Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 328

Author Topic: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue B  (Read 192563 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Chapter 8: The Obligatory Beach Episode
« Reply #4635 on: January 24, 2022, 08:44:00 pm »

The vendor hands Shoes a heaping cone of caramel ice cream, topped with chocolate sauce.
"One caramel ice, right up! You two seem so adorable together, by the way. Reminds me of my daughter and her girlfriend."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: January 25, 2022, 07:52:50 pm »

"I see MPH reason to not let you do such thing. I lack the tools to MPMH something myself."
"Besides, MPMPH we build is often more than not only made MPHM deal with monsters, not all sorts of foes. So I am sure an experienced MPMHM is the right call for this."
Jarvis briefly left before returning with the materials on his hands to pass them.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: January 28, 2022, 11:04:11 pm »

Shoes eyes the cone consideringly for a moment, but elects to not devour the tasty treat in anticipation of getting her own.
"Patience is one of the few qualities I lack, but more than it has been tested as of late. Adjusting to this form has raised many questions for my great personage."
An expression begins to form on Dan's face, as if she suddenly began to understand, or 'get' something about Shoes, or at least believed that she was as she muttered.
: "Oh! I didn't know tha-"
She coughed.
: "Well, you know, if you ever feel uncomfortable enough with."
She squints, trying vainly to determine Shoes's age.
"Any recent changes to your body to want to do something about it. I might know a few people who could help with that, as any self respecting wizard would."

The vendor hands Shoes a heaping cone of caramel ice cream, topped with chocolate sauce.
"One caramel ice, right up! You two seem so adorable together, by the way. Reminds me of my daughter and her girlfriend."
She coughed loudly in response.
: "Oh no, she's definitely not-"
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4638 on: January 28, 2022, 11:18:50 pm »

"This woman is not my mate, how dare you even imply such a thing!?" Shoes huffed, her face turning red at the suggestion. Besides, it's not as if anybody worthy of me would find me to be a desirable companion."
"To return to the prior topic, it is not discomfort with this form, per se. I deplore the human form for its lack of impressive musculature, top speed, or natural weaponry, but I have found it to have certain utilities. It is. . . not unpleasant."
"No, greater questions than those of what vessel carries my mighty power bedevil my mind, if you must know. I prefer the way I am now, and yet it leaves me without purpose. Previously, I was the almighty Shoes, terrible steed of wrath, seeking to crush all before me until I found the one worthy of my power. Now. . . though it pains me to admit such weakness to one as lowly as yourself, I am uncertain."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: January 29, 2022, 10:07:26 pm »

Haruo examines the fang and the shaft.
"Hm. Yes....I can make you something with these. Good material. You're accustomed to using this to hunt monsters, yes?"

The vendor laughs.
"Oh, to be in love as a youth....my daughter said the same thing about hers."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: January 30, 2022, 01:14:52 am »

"Yeah, it is a MPMMH part of our culture. So we end up focusing on durability MPMH making our things."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: February 01, 2022, 04:42:05 pm »

Haruo goes into his tent, nodding to himself.

After what seems like, well. is the rest of the afternoon, Haruo emerges with a spear. The spear is simple, tipped with the Falkar's fang, the spearhead drilled into the bottom and bound with leather and lined with some of the shaft's metal. Across the bottom, there are some feather-like protrusions, similar to that of the Wigglers.
"This should be to your liking. The orichalcum shaft should make it as durable as anything your people could come up with. The Falkar bone is as tough as steel, but I've lined it with orichalcum to help its edge against non-monster opponents. The binding should help stabilisation, and the decorations...well....they'll remind you of home."

He hands the spear to Jarvis for him to test.

As the party begins to wind down, meanwhile, one of the waitresses suddenly trips, a cup of sake spilling across the back of Yliss' master's sword.
"Oh! Oh goddesses! I'm so sorry! I'll clean it up!"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: February 01, 2022, 05:03:07 pm »

As the time has passed, so too has the time for Yliss in a bikini passed and she was back in her regular clothings. Generally chilling, taking in the atmosphere, enjoying life.

And then some clumsy waitress spilled alcohol on the sword that peeked out of her adventurer's pack. The moment Yliss realized that, she stared at her master's sword, then at the waitress.

"WAAAAAH!"
"Do you even realize what kind of sword that is? It's priceless, one-of-a-kind, it deserves to be treated with respect and reverence! And you just come over here and spill something over it! I don't care that it was an accident, it's unique and means a lot to me and you better make..."

Click

It came from the sword. Yliss slowly tilted her head towards it, in a staggered motion, fearing the worst. Then, she noticed the "fangs", the metal prongs of the shaft keeping the blade sealed within it, have opened. She blinked a few times, slowly draws out the entire sword out of her pack, grasped the hilt and carefully pulled onto it.

The sword unsheathes. A magnificient masterwork of a katana gets revealed in the process, an emerald shimmer on when the sun's light hits directly onto it. More of the sword is unsheated. Yliss stares at the blade with wide eyes.

"... The master's scrolls were unable to do you justice, Wantit... The hamon of the soshu kitae-style of smithing combined with the flowing patterns of Damascus steel... Incredible... This truly is..."

She stared back at the waitress again, katana still in her hand.

"You owe me nothing. In fact, I owe you. By having figured out the secret of unleashing Wantit, nay, OROCHI, you are welcome to become my student in the art of the katana. Your fighting spirit and self-esteem will become unrivaled once I'm done with you. Plus, a chick who can properly use a katana is pretty hot, trust me."
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 05:05:51 pm by SirAston »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: February 02, 2022, 10:57:30 am »

Leviathan just eyes the sword as the waitress continues blubbering apologies.
"....that sword. I can't believe it. You had it?"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: February 02, 2022, 12:12:16 pm »

"Weeeeeeeell, I had been chosen to inherit the name and will of Master Musashi before my adventuring life, so... ..."
"... I got Orochi and a scroll as a memento?"
"I'm surprised you recognize it, though. Is it that big of a deal that even Demons know about it?"

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: February 02, 2022, 12:34:29 pm »

"...Don't tell me this sword has anything to do with our quest... such twists got tiring."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: February 03, 2022, 04:06:05 pm »

"And so's your flirting, but we can control one variable."
"Well, when it's only a sword wielded by an ancient master of your people that killed many of my kind, being itself one of a kind, it's not easy for me to forget it."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: February 03, 2022, 11:51:32 pm »

Jarvis took the weapon to examine it before giving a wobbly nod in response.
"Impressive work. HMPMH you for crafting this for me. I am sure MPMH will be very useful against our next opponents."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: February 04, 2022, 06:37:04 pm »

"And so's your flirting, but we can control one variable."
"I'm liking you more by the minute, Leviathan."

"Well, when it's only a sword wielded by an ancient master of your people that killed many of my kind, being itself one of a kind, it's not easy for me to forget it."
"Kinda surprised about that. I only know about him being undefeated in duels, and being one of the most infamous skirtchasers ever. In fact, to the point that the Musashi School got formed by some of his children specifically for the sake of forsaking carnal desires in pursuit of even greater achievements with the blade, to finally eradicate what they perceive as a shameful stain in their genealogy."
"Then again, I didn't really listen whenever the current Master Musashi taught me school history."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: February 06, 2022, 04:17:47 pm »

Leviathan nods slowly.
"Here's hoping that your sword can be used to wipe away a shameful stain in our history. It's a good-quality blade."
Yliss has received Orochi.

"If all goes well, according to Milly....they should be your last opponent. Good luck."
Jarvis has received the Wiggler Fang.
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 328