Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 328

Author Topic: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue B  (Read 193556 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Chapter 8: The Obligatory Beach Episode
« Reply #4590 on: December 23, 2021, 12:50:41 am »

"I am not in the mood for your petty taunts. Say something productive or be disemboweled."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: December 26, 2021, 02:39:34 pm »

Keith surges into Orobas, darting in with his fists and landing a few hits.
"I forgot who I am, almost."
Quote from: Keith vs. Orobas
(Keith has Sanjuro!)
(Keith's a strong starter!)
(Keith's Underdog activates!)
(Keith's Boxer's Roll activates!)
(Orobas is blinded by rage...)
(Orobas' Underdog activates!)
(Orobas roams inside a pit of danger!)

Keith initiates!
Hit Rate: Irrelevant
Hit: Autohit!
Orobas takes 16 damage!
(Orobas gains 1 stack of Bloody-Minded Determination!)

Keith strikes twice!
Keith initiates!
Orobas takes 14 damage!
(Orobas gains 2 stacks of Bloody-Minded Determination!)

(Orobas swallows down a thousand years of anger!)

Orobas retaliates!
Hit Rate: 59 to hit
Hit: 6, hit!
Keith takes 28 damage!

(Keith is no longer a strong starter...)
Orobas tanks the fists, and retaliates with a fierce slam of his hammer into Keith's gut. Though Keith's still standing after that, it's pretty clear that if Orobas lands even one more hit like that on him, he's down for the count.

As Keith reels from the first hit, Orobas approaches him.
"I'm a demon of tenacity, kid. Demons like us, we don't give up. We don't know the meaning of giving up."
He drags his hammer across the ring.
"You little bastard. You took my pride from me. My clan looked at me like some sort of weakling. You had me lurking for twenty years trying to get it back. Tracking you down. Had me chomping at the bit for the chance to take what was mine back. Lost my fire for years. And when I found you, I got it back. Rebuilt from the ground up."
"Now, now I get it back. The winner is the one who never gives up. So go down, Piper!"

~~Enemy Phase~~
Orobas lifts his hammer over Keith.
"COME ON! IT'S OVER!"

Quote from: Orobas vs. Keith
(Keith's Underdog activates!)
(Keith's Boxer's Roll activates!)
(Orobas is blinded by rage...)
(Orobas' Underdog activates!)
(Orobas roams inside a pit of danger!)
(Orobas swallows down a thousand years of anger!)
(Orobas will bring Keith to the ground!)

Orobas initiates!
Hit Rate: 59 to hit
Hit: 78, miss!

Keith retaliates!
Orobas takes 10 damage!
(Orobas gains 1 stack of Bloody-Minded Determination!)

Keith strikes again!
Orobas takes 8 damage!

Orobas is defeated!
In the blink of an eye, it is indeed over.

Orobas' hammer strike misses as Keith passes through it, using his Wish to make it happen. Long enough to avoid the swing, long enough to dart in with another one-two combo. The grizzled demon doesn't go down even from that, however, and so it takes one more, hefty strike to beat him.

The crowd cheers, as Orobas falls to his knees, using his hammer to prop himself up. Unlike every other time Keith has beaten him, however, the demon is still conscious, barely even winded.
"....damn. Even now, I still can't beat you."
"The hell makes you so damn strong?"

Keith has won the duel.

"...what? No. I was here to....well, destabilise this kingdom. Useless mortals you all are, easily swayed by promises of riches. What do you mean removal?"

"How will all this....you know, turn out? W-we're really going to fight the Goddesses themselves to try to f-find the truth and...."

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: December 26, 2021, 03:16:41 pm »

"... oh, so you actually didn't know. No matter. We have three willing Goddesses by hand, the ones which are not part of the whole conspiracy - and that means we can remove the curse that prevents you from speaking about the inconvenient-for-Freya history."

"That's what Mammon - whom we have already freed of the curse - asked us to do."

"...please don't make me say it even more directly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: December 26, 2021, 05:00:42 pm »

"I don't even know what I did. The last few decades? Not a damn clear memory in sight. I guess that doesn't make you feel any better though, given it seems like I humiliated you and I don't remember it at all. But I'm not trying to say you're beneath me or anything like that; I respect how strong you are. You're one tough son of a bitch."

"As for what makes me strong? It's easy. I never stop trying to break through my limits. I might be big and strong, but that doesn't mean there aren't people who are bigger or stronger, or faster, or more skilled, or maybe they're just straight up a demon general or a goddess. As long as there's someone or something to test myself against, I'm going to throw myself into the fight."

Keith offered Orobas a hand.

"Get stronger, and come for me again. And then one day when you beat me, I'll be the one chasing you."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: December 27, 2021, 01:12:27 pm »

Orobas pauses there. After a bit, he bitterly laughs.
"You know....I can't remember either, now that you mention it. Trying to get my lost pride back so long, I can't even remember what I lost it to. Can't even remember why I chased you for so long. Just that I had to. To get what was mine. And all that made you strong is never giving up....."
"...after all this, you're no half-ass. That, I respect. Good. My pride would never let me lose to a half-assed mortal."

