Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 328

Author Topic: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue B  (Read 192559 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Chapter 5: Shipping is Unstoppable
« Reply #3465 on: August 28, 2020, 03:50:47 pm »

: "Hello Miss Marta! My apologies, I was cleaning the Efreeti and I guess the task ran long. How may I help you today?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: August 28, 2020, 04:16:47 pm »

"Oh, that's no problem! I was really going to do some of the cleaning myself. I, uh, I know my way around an airship. So, uh....I could....do you want me to uh....do you want me to teach you how to use the pistol? I realised I just gave it to you in the middle of the fight and just told you how to use it, but in my defense, it was a desperate situation."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: August 28, 2020, 06:09:53 pm »

: "I would be delighted if you would teach me, Miss Marta! I confess that I have not dared try to figure it out for myself, in case I suffer the same fate as my old Master. I would leave a most dreadful mess for someone else to clean."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: August 28, 2020, 08:43:43 pm »

The cocktail if regarded by composition was not so much a ginger margarita so much as it was a ginger beer spiked with ginger margarita. It has the distinction sweatness of agave one would expect from a margarita though it's rather muted as is the flavor of the lime. Given the high ginger content (especially relative to the the alcohol), it should theoretically at least have a calming effect on Shoe's stomach.

Or maybe it's just like doping. Who knows what horse-human physiology's like?

"*ahem* I believe it is worth it reminding that General Leviathan was willing to speak,  and through some unknown mechanism was prevented from doing so."
"I fear this same mechanism could ruin whatever attempts we make to parlay, given that whatever motivates the pair, it seems to be tied to their cause unlike the other Generals."
"On the other side of the matter, if we could subvert this mechanism or devise a countermeasure, we may have an easy way to commence negotiations. I'd imagine General Leviathan would at the very least want to tell her side of the story if given the chance."
She takes a sip.
"She seemed convinced it was caused by Serena. Whether that is the case, I do not know, though given the mysterious actions of the divinity this far, it does not seem impossible that a goddess its making some manner of play and using Serena as a vector of some sort."
"Of course, given the crowd and commotion, a third of party could have been a present and causing the interference, their allegiance and motivations would naturally be unknown, and while worth considering we have no idea leads to go on for that possibly."
"I'm curious to hear your thoughts Miss Milly, have your compatriots ever disclosed why they fight to a mortal? More to the point if magic was used to keep Leviathan or Mammon from communicating, may I presume you'd have detected it prior to your defection?"

((Disclaimer: I am just flat out guessing at this point. I've have margaritas, I've had diluted margaritas, I've had ginger beers, so this seems like a reasonable outcome to the me, but hey who knows maybe there's a lynch mob of angry bartenders gathering outside my house right now.))
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 09:15:30 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: August 28, 2020, 10:23:48 pm »

"...Considering you took that tome from them, that will only spark up even MPMH anger. I can MPMH you that much, considering Mammon was far from happy MPMMH see you with that thing. If anything MPMH might just take offense at that gesture as MPMHM might remind them what happened before."
"And MPMH is what I am hoping for, Marcia. To make MPMH listen to us and make it obvious we want MPMH hear her side of the story. The tricky part MPMH be convincing her that we aren't just MPMH around and taunting."
"She seems MPMH more reasonable compared to Mammon, so if we manage to MPMH  her mind, I am sure her husband will calm down too. Easier than done, of course."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: August 29, 2020, 03:45:37 am »

"We'd best do so without Serena present then. General Leviathan suspects her, and not neccesarily without reason. The more uncertainties we can eliminate the better."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: August 29, 2020, 10:54:18 am »

Keilee looks vaguely offended at Marcia's suggestion getting the okay, but decides to ignore it and turn back to Jarvis.
"I don't get where you're coming from Jarvis. Of course Mammon would be angry that I had his wife's tome, it was stolen when we fought her. Which is why I'm saying giving it back would be a good first step to establishing goodwill. As for what to do about the curse, I don't think we have much we can do. We'd need to figure out what exactly the target is, like is it just Leviathan and Mammon? The topic itself? Something else? And then we'd also need to know who did it and dispell the effect. And I don't think any of us has a single clue about any of that besides a single random accusation from someone that doesn't we can't exactly sit down and talk to at the moment."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: August 29, 2020, 07:14:47 pm »

"I-I wouldn't know! I-I haven't set foot on Ultima for...s-since the war began."

