Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 168

Author Topic: Necromancy? 5E  (Read 98330 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancy? 5E
« Reply #555 on: August 09, 2019, 04:11:15 pm »

”you want a cure potion? Take one and leave me be”
Attack the skeleton this time

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 09, 2019, 04:14:59 pm »

You do the face stuff, and throw a punch at the thug; it connects with his left hand (23 hits, 10! bludgeoning) "Die", the thug looks extremely beat up.
The skeleton swings its billy-club at you; but it breezes by the back of your head. (11 misses)

The thug take a pair of advantageous slices at you with his dirty dagger; the first goes wide but he catches it across your face on the backswing (4 misses) (19 hits, 2 slashing poison immunity) "Why wont you die!?"

(you can only take one attack action a round, and say one thing)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 09, 2019, 04:26:17 pm »

Laugh a demented laugh. "DIE"
Strike again-- this time, to kill.

Oh, by the by... how have you been handling post resolution? First post takes precedence?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 04:30:47 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 09, 2019, 04:43:29 pm »

You laugh dementedly and strike at the thug again; it connects with his left knee (10+4hits, 8 bludgeoning) "DIE", the thug topples over and falls unconscious.
The skeleton swings at you with its billy-club; it lands on your left shoulder (12hits, 3 bludgeoning)

The prone thug's breathing slows...

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 09, 2019, 04:53:19 pm »

attack the skeleton

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 09, 2019, 05:05:30 pm »

You attack the skeleton (10+4 hits, 9 vulnerable for 18 bludgeoning) you scatter the skeletons bones across the alley.

The thug breathing evens out... and then stops.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 09, 2019, 05:12:30 pm »

check to see if I got blood on my hands or gauntlets, make sure nothing fell out of the pack, close it, then put the closed pack on my back, if there is blood, try to find a way to clean it off

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 09, 2019, 05:25:29 pm »

You didn't get any blood on anything, even your partially severed finger is void of blood.
You close the backpack and re-equip it.

With the resolution of this fight you feel you a plateauing of feeling inside you like readiness of some kind.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 09, 2019, 05:37:03 pm »

readyness for what? Think about the feeling while heading for the hospitalization district

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 09, 2019, 05:49:53 pm »

You think on this feeling, you are sure you could use this readiness for some self improvement...

You leave the alley and continue heading for the hospitality district.

You exit out past a crowd of drunks and are back on the street with the inn and the outfitter.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 09, 2019, 06:12:43 pm »

You think on this feeling, you are sure you could use this readiness for some self improvement...

You exit out past a crowd of drunks and are back on the street with the inn and the outfitter.
can we improve our dexterity with our readyness?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 09, 2019, 09:20:24 pm »

Bwahahaha. Let's... let's go do something about our injuries, actually. We can't "stay with" Makdt very well if we're dead, now can we?
Head back to the temple. Stay on heavily trafficked roads, so's we're less likely to get ambushed. Find a priest of some kind.
"Haha... ha... ha-h-h... h-help... me"

Also

Do determine whether we can indeed improve our dexterity right now, but if so, don't actually do it.
Given our stat layout, we may be better served picking out a different boost... depends on what class we're aiming for. A constitution/charisma split may be better.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 09, 2019, 09:28:01 pm »

Bwahahaha. Let's... let's go do something about our injuries, actually. We can't "stay with" Makdt very well if we're dead, now can we?
Head back to the temple. Stay on heavily trafficked roads, so's we're less likely to get ambushed. Find a priest of some kind.

Also

Do determine whether we can indeed improve our dexterity right now, but if so, don't actually do it.
Given our stat layout, we may be better served picking out a different boost... depends on what class we're aiming for. A constitution/charisma split may be better.
Yes, I used dex as an example since it was our lowest stat and presumably would cost less readyness points. I agree charisma will be helpful

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 09, 2019, 09:36:43 pm »

Truth be told, I'm just considering the charisma boost because our current charisma-stat is an odd number and our current constitution-stat is also an odd number and odd numbers are suboptimal so evening them out would be an efficient expenditure of ASI points. But yes, charisma is useful. Good for scaring people. Good for not-being-hurled-into-the-unending-abyss-by-ungodly-magic-such-as-should-never-have-been. Stuff like that.  :D

klonk
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 10, 2019, 04:56:15 am »

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 168