but be able to stretch out your limbs and gain full range of motion in pockets and tiny cracks? I'm pretty sure I heard a folk tale about a trickster god who worked like that.

Or maybe you're just this roving "pinch" in reality, where everything nearby gets sucked in to compensate for your negative displacement. Then as you move away they stretch back to their proper shape and size, like one of those funky lens effects.

Of course, none of that even begins to make sense. Which is probably par for the course for a fae.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2019, 10:03:10 am »

Don't forget that even though the character would have a negative volume, it would have a positive surface area. Possibly not in any two of the three spatial dimensions we're used to, but positive nonetheless.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2019, 10:38:52 am »

So it could wear armour.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2019, 12:36:33 pm »

Completely finished my sheet and added a backstory. Here. I tried rolling for most things due to a lack of inspiration, but still ended with a pretty average dude. Hopefully, it's good enough.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2019, 01:03:25 pm »

Magic and folklore, nice.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2019, 07:25:53 pm »

I too would like to sign up for the waiting list, if I may. Character is entirely rolled, but not with dice, because I lack d20s.

The whole land for military service thing in his backstory I concocted from what little I read from the Orc Splatbook preview pages on rpgdrivethrough.com. It said, basically, that while nearly all Orcs are enslaved to the emperor, there do exist Orcs outside of his slave army; mostly in the form of Orc settlements established to promote the idea that Orc Retirement actually exist -- I figured pseudo-free land-for-service contracts would be a sort of natural extrapolation of their place in society. Hope that's okay for messing with the setting with you. Otherwise I could also see "Privilege to hold Orcs" as being something granted by the Emperor to trusted supporters and vassals, and that being the origin of the settlement and the contract, if that sits better with you.

Spoiler: Here's Stormin' Gormin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: More characty stuff (click to show/hide)
Love, scriver~

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2019, 08:06:22 pm »

Hey folks, sorry for the delays. Things have been a bit hectic at work. On days like today I barely have time to shower, eat dinner, and make lunch for the next day before going to bed.

I have some time off starting tomorrow though, so things should improve quite a bit!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2019, 03:53:34 am »

No worries, it's understandable, and thanks for letting us know :)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2019, 01:07:28 pm »

Boy oh boy I am just all over the place.

I've been working on a sheet and I have this so far. Character details like backstory and personality coming tomorrow. Is this good so far? I added the "Power" and "Languages" sections to the sheet as those were missing or I couldn't find the correct place to put those on.

EDIT: Finished, I guess.

Spoiler: Sigmund (click to show/hide)

This looks pretty good. You're officially first on the waitlist!

I too would like to sign up for the waiting list, if I may. Character is entirely rolled, but not with dice, because I lack d20s.

The whole land for military service thing in his backstory I concocted from what little I read from the Orc Splatbook preview pages on rpgdrivethrough.com. It said, basically, that while nearly all Orcs are enslaved to the emperor, there do exist Orcs outside of his slave army; mostly in the form of Orc settlements established to promote the idea that Orc Retirement actually exist -- I figured pseudo-free land-for-service contracts would be a sort of natural extrapolation of their place in society. Hope that's okay for messing with the setting with you. Otherwise I could also see "Privilege to hold Orcs" as being something granted by the Emperor to trusted supporters and vassals, and that being the origin of the settlement and the contract, if that sits better with you.

Spoiler: Here's Stormin' Gormin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: More characty stuff (click to show/hide)
Your logic regarding orc settlements seems pretty sound. I imagine that there are also free orc enclaves scattered here and there, who don't want any truck with either the Empire or the orc rebellion. Your backstory sorta breaks up near the end, but I think it'll work out okay. Consider yourself waitlisted.

I finished my sheet actually.
Like I said, I'm all over the place lately :P

As your most recent edit was done before either of the above sheets were posted (it was very close!), Weaver of Secrets will be joining shortly. Just gotta find a place to introduce a clockwork spider with a yappy dog...

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2019, 01:17:40 pm »

Fixed a few grammatical errors a few seconds ago, by the way. Glad to be first in the waitlist.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2019, 02:08:35 pm »

Your logic regarding orc settlements seems pretty sound. I imagine that there are also free orc enclaves scattered here and there, who don't want any truck with either the Empire or the orc rebellion. Your backstory sorta breaks up near the end, but I think it'll work out okay. Consider yourself waitlisted.

Ah, typical. I must've copypasted the safety copy instead of the finished ark. I'll get to rewriting it and resubmitting it.
Love, scriver~

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2019, 06:24:55 pm »

Is there enough moonlight and starlight to raise the goat pen from "obscured by darkness" to "obscured by shadows"? In other words, does Shadowsight apply tonight?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2019, 06:27:00 pm »

Yes, there is. It is not fully dark, just dark enough that humans will have a hard time seeing things.

(I gotta start remembering the terminology.)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7