He takes Keith's hand. Keith realises he can feel something inside his hand, and when Orobas lets go, he finds a pair of gauntlets, resembling a sleeker version of a certain peripheral from Keith's homeland.

"Take those. I can't have you losing to the Demon Lord. Nobody beats you before I do, Piper. Not even that bastard."
Keith receives the Demon's Pledge.

Leviathan just stares at Momo.

Then, she starts laughing bitterly.

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: December 27, 2021, 04:43:13 pm »

seriously now, is she going crazy

Momotarou did not comment.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: December 28, 2021, 09:28:55 pm »

"That's a MPMH question...But at this point MPMH can't just let this awful secret remain like this.
"Changing history MPMH not easy, but for the sake of others we need to do this."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: January 01, 2022, 11:07:38 am »

Keith looked at the gloves, then nodded and put them away in his coat.

"It's a promise between men, then."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: January 01, 2022, 10:21:06 pm »

"I am not in the mood for your petty taunts. Say something productive or be disemboweled."
: "Well I was going to ask if you wanted to get ice cream once you were done with whatever this was, but."
: "If you wanted to stare out into the ocean by yourself then that's fine by me."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: January 02, 2022, 04:28:05 am »

"... Yeah, I guess I just rambled on in the end. The key takeaway here is: Due to a specific work of art that is beloved amongst many from our old world, there's a higher chance that a Revivian will see you as the person you are under those scars. Someone with baggage of her own, but a normal person nonetheless. Well, as far as any of us can be called normal here, that is. More normal than 42-1 and Marcia, that's for sure."

"There's no need to be embarrassed about expressing your passions. Goddesses know I was very passionate about my revenge a couple of days ago."

"I suppose when comparing myself to 42-1, I do seem a bit normal. Well, as normal as a werewolf hunter who rarely leaves the forest could be."

"Actually, I've been focusing a lot about myself but I haven't really asked about you. How was you life before... coming over here? You revivans claim you come from another world right? Did you enjoy it over this one?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: January 02, 2022, 09:57:31 am »

Orobas stops. Then he nods.
"You better not screw up against the Demon Lord. I haven't got the time to fight a half-assed vampire."

He walks away, leaving the crowd cheering and applauding as he slips under the ring ropes and clambers off the ring. Midori Mask pokes his head out from the bleachers with the booker.
"He gone?"

"The irony of it all. All of our hate, all of everything we've ever done, only for our salvation to come at the hands of those who oppressed us? You're a Revivian, you could never understand, but it's a lot more important to me than it looks."

Milly nods.
"I...suppose. Hey....while we're here...y-you still have those materials? The shaft and the Falkar fang, r-right?"

Yliss and Jade are, indeed, suddenly aware of a bunch of Revivians ogling Jade from a distance, the female in the pair stopping, staring and drooling, before her male friend drags her away, but not without also sneaking a peek.

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: January 02, 2022, 10:32:03 am »

"Life is shit, and then you die - quoth one certain funny guy from my previous world."

"Yeah, I'm not going to pretend I can truly understand it like you can do..."

"...still, I'd rather not be called an oppressor, mmkay?  I only lived here for a few years..."

"I very much hope that you don't believe that children should be held responsible for sins of their fathers and mothers... or Goddesses, in this case."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4603 on: January 02, 2022, 11:13:41 am »

". . . if you had led with that, this exchange would have been far more efficient. I will accept your offering of ice cream should it prove satisfactory."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: January 02, 2022, 07:10:41 pm »

"Actually, I've been focusing a lot about myself but I haven't really asked about you. How was you life before... coming over here? You revivans claim you come from another world right? Did you enjoy it over this one?"
"Yes... and no. It's complicated. I've been a loner without any direction for the future back on Earth and my parents certainly didn't help, since they stopped acknowledging me as a person of value if my scores in school were less than perfect. In hindsight, I wasted a lot of time on entertainment media and, frankly, being an asshole at times on... well, it's hard to explain forums and boards and chatrooms without going on a major tangent. Let's just say that back on Earth, we had a lot of possibilities in how to interact with other people over a distance in real time without needing to be physically present. Like communicating via the tablets we have here, except even more advanced."
"In any case, I did a lot of different jobs, trying to find something I could be passionate about. Nothing stuck, though. In the jobs I had coworkers with, I usually got praised for my contributions, but still, couldn't identify with any job. And then, one day, I died. Rather don't want to talk about it, I think it's something deeply personal for every Revivian. But yeah, got the offer to get to this world, and because entertainment media from my world always made going to a different world like this look exciting, where magic is actually a thing and all that, I took the bait instead of passing into the afterlife. And now I'm here."
"It's not the wonderfully exciting world like our entertainment media makes it look like, but... I got used to it over time. Being part of this group is one of the best experiences I've ever had, so this is an area where I'm glad I chose to be reborn. Having kicked Demon General asses and now kicking Goddesses butts left and right definitely helps, because how many people can do something like that and live to tell the tale? Pretty badass if you ask me even if I should wind up being one of the less useful members of the team."

Yliss ignored the Revivian pair ogling at Jade. She'd like to complain that she got all the attention, but she just put a spotlight on how Revivians could appreciate someone of her appearance, so she felt like complaining wouldn't help anyone.
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 328