Marta suddenly looks....concerned and then crestfallen.
"....you know, I forgot, we're on an airship. Shooting stuff in here might not be....the best idea. But maybe we can find something in Ishim? It's a big city."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: August 29, 2020, 07:18:07 pm »

"Could such interference be detected?"
"My suspicions lean towards Serena as a vector or some unknown Person X for it would be strange for Leviathan to have not tried telling a mortal til only now."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: August 29, 2020, 07:21:45 pm »

".....L-Leviathan isn't exactly the type to go out on the frontlines unless absolutely necessary. H-Her talents are more in negotiation and commanding t-than fighting, n-not that it made her a....less difficult enemy....."

Serena, it seems, finally chimes in.
"Well....since you asked, I could have a try. I'd need to be pretty close, but a powerful goddess like myself has some spells that can.....detect curses. To break them, of course, I'd need to be more powerful than whatever cast them. So you mortals couldn't make a curse strong enough that I couldn't break it."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: August 29, 2020, 07:26:13 pm »

Jarvis just gave out a muffled sigh and crossed his arms.
"Listen, MPHM were the one asking my opinion on that, and you got it. I just cannot MPMH them suddenly having a 'change of heart' because MMPMH tome that was stolen is being given back by the one who stole it from them. Or being seen as MPMH gesture of goodwill on their eyes, and I am well aware MPMH is a lot of things we don't know about. But the priority MPMH be being ABLE to talk to them first before worrying about the curse or MPMH could have done that and how many were affected-Or what is being hidden."
"Sorry. It is just MPHM way I see this, you don't have to agree with me at MPMH, just like I don't agree with your vision on those two, considering they MPMH try to kill us before and even attacked public areas, making use of MPMH hostage."
With that being said, he turned his attention to Marcia instead, giving a brief shrug.
"I suppose that MPHM make them annoyed, yeah. At the same time it MPMH unfortunate, as this might be very important for Serena too. After MPMH she clearly doesn't know what MPH about either. Considering how MPMH of an impact this could make, you probably should check MPMH with Serena and the rest of the group to see if they are in favor of that."
"...But if Serena MPMH somehow capable of breaking curses, that's a whole story. I mean, HOW would we MPMH be able to let her close enough to Leviathan to make that happen? And that MPMH assuming the curse can be broken by Serena, if we are dealing MPMH someone stronger...That might make things a bit more awkward."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: August 29, 2020, 07:30:47 pm »

"Finally, someone talking sense! Yes, for all of you, the Goddesses might be random strangers but they happen to be MY family! I wouldn't be surprised if they'd been keeping secrets from me, considering they ALWAYS leave me out of everything....but I want to know what kind of secret they've been keeping that made the generals so mad. I've been thinking and thinking about it since we left Bastapa and it doesn't make any sense to me."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: August 29, 2020, 07:36:23 pm »

"..."
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
"Please excuse that little outburst. I found myself seized by the sudden need to scream."
"Before concerning ourselves with getting Serena into range, perhaps we could find a way to contact Leviathan or Mammon remotely? These cells of operatives must have some way of communicating at range. We need not request much, simply remind them of what happened when she tried to speak and ask her to try speaking to another mortal. That after all, is in her interests too. That could help us narrow down the list of possibilities."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: August 29, 2020, 07:45:32 pm »

"I'm afraid I-I can't help you there. L-Like I said, I-I haven't set foot on Ultima for the last three thousand years. I-I don't even know how they communicate with their forces."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: August 29, 2020, 07:51:47 pm »

"...What."
"...Right. Well, Belphegor probably has a way to get in contact with MPMH, after all before she MPMH 'killed' I am pretty sure she had to make reports about MPMH activity. Or just a way to communicate MPMH case she needed help."
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